“Movenpick but Dubai excellent”

Movenpick Hotel & Apartments Bur Dubai
Ranked #85 of 542 Hotels in Dubai
Glasgow
“Movenpick but Dubai excellent”
Reviewed August 25, 2013

I stayed in The Movenpick Bur Dubai in August 2013 I stayed there for one week we were there for my Wife's 50th birthday. I have to say the hotel is lovely and very clean the staff are absolutely great, very polite and friendly and professional as well, the pool is fantastic and very quiet and relaxing.

Taxis are on tap outside the main entrance and are very reasonable, we will definitely go back to this hotel hopefully next year for my 50th ! On a whole I found Dubai very clean and friendly the taxi drivers are all superb plus speak very good English, the place is mind blowing and must be added to everyone's bucket list yes it is that good !

But too often people are too quick to criticise hotels plus there staff but trust me the Movenpick team are absolutely superb so I highly recommend you check out this gem of a hotel urgently.

See you soon .

Stuart & Alicia Glen

Room Tip: Higher floors have less noise so choose if possible the 4th or 5th floor
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
meppinger, Executive Assistant Manager at Movenpick Hotel & Apartments Bur Dubai, responded to this review, August 29, 2013
Dear Stuart G,

Thank you so much for taking the time to share your feedback of your most recent stay with us on TripAdvisor, but most importantly, thank you for being our guests while celebrating your wife’s birthday. I am delighted to read that you had such a comfortable and pleasant stay and that you enjoyed the various amenities of the hotel. I sincerely appreciate your kind comments pertaining to our service team. We truly value and appreciate your feedback and will look forward to our next opportunity to create a memorable time for you and your wife.

Markus Eppinger

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (295)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Czech first
  • Finnish first
  • Indonesian first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Reviewed August 25, 2013

I have stayed many times at this hotel and I have never wrote a review. The staff is always nice and the rooms are clean and there is in restaurant. The hotel does not serve alcohol but there are bars and shopping very near by. Great place for a family or a get away for yourself. Starbucks on location which works very well in the morning just sitting out in front in the early morning hours. I also had a chance to meet one of the housekeeping employees. His name is PalPandi. Very nice guy from India. Get a chance stay here and you will not regret it and thanks PalPandi for your suggestions and the fresh towels.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled solo
Dear FrederickDrake,

Thank you so much for sharing your positive feedback of your most recent stay with us on TripAdvisor. It gives me great pleasure to read that you had a comfortable and pleasant stay with us mainly due to our guest service and the efforts of Palpandi. I would like to inform you that we serve alcoholic beverages in all our outlets, including our English Sports Pub Somerset’s. Thank you for recommending our hotel and we will look forward to welcoming you back very soon.

Leeds, England, United Kingdom
Reviewed August 24, 2013

I really have to doubt the validity of some of the comments made here because they were completely opposite of what I have experienced.

The room I got was nothing like those in the pictures. The decors and fixtures may pass as 5 star 15 years ago but not by modern standard.The furnishings look very second hand and not from this era, the bathroom fixtures look more like some Chinese knock-offs than swiss made. No separate walk in shower which would have been fine if the barrier does the job but it leaked so bad the bathroom was completely flooded after 2 people using it. Sound proofing is very poor, baby cries and hammer knocks can be heard day and night. The changing room at the swimming pool is very small and looks no different to a public toilet and the floor drains were surrounded by black molds. Called room service for a fork twice in 30mins but never came, had to went to the lobby personally to get one, but 30 mins was wasted on a very tight schedule. Glad that this was only a stop over point before we went to the excellent Yas Viceroy hotel.

The staffs are mostly polite and attentive, especially the lady that checked us in and full size ironing board and iron came as standard. Sadly the overall experience was so bad I will avoid the Movenpick brand altogether in the future.

Room Tip: Don't be fooled by the 5 star rating or movenpick brand, look up rotana, ramada or jumeirah hote...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
meppinger, Executive Assistant Manager at Movenpick Hotel & Apartments Bur Dubai, responded to this review, September 1, 2013
Dear Sam W,

Thank you for your comments pertaining your recent stay with us at Mövenpick Hotel & Apartments Bur Dubai.

Whilst we may not be the most deluxe property in Dubai, we do value our people and the high level of service and friendliness they deliver to our guests each and every day. We are grateful to the vast majority of our guests who have recognized this over the years and taken time to share their positive experiences with us as a clearly detailed in the comments below and above.

We are grateful for your feedback.

Reviewed August 23, 2013

had the best stay here everyone was so friendly and the service was brilliant.they did everything to make sure we had a pleasant stay.room were cleaned everyday from house keeping Ramesh chinna he did a good job.the food was 5*food couldn"t fault it.i cannot wait to come back and visit it's going to be hard to top this holiday as dubai and this hotel was amazing thanks to everyone.

Room Tip: i really recommended to this hotel for amazing
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear mitchell m,

Thank you so much for posting your review of your recent stay with us on TripAdvisor. It gives me great pleasure to read that you had a superb stay with us and that you recommend us as an excellent place to stay while in Dubai. Thank you for your kind words pertaining to our service team and Ramesh in particular. I will certainly share your feedback with the entire team and we will look forward to welcoming you back, hopefully very soon.

brisbane
Reviewed August 23, 2013

I wouldn't rate this hotel as 5 star, more likely a 4 star hotel. I stayed in a standard double room.

Pros
-I got this hotel relatively cheap ~$120USD (without breakfast) in august 2013
-staff were generally friendly and helpful. There were some that were less so, but I wouldn't say there were rude or unhelpful.
-Large rooms
-We arrived early and receptionist at the time, organised an early check in for us

Cons
-There must some sort of nightclub or disco, in or very near the hotel. If you are a light sleeper the noise and thudding bass can keep you up. I thought it was just once off the first night, but also happened the second night. Spoke to the receptionist the second night, but there wasn't anything they could do about it... they offered to move us the next day, but we would already be checking out at that point.
-Pool got very busy at ~9:30pm at night (this was during summer), couldn't really swim properly without hitting people
-Iron wasn't working
-Shower doors aren't designed well. When closed, water still gets out and leaks everywhere on the bathroom floor.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear 99abc99,

Thank you so much for choosing the Mövenpick Hotel & Apartments Bur Dubai and I will certainly share your remarks with the entire team. I am happy to read that our team members efficiently assisted you and that we were able in confirming your early check-in. I am terribly sorry and concerned about the series of inconveniences you encountered throughout your visit. I have shared your feedback with the appropriate departments for internal review and improvements. I certainly hope that you will allow us another opportunity to provide you with a flawless experience. We will look forward to welcoming you back, should your travels bring you back our way.

Reviewed August 20, 2013

The hotel was good food is excellent.staff are very helpful and kindly room was excellent my room attended (Ramesh chinna) is very talent person when he did my room i saw him working hard and nice.he did something different for other great work thanks for house keeping.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
meppinger, Executive Assistant Manager at Movenpick Hotel & Apartments Bur Dubai, responded to this review, August 25, 2013
Dear lisa j,

Thank you so much for your review of your recent stay with us. I am delighted to read that you enjoyed your stay with us at the Mövenpick Hotel & Apartments Bur Dubai and I like to thank you also for your kind words pertaining to our service team. I will share your kind remarks with the entire team and Ramesh and they will be pleased to read of your acknowledgement of their efforts to meet and exceed our guests' expectations. We look forward to our next opportunity to serve you when your travels bring you back our way.

Fuzhou, China
Reviewed August 18, 2013

nice environment, staff are very polite and considerate. very good breakfast, excellent service,really having a great stay there.location is convenient to any scenic spot .i will still choose this hotel if i visit dubai again someday in the future.

Room Tip: any room will be ok
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Dear Jennifer_2311,

Thank you so much for visiting us again at the Mövenpick Hotel & Apartments Bur Dubai. It gives me great pleasure to read that you had an excellent and great stay with us mainly due to our guest service and the hotel amenities. Your feedback is highly valued and appreciated and we will look forward to our next opportunity to serve you when your travels bring you back to Dubai.