Movenpick Hotel & Apartments Bur Dubai
$380
Waldorf Astoria
Great 4.5/5
Hilton Dubai Jumeirah(Dubai)(Great Value!)
$299
Excellent 5/5
$449
$350
  • Beachfront
Sofitel Dubai Jumeirah Beach(Dubai)(Great Value!)
$342
$2,586
TripAdvisor
Excellent 5/5
2,528 results
All reviewslamcy plazaoud methaapartment buildingbur dubaihouse keepingexecutive floorthe main hotelindian restaurantrooftop poolbusiness trippleasant stayexcellent hotelhousekeeping staffclose to the airportexcellent stayspecial thanksmetro station
FilterAll languages
Reviewed November 14, 2012

I am a current visitor to the Movenpick and this is my first time at this Hotel. It is really a pleasure. The staff from the front door through to the apartments are so courteous, friendly and nothing is ever too much trouble.

The house cleaning that receive 2 days a week is great with all the staff attending to my apartment being very very friendly and helpful at all times. I must make special mention of WIn WIn, who goes out of her way t make my stay comfortable.

I don't know if I will be in Dubai in the future, but if I am this is my Hotel of choice.

Ms Margie Pieterse (1102)

Room Tip: Ask for a view of Dubai, if this is your first visit - it cannot be beaten..
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank Margie P
meppinger, Executive Assistant Manager at Movenpick Hotel & Apartments Bur Dubai, responded to this reviewResponded December 12, 2012

Dear Margie P,

Thank you for your review of your experience with us at the Mövenpick Hotel & Apartments Bur Dubai. We are glad reading that you have enjoyed your stay with us and especially Win Win will be pleased to learn of your nice feedback in regards to her service provided to you. We will certainly share your feedback with our Team and we are looking forward welcoming you back very soon.

Kind regards,

Reviewed November 12, 2012

Such a pleasure it was to stay at Moevenpick Hotel in Bur Dubai. Very professional and helpful staff, excellent quality/choice of breakfast. The room was reasonably spacious and equipped with all the amenities that one would expect from a five star hotel. The hotel location was also perfect for us, only 10 minutes drive to Dubai Mall/Burj Khalifa.
The best part of our stay was - FREE INTERNET in the room. Not many hotels provide this service and I really hope Moevenpick continues with this.
We would definitely stay here again if/when we visit Dubai again.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank ShailyTyagiKamboj
meppinger, Executive Assistant Manager at Movenpick Hotel & Apartments Bur Dubai, responded to this reviewResponded November 30, 2012

Dear ShailyTyagiKamboj,

Thank you for your feedback regarding your recent stay at the Mövenpick Hotel & Apartments Bur Dubai. I am delighted to learn that you find our guest rooms enjoyable and that the location of the hotel and the provided internet was to your liking. We will look forward to our next opportunity to serve you when you visit with us again, hopefully in the very near future.

Reviewed November 10, 2012 via mobile

In general there is nothing wrong with the appearance of this hotel. However, my main purpose of using a hotel is to have a good place to sleep when away from home. This was the problem, I hardly got any sleep before 3am su to the nightclub in the same premises. Apparently this goes on every Friday night. It is not a bit of background noise. The whole hotel is nearly shaking. Not acceptable in a hotel of this kind and cost.

• Stayed: November 2012
3  Thank Dwbrg

Dear Dwbrg,

Thank you for posting a review following your recent experience at our hotel.

It is with great concern to learn about the noise disturbance you have encountered during your stay and I do like to apologize for all inconveniences this have caused you. We unfortunately have a few rooms affected by the club, however, the majority of our rooms guarantee a peaceful sleep. I do hope you will return and allow us an opportunity to reverse your negative impression in the future. This being so I would love the opportunity to personally speak to you and discuss what we can do to have you visit with us again. I can be contacted at markus.eppinger@moevenpick.com.

We look forward to the opportunity to regain your faith in our ability to guarantee a pleasant stay.

Reviewed November 5, 2012

First time to Dubai so wasn't sure what to expect. My wife had chosen this hotel and I must say what a choice she made. We were in an executive room on the fourth floor with its own lounge, where there was the choice of continental breakfast in the morning and tea and coffee throughout the day and in the evening there were complimentary soft and alcoholic drinks along with a selection of hot and cold snacks.
The hotel is located in a quieter area of Dubai but all amenities are easily accessable by local taxi's, the Metro or the bus tours which really is a must to see all the sights as you hop on and hop off all day long with a boat trip thrown in as well.
The room was airy and spotlessly clean, it didn't have a bath but a shower. There was a minibar in the room which was topped up daily.
As we were half board we ate all meals in the restuarant, the food was lovely and nicely prepared and presented.
Somerset pub was good and prices weren't too overboard for a five star hotel.
Swimming pool area was clean and tidy.
The thing for us about this hotel was the staff. We have travelled near and far and have never encoutered such friendly, considerate, helpful or willing staff anywhere before, they truly are a credit to the hotel.
We are considering Dubai again for next year and will not be going anywhere else but to this hotel.

Room Tip: We were at the front of the hotel and had a great view of the fireworks from our room.
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
3  Thank 2John2

Dear 2John2,

I like to thank you for your kind and detailed review pertaining your recent stay at hotel. We are very glad to hear that you have enjoyed your time in Dubai and that your wife made the “right” choice by choosing the Mövenpick Hotel & Apartments Bur Dubai. I will certainly share your feedback with all our team members and they will be pleased to see that their hard work has been noticed.

We hope that you and your wife had a safe journey home and we look forward welcoming you back to our hotel again very soon.

Reviewed November 3, 2012

I booked this hotel because it was offering a special discount rate. I have stayed in a variety of different hotels in Dubai from basic to top end luxury and this is somewhere in the middle. The hotel itself is nice, the reception area and rooms are pleasant, comfortable and the free wifi is appreciated. We checked in after midnight and were very tired after travelling. I was vaguely aware of noise from a nightclub but didn't think anything of it at the time. However at 3am I was forced to ring reception and complain. It was still so so loud and I hadn't been able to sleep even with earplugs. The next day management were aware of the problem and we were offered complimentary food vouchers and a room change. The room was not available until later on so we went out, when we came back at about 10.30pm and checked into our room I was shocked that I could still hear the nightclub. I then went back to reception and complained again. This time we were taken to a suite where it was much quieter and much much bigger. You could still hear the club faintly but it was not enough to keep us awake. Nice as this room was I would still have preferred just to have had a good nights sleep during all the nights of my holiday and not had to move. The reception staff were all very nice and sympathetic and are an asset to the hotel. The location is good. We went one night to the pub style bar to watch the premier league, there was an odd vibe about the place and what i think were 3 working girls at the bar. I felt a bit uncomfortable there with my husband. All in all I would not stay here again although I do think the staff did all the could to make our stay enjoyable.

Room Tip: Try and be far far away from the noisy nightclub.
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Doonton
meppinger, Executive Assistant Manager at Movenpick Hotel & Apartments Bur Dubai, responded to this reviewResponded November 5, 2012

Dear Doonton,

Thank you for posting a review following your recent experience at our hotel.

We are delighted to learn that you enjoyed our service staff, the location and the free wifi; however it is with great concern to learn about the noise disturbance you have encountered during your stay and I do like to apologize for all inconveniences this have caused you. We unfortunately have a few rooms affected by the club, however, the majority of our rooms guarantee a peaceful sleep.