“More Than I Ever Dreamed”

Movenpick Hotel & Apartments Bur Dubai
Ranked #85 of 542 Hotels in Dubai
Omak, Washington
“More Than I Ever Dreamed”
Reviewed April 15, 2013

This hotel is absolutely divine. The staff is excellent and this includes housekeeping, which my person was Imtiyaz plus one other gentleman. The hotel restaurants have quality food with excellent presentation. I felt welcome and appreciated by everyone in the hotel. When the hotel advertises they are only 10 minutes from most places, it is true. The location is great for getting anywhere you want to go. With a dream hotel in the middle of a dream city, what more could a person ask for?

• Stayed April 2013, traveled solo
4 Thank lynnjoyso
meppinger, Executive Assistant Manager at Movenpick Hotel & Apartments Bur Dubai, responded to this review, May 1, 2013
Dear lynnjoyso,

Thank you for your review of your recent stay with us. I am truly delighted to read that you enjoyed all aspects of your stay and mainly our excellent guest service, the food in our restaurants and the hotel’s location. Your patronage is highly valued and appreciated. We will look forward to welcoming you and your friends back when your travels next bring you to Dubai.

Markus Eppinger

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (295)
  • Arabic first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Dubai
Reviewed April 14, 2013

Hotel's room is so comfortable, staff are so helpful, food is deliciuos and easy access for all attractive places in Dubai. Simply i just felt like Home.... one of my best vacations in Dubai.. I would recommend it for my friends..

• Stayed April 2013, traveled solo
5 Thank Mohamed D
meppinger, Executive Assistant Manager at Movenpick Hotel & Apartments Bur Dubai, responded to this review, April 15, 2013
Dear Mohamed D,

Thank you so much for taking the time to share your review of your recent stay at the Mövenpick Hotel & Apartments Bur Dubai on TripAdvisor. I am truly excited to read that you enjoyed your entire experience and that you would recommend staying with us. Thank you also for your appraisal of our service team. Your kind remarks and recognition are truly valued by the entire team and we will look forward to welcoming you back when your travels next bring you to Dubai!

Chennai (Madras), India
Reviewed April 13, 2013

The hotel is too small for a five star...small rooms, small lobby that doubles up as a lounge/café...small breakfast area, infact the bakery products are kept outside the open entrance to breakfast area, due to lack of space at the buffet tables. And the horror of it all, flies were sitting and gorging on the bakery products, while the overworked staff were scurrying about mindless !

The food was quite average and had an overdose of indian spread. The only redeeming factor was the attitude of the staff, who were quite eager to help with their best efforts. Free wifi was indeed a good thing, what with many hotels at Dubai still charging customers by the hour.

The location is good, so if you don't plan to spend too much time at the hotel , then it still could work out fine for you.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
4 Thank Manoj_V_Kumar
meppinger, Executive Assistant Manager at Movenpick Hotel & Apartments Bur Dubai, responded to this review, April 14, 2013
Dear Vividsmyle,

Thank you for your review of your recent stay with us on TripAdvisor. I am pleased to read that you found the hotel’s location convenient and the free Wi-Fi a plus. However, I am terribly disappointed to read that your experience fell below your expectations. Your concerns are forwarded and being reviewed internally by the director of the involved department.

I would like to apologize for the inconveniences and we will look forward to a second opportunity to properly serve you.

Greenville, South Carolina
Reviewed April 13, 2013 via mobile

This was my first experience at a Moevenpick (there are now three in Dubai) and it was very pleasant. My departure date was tentative and kept changing, requiring me to only book one night at a time. The staff was extremely understanding and accomodating. I found all the amenities and extras very nice, from the bed to the bathroom to the room service.

4 Thank Joshua J
Dear Joshua J,

Thank you for sharing your feedback regarding your recent stay with us on TripAdvisor. I am excited to read that you enjoyed your experience and that our service team efficiently assisted you during your stay and with your booking requirements. We are thankful for your kind comments regarding our level of service. We will look forward to serving you again when your travels next bring you to Dubai.

Reviewed April 12, 2013

I've been a guest at this particular moven pick several times now. Whenever I'm here the staff is friendly the service is amazing and the food is spectacular. There is a sports bar with delicious burgers and ice cold beer. And the lobby has a great buffet and dinner selections with endless beer or wine. I met an great employee with house keeping named Viju Nesamany who was very friendly, helpful and trustworthy. I remember countless times I left my wallet and valuables out, forgetting I did only to return and find everything there and in the same place. He would always greet me and ask if I needed anything as he came and made up the room. I mention this because I've had other experiences at other hotels that lack this kind if honesty and friendliness. I am a bit of a "slob" I guess and I always return to a spotless room. This man is a perfect example of what you should expect from the wonderful staff here at the Movenpick hotel and Apartment in Bur, Dubai.

• Stayed April 2013
4 Thank Pacific_islande
Dear Pacific_islande,

Thank you so much for visiting with us again at the Mövenpick Hotel & Apartments Bur Dubai. Your loyalty is highly valued and appreciated. I am delighted to read that you have found comfort during each and every one of your stays, and that the our team members, this time especially Viju, makes the difference for you. I will certainly share your comments with him and the entire staff as I am sure they will be pleased to learn of your appraisal of their efforts and hard work to meet our guests’ expectations. We will look forward to serving you again in the very near future.

sweden
Reviewed April 11, 2013

This is a great hotel, beautiful lobby, nice and big room, nice heated pool, great breakfast, excellent service, free wifi. We got free upgrading to executive, nice! Convenient location, not very far from metro. Free shuttle to Dubai mall and the beach, 2 times a day. The only minus is the view from the room which was not nice, to the residential building, very close.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
4 Thank LolaSweden
Dear LolaSweden,

Thank you for sharing your feedback of your recent stay with us on TripAdvisor. I am truly pleased to read that you enjoyed the upgraded room with its various amenities and many other services and facilities of the hotel like our location, the newly renovated lobby, our roof top pool and the free shuttle service to Dubai Mall and the beach. Please do contact me directly before your next stay and I will make sure that you also can enjoy the view from your room next time. We truly value your feedback and will look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Dubai, United Arab Emirates
Reviewed April 10, 2013

My stay at the Movenpick Hotel & Apartments was nothing short of great! The hotel staff are ever ready and willing to assist and the facilities are top notch. Especially worth mentioning are Nazeer, Sayed Ali and SriKanth; the three gentlemen who ensured my apartment stayed clean, stocked and inviting each day. Their attentiveness to making sure I was comfortable during my stay was nothing short of excellent. I highly recommend the Movenpick to anyone looking for a quality experience in Dubai and look forward to my next opportunity to visit.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
3 Thank 862JamesC862
Dear 862JamesC862,

Thank you so much for choosing the Mövenpick Hotel & Apartments Bur Dubai as your hotel of stay for your Dubai visit. I am truly delighted to read that you have enjoyed your stay with us and that the apartment was well serviced by our housekeeping team. I will certainly share your comment with Nazeer, Sayed Ali and Srikanth and I am sure they will be delighted to learn of your positive experience.

We are thankful for your kind comments regarding our level of service and we will look forward to serving you again when your travels next bring you to Dubai.