“Apartment for Family”

Ranked #94 of 545 Hotels in Dubai
New Delhi, India
“Apartment for Family”
Reviewed January 14, 2012

Stayed for 5 nights and booked 2 apartments in Jan statring , The size of the apartment was good however the bathrooms were non-attached which was a little surprise for us as it was not mentioned on the website . The view from the apartment lobby was good and a convenient store with friendly services was a plus . However on one morning the hot water supply was not working due to which the kids were denied bath ( this is a chill time in Dubai) and we were forced for a cold bath . Although the service was friendly but some policies of giving only 2 water bottles , 4 pouches of milk were surprising .Also we lost our baggage in our taxi and were surprised to find that the cctv cameras did not cover the drop off point .Another incident which is worth highlighting is we booked a place for the hotel shuttle and reached 5 minutes before scheduled departure and was talking to the booking guy named " Manoj " and although I told him we are waiting for the shuttle , The bus left without us ????

In spite of above problems our overall stay with them was pleasant and worthwhile experience .

• Stayed January 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank DINESH_G
meppinger, Executive Assistant Manager at Movenpick Hotel & Apartments Bur Dubai, responded to this review, May 14, 2012
Dear DINESH_G,

Many thanks for your review of your recent stay with us. I am pleased to read that you had an overall pleasant stay with us.

We are disappointed to learn about the hot water problem on one morning and the other points highlighted in your review. I assure you that these missed opportunities will not be overlooked and we will discuss this within the team and do the necessary changes.

We hope that you had a safe journey home and we look forward welcoming you back to our hotel again very soon.

Markus Eppinger

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (297)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Czech first
  • Finnish first
  • Indonesian first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Reviewed January 4, 2012

Arrived at the hotel 7am although our apartment was not due till 2pm. We asked the kind staff if we could leave our luggage there and after checking our booking the receptionist said it was ok to leave it in the side room. Came back to hotel at 11am and our apartment was ready. We needed that as we were on our way back from Kashmir (Pakistan occupied side) and were knackered (very tired). All in all fantastic service great hotel will use again definetly recommend also it's only a 10 min drive from the airport.

• Stayed November 2011
1 Thank salaam1
Dear Salaam 1,

On behalf of the entire Mövenpick Bur Dubai team we would like to thank you for your kind review on this site. We are happy that we were able to guarantee a pleasant and enjoyable stay and that you had a great time in Dubai. We will certainly share your comment with our employees and they will be pleased that their hard work has been noticed.

We look forward seeing you very soon and I hope I have the opportunity to say hello during your next stay in Dubai.

Houston
Reviewed January 4, 2012

I have traveled thru Dubai on numerous occasions and have stayed at several hotels. Yet now I will no longer stay anywhere else except the Moevenpick. My time there has been enjoyable. One gets feeling of welcomed, cleanliness and most importantly secure. Thanks for the memorable stays

Room Tip: Corner rooms are larger.
  • Stayed December 2011, traveled on business
1 Thank Celia G
Dear Celia G,

Thank you so much for your kind review about your experience with us. We are very happy that you have enjoyed your stay with us and that we have the chance in welcoming you back to our hotel whenever you travel to Dubai. We will make sure that all your future stays will be comfortable and pleasant.

We hope that you had a safe journey home and we are look forward welcoming you back to our hotel again very soon.

Bengaluru, India
Reviewed January 2, 2012

We stayed in the two Bedroom apartment, Moevenpick at Bur Dubai. We wanted to stay in Bur Dubai. But away from noise and ground zero. This hotel provided best choice. This is close to creek park ( abt 1.5 km), in a place that is not very crowded. Its. Lose to the green line metro oud mehta station ( we didnt take the metro though). Its close to airport and we took public taxi to hotel.

The apartment is just behind the hotel, has a living room + a short entrance lobby, two bedrooms, one with attached bath room, other bedroom has adjoining toilet. There is a comon toilet near the living room. Fitings looked brand new. And its clean. The beds were very comfortable. Airconditioing was good. Apartment has a kitchen , furnished with a (big) fridge, microwave and a washing m/c. The living room, two bed rooms have LCD TVs.

Provided spacious accomodatn for us. Staff at the hotel are very friendly, starting from the entrance, restaurent and room service.

There is a super market just besides the entrance that sells many food items and snacks.
We enjoyed the breakfast at the hotel on all the 5 days we stayed there. Has a good variety -including vegetarian items - though indian items are ok. But you dont have to worry. As the Saravana Bhavan, Oud Meht is a stones throw away. Comfortable walk - remember we were ethere in december and hence we coiuld walk across.
We were a family of four, including two of our daughters. The stay was very pleasant experience. Dubai mall, Dubai musuem etc are reachable on taxi .
Of course, staying in Moevenpick, one cant miss sthe ice creams that they sell. Hotel has chutneys indian restaurent and multi cusine restaurent.
Look for their nline ffs at moevenpick website and enjoy.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled with family
Dear Jawz1964,

Thank you very much for staying with us at the Mövenpick Hotel & Apartments Bur Dubai!

We will definitely share your comment with all our team members and we are happy that you and your family have enjoyed your stay with us. I also like to thank you for sharing your experience with others on this site.

We look forward in welcoming you back again in future,

Kind Regards,

Stockholm, Sweden
Reviewed December 21, 2011

My wife and I spent 2 nights (i.e. 1 ½ to be more correct) in the beginning of Dec. 2011. We arrived in the middle of the night (at approx 3:00 am) due to our late flight to DXB (Dubai International Airport).
We had booked hotel transfer, and after contacting the hotels desk in the airport's arrival area, and after about 15-20 minutes retardation (I guess they phoned the hotel and that they then sent the car to pick us up), the hotel representative escorted us out to the BMW limousine which brought us to the hotel. The journey lasted för about 15 minutes and we were charged AED 80:- (approx Euro 15:-, USD 20:-), one way, on the our hotel invoice.

Next time coming to Dubai, we will certainly take an ordinary taxi instead. It is VERY affordarble to take a taxi i Dubai, and the standard of the cars (all clean and new Toyota's) are very good. Just be sure to take one of the official taxi's, which allways are grey in their colours and with one of several colours on their roofs (yellow, red, blue, green...). It's nothing to be worried about, as the drivers allways follow the car's meter's as well. And, as I said; it is really cheap!

The check-in, in the middle of the night, at this 5-star hotel, was (off course) very efficient. When coming to our room, there were only one (1) set of bathrobe and slippers available. We phoned the reception, and it was fixed promptly....together with an adapter for charging that we asked for.

Unfortunately, I drunk one glass of tap water in the bathroom when brushing my teeth, although there were waterbottles available. My fault, of course! The hotel is not to blame! It was 3 o'clock in the middle of the night, and I wasn't really awake.
Due to this misadventure I got sick (diarrhea and vomiting) during the next days....which we spent on a 7-nights cruise onboard the RCI's "Brilliance of the Seas". Unfortunately, I was isolated for 2 days and nights in our cabin :-(
I will write a separate review on Cruise Critic from our cruise....however, just to give you a clue....I was really satisfied with the great service I was given - due to my illness - by the crew on board the "Brilliance of the Seas" :-)

The hotel itself, and the staff, are very professional, and do the utmost to meet the wishes and expectations of their customers. However, and those thoughts are my & my wife's strictly personal opinions, we found the geographical location of the hotel to be a bit off.....to everything. The exterior of the hotel didn't match the expectations we had after looking at the hotel's pictures at internet. Furthermore, we personally found the interior colors of the hotel (in the public areas) to be dull and very grey-like. (As Scandinavian's, I do believe we appreciate some more pleasant/bright/cheerful surroundings.) And finally, although the staff at the reception desk were very professional and effective, there were no smiles, no personal treatment of the customers....nobody really seemed to be really happy to deal with the customers. I.e., there seemed to be a lack of personal commitment, of joy, of charisma and aura.

As the Mövenpich Hotel Bur Dubai primarily (?) is a business hotel, that is maybe the way they want it to be. However, for us personally, we prefer a much more personal commitment.

Dubai was a very interesting destination (as were the other places in UEA and Oman which we visited during our cruise), and we will be happy to come back to this exciting area.
However, we will not stay at a Movenpick hotel, and - for certain - not in this area.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled as a couple
Dear DagFH,

Thank you very much for your detailed review on TripAdvisor.

We are disappointed to read that your stay was not up to your expectations due to different reasons and mainly because of our location. The hotel is located in the heart of Dubai and very close to main attractions like Burj Khalifa, Dubai Mall, The Fountains, Dubai International Airport, Dubai Creek and many more. With our hotel facilities and services we believe that we are the ideal hotel for business and leisure travelers. We will use your feedback and will be looking into improving the areas you have pointed out.

Once again we like to thank you for your stay and feedback and we do hope that we have the chance in welcoming you back to our hotel in future.

Kind Regards,

Riga, Latvia
Reviewed December 18, 2011

It was a perfect hotel for my purposes - very close to airport (DXB), friendly and helpful staff (answered to all my questions, helped wirh shuttle to/from hotel, advised perfectly what to do in just few hours of free time etc.) One of the very rear hotels in Dubai, where you can get quite a wide breakfest buffet offer (including pork sausages (which is not Halal)). Staff was also very helpful with my colleagues wishes (to empty minibar, to organise shuttles sharp at mentioned time, no delays (as might be expected in Eastern cultures), to make breakfast earlier (at 4 AM) than ususal...).

In few words - you can feel pampered and get almost everything just like requested. :)

• Stayed October 2011, traveled on business
meppinger, Executive Assistant Manager at Movenpick Hotel & Apartments Bur Dubai, responded to this review, February 10, 2012
Dear inomarko,

Thank you very much for your review, your rating and your time sharing your experience on TripAdvisor. We are delighted you enjoyed the overall quality of service received during your stays at the Mövenpick Hotel & Apartments Bur Dubai. I also like to thank you for your kind remarks pertaining to the friendly service of our employees and we will certainly share your acknowledgement with all of them.

I also like to thank you for noting our central location in the heart of Dubai. Only 10 minutes away from Dubai International Airport and other key locations namely Dubai Mall, Burj Khalifa, Health Care City, Gold Souk, World Trade Center, DIFC and many more.

We are once again very grateful for your valuable feedback and your friendly praise of our staff and we look forward welcoming you back to our hotel during your next Dubai trip.

Owasso
Reviewed December 13, 2011

I have been staying in hotels in and around Dubai for many years. I stayed at the Moevenpick Hotel Bur Dubai for the second time in November. I am completely impressed with the quality of the hotel and the service. The rooms are very clean and comfortable. Checking in and out of the hotel is a breeze with the professional staff at the desk. I rarely eat in the restaurants in the hotels, however, the restaurant in the Moevenpick is oustanding with a wide variety of dishes to choose from, served by a very professional staff. To find anything wrong with the Moevenpick would just mean that I am being way to critical...cause I truly cant think of anything. Thanks to Moevenpick and their staff, I had an enjoyable stay..and highly recommend them to anyone.

Room Tip: They are all good.
  • Stayed November 2011, traveled on business
2 Thank RMA P
Dear RMA P,

Thank you for choosing Mövenpick Hotel & Apartments Bur Dubai and thank you also for your kind comment and favorable rating regarding your stay with us.

We are very pleased that you were so satisfied with our hotel, the quality and our services throughout your stay. Your very complimentary comment is well appreciated and I am happy that the service you received from our team members was to your satisfaction and made for a comfortable stay. We will certainly share with everybody your positive comments!

If you find yourself returning, please ask for me personally. I would like the opportunity to meet you and ensure another successful stay at the Mövenpick Hotel & Apartments Bur Dubai

Best Regards,