“Good, but expected Better!”

Four Points by Sheraton Bur Dubai
Ranked #172 of 557 Hotels in Dubai
Reviewed December 19, 2013

Our's was a 4-nights stay at this hotel. The experience was good, nothing extraordinary though. The staff was friendly and cooperative, but would not go any extra mile. The in-room menu card had no veg/non-veg indications and consequently, we ended up ordering a non veg dish thinking it was vegetarian. When we called up the room service, they refused to change the dish and even charged us for it! Having worked for an esteemed hotel chain in India, my expectation in this situation was the hotel immediately replacing the dish with a vegetarian one. One dish is definitely not worth one (and eventually many) unhappy customer, hope my review helps the hotel understand this.

On the location bit, its convenient and well connected. Quite close to the airport, though a little far from some of the tourist destinations.

Room Tip: Go for the street view rooms...
  • Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Runul
FPSBurDubai, General Manager at Four Points by Sheraton Bur Dubai, responded to this reviewResponded December 22, 2013

Dear Runul,

Thank you for taking time to share your feedback regarding your stay.

We have noted your comments with regards to our room service menu card. I would like to inform you that at the bottom of each menu cards, you can find the indications whether a food item has seafood, nuts, healthy and also if it is a vegetarian option (with legends, S, N, H and V).

With regards to our location, we are nearby some heritage sites and museums. There are two metro stations which are within walking distance from the hotel making it more convenient for a guest to move around the city.
We would like to welcome you back in the near future and assure you of our best service at all times.

Reviewed December 12, 2013

For a hotel so close to the airport and other tourist locations, the four points hotel in bur dubai is perfect. Service is excellent, rooms a great size. Although if you have one or two kids, do ask for a king size bed, as they do not have family rooms. We managed to fit onto a king size beds with our two little ones, otherwise my husband would have slept on the sofa! Breakfast is great, buffet style, full of different styles and decent value.

There is a close corner type shop nearby selling all kinds of snacks, drinks, toothbrushes etc, and we found it to be very cheap. Taxis are plentiful on the main road, and the hotels own taxis are okay value, especially if you need a big taxi for lots of luggage.

Stayed: December 2013, traveled with family
FPSBurDubai, General Manager at Four Points by Sheraton Bur Dubai, responded to this reviewResponded December 14, 2013

Dear djdaveCheshire_Uk,

Thank you very much for taking time to share your feedback regarding your recent stay here at Four Points by Sheraton Bur Dubai.

We are glad that you find our location “perfect” and our service “excellent”. We appreciate all your compliments!

Looking forward to welcome you back on your next visit!

Reviewed December 7, 2013

I was in Dubai for a business visit and would always run short of time. The hotel infact did a lot to ensure that I do not have to go through stress while at the hotel. All small details were taken care of. The housekeeping was very attentive and would ensure that the room is cleaned well before I come back early evening, the front desk was always cheerful, and was always a pleasure to see smiling faces after a day long of stressful work.
So if you are on business and need to be well taken care of, then this is the place to be.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled on business
FPSBurDubai, General Manager at Four Points by Sheraton Bur Dubai, responded to this reviewResponded December 10, 2013

Dear NoMadOpinion,

We are genuinely delighted that we met all your expectations! It is a joy to read your feedback and great to know that all our efforts contributed to fulfill your needs and expectations during your stay we’re noticed.

We look forward to welcome you back

Reviewed December 6, 2013

This hotel was our choice for a short stay of 2 nights. It's not one of the most happening locations in Dubai for sure but is connected well with public transportation and tourist hop on hop off services. Location was ok but we weren't willing to spend too much for 2 nights as our plan was sightseeing for full 2 days.
Having said that, the hotel is pretty gud. The rooms are modern and it looks like a new property. The sleep quality is gud so is the room size. The hotel has a cafe and buffet breakfast also. The hotel staff is very helpful with all the touristy info u need to get around.
Just in case, u don't want to have breakfast at the hotel...there is a Starbucks within walking distance. Infact, just about 1-2 mins walk. There is also a super market almost next to the hotel.
There is a mall almost diagonally opposite to the hotel where there are many options to shop and also eat as there is a big food court with all possible international options too!

We took a 48 hr hop on hop off pass..and one of the bus stops on the map was just about 5 mins walk from the hotel. It was convenient to get on to the bus and see around Dubai.

The hotel is just about 15 mins from the airport. Recommend it if location(in terms of crowd & surroundings) is not what ur looking for! Neat, clean and well maintained hotel by Sheraton! :)

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled with friends

Dear Kushika,

Thank you for providing a detailed review of our hotel and leaving some pointers and tips for the other travelers. We are delighted to know that you find our staff helpful. We are always pleased to read praise of the team at Four Points By Sheraton Bur Dubai as we pride ourselves on excellent customer service where every associates enjoy going the extra mile to exceed all our guest’s expectations.

We look forward to welcome you

Reviewed December 3, 2013

I stayed in Four Points this time during my stay in Dubai instead of Royal Ascot, it was a good stay there was nothing great or nothing bad about it.

This is a ideal hotel for families and the location of hotel is also very good, the food is very delicious and most of all you get to see a decent crowd in this hotel.

Just a couple of things that needs attention and things are going to be fine.
Quality of towel and napkins need to be improved.
Spa for men's as after a tiring day it would have been gr8 to have a spa for relaxation.

Overall it was a good stay here.

Note:- This hotel does not have Disc/Pub/Indian Bar

Room Tip: Choose Executive rooms as they have a better space
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled on business
FPSBurDubai, General Manager at Four Points by Sheraton Bur Dubai, responded to this reviewResponded December 11, 2013

Dear shettymanohar,

Thank you for taking time to share your feedback regarding your stay. We appreciate your compliments and we are glad that we have met your expectations on food and location.

We have noted your comment regarding the towels, napkins and spa. We have responded directly to you on this subject as you have already filled up our internal survey.

Contrary to what you have noted, we do have a pub called The Viceroy and it is located at the mezzanine floor. Our Indian restaurant has a live entertainment.

We are glad that you’re overall stay is good and we look forward to welcome you back!

Reviewed November 30, 2013 via mobile

Property meets all expectations of a 4points. Good bathrooms - seemed to have been redone recently. The beds had plenty of pillows and was very comfortable. Don't remember much else as it was a brief layover. Overall recommendable. Small hitch at checking in as the main reception was closed for renovations and there was a temporary check-in desk in the corridor towards the lifts.

Stayed: September 2013, traveled solo
FPSBurDubai, Guest Relations Manager at Four Points by Sheraton Bur Dubai, responded to this reviewResponded December 2, 2013

Dear JonesHeinz,

We are genuinely delighted to know that we met all your expectations! It is a joy to read your feedback and great to know that all our efforts contributed to fulfill your needs and expectations during your stay we’re noticed.

We look forward to welcome you back

Reviewed November 30, 2013

After booking this hotel by accident, thinking I had booked the Four Points on Sheikh Zayed Road, I was concerned about the distance from where I needed to be for work in Downtown Dubai - however, although the journey takes around 25 minutes in a taxi, the cost is approximately £5 each way.

The check in process was straight forward, I had paid up front and also requested that my city tax and service charge was taken when the room payment was taken - this was all noted. On arrival I was provided with a drink of juice which was a nice touch after a long journey. I was also offered a discount for an upgrade but I opted only to upgrade to include breakfast at 60 AED a day (instead of 90 AED).

I was initially in room 117. This is a corner room and was therefore much bigger. The room was clean and comfortable with a fruit basket and bottled water provided on arrival. When the lady came to bring the fruit basket I simply enquired as to when the music from the Indian restaurant within the hotel would finish as it was fairly loud, I was told that it would finish at 3am. I had not made any kind of complaint but the lady was concerned and asked if it was causing a disturbance, I said I would see how I got on that night. Within 15 minutes I had a call from reception asking if I could still hear the music, it seemed just as loud but I still had the TV on at that point. I was informed that they would change my rooms for me the following day and asked that I packed my suitcase and they would move it for me whilst I was out. Once I turned the TV off, I did struggle with the noise levels so wore my Ipod headphones as a temporary solution so I could get some sleep. I was moved to a room on the 4th floor the next day (as a reminder, I had not complained so was very grateful to be moved with no fuss). From here, I could not hear anything except one night when the guests in the next room were loud and coming in and out the room until 3 am talking loudly in the corridor. Other than the noise on day 1 from the restaurant and day 3 from the other guests, I slept very well.

The bathroom was a good size with a great shower and large bath. There was a hairdryer plus a power point which was useful for using my hair straighteners (UK plugs can be used with no adaptors).

There was a great selection at breakfast and a station where fresh pancakes, omelettes and waffles etc were made. I had room service on a couple of nights which was of good quality, fairly reasonable in price and generous potions.

If you get a taxi, make sure to get a taxi and not a hotel car as the hotel cars are almost twice the price (I was not aware of this which was a little frustrating although I should have checked before accepting the hotel car). The concierge will happily flag a taxi for you and taxis are readily available - I never had to wait.

On one evening I went for a look around the mezzanine floor which is where the restaurants are located. There was a man selling handmade jewellery which I was directed by a member of hotel staff to look at. The jewellery was nice but of course there were no price labels, I picked a few bangles and a bracelet and was informed this was around 250 AED (including various discounts) - this was much more expensive than I had expected so I put one or two things back, really I should have left without purchasing any but felt a little embarrassed. Again, I should have made enquiries about price to start with but will make sure not to make the same mistake in the future.

In summary, the staff are excellent, the rooms are comfortable and of a good size. The hotel would benefit from improved soundproofing and also transparency in pricing (the two costly incidents of accepting a hotel car instead of a taxi and purchasing the bracelets did leave me feeling a little disappointed but I will learn to make sure in the future to ask and not assume when it comes to pricing!).

Room Tip: Corner rooms are bigger If a light sleeper, request a room away from the Indian restaurant.
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled solo
FPSBurDubai, General Manager at Four Points by Sheraton Bur Dubai, responded to this reviewResponded December 2, 2013

Dear emmajade,

We really appreciate your detailed review about your stay in our hotel. We are very pleased to know that you find our staff excellent, our room comfortable and really enjoyed the dining experience.

I have shared your wonderful comments with my team which they truly appreciated and we all look forward to welcoming you back!