“Excellent business hotel”

Ranked #151 of 540 Hotels in Dubai
Oakland, California
“Excellent business hotel”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 27, 2013

This is as perfect a business hotel as you can find in Dubai. If you are on business in and around Bank Street, I would seriously recommend this Starwood property. For one, it is bang in the middle of a busy business district. So all the eating joints are close by. THe sound insulation is good, the daytime traffic does not invade your senses and after ten pm, the whole area is rather very quiet. That's the reason I avoid the creek facing hotels.

Two, perhaps you know that Dubai traffic is a mess. The metro has come up surprisingly well. So if you need to haul yourself for a quick dekko on the Mall of the Emirates or Marina Mall, you just have to hop into a metro line. The red line is accessible from Bur Juman station, 150 mts to the left and the green line is 70 mts to the right. Aha moment.

Three, the staff is very efficient and totally non-intrusive. Since travelling is a big part of my KRAs, I have come to believe in total privacy from prying hotel staff: you know the doorman who always wants to know where you are going before he hails you a cab or the staff on the elevator who wants to know "Did you sleep well?"

Which reminds me, it is a Starwood property, so the sleep quality is always excellent. The choice on television is a bit of a joke, but I will let that pass. The only regret I have is that this hotel has dispensed with the single cup coffee makers, and now has a standard issue water kettle. Decades in tech have converted me into a coffee snoot. I hate Nescafe. The other regret is the rapidly deteriorating quality of bath towels. The ones in my room had probably seen action in WW-I. That old, I joke you not.

Some of you know that I work for a large tech company, evangelising cloud migration. My meeting was on Bank Street, and I made a hash of it, beginning with the great choice of walking down to this bank about 100 mts away. Morning temperature was a good 38 deg cel (Texas cool climes?) and I was all sweaty as I walked into the lobby. Wasted ten minutes in the lobby hoping the beads of sweat would disappear. Slim luck. Worse, my glasses now had the sweat residue all over. Panic stations. I run to the washroom to clear my glasses and get this salty feeling off my face. Bad luck Brian is a co-traveller: I splash water from the sink. Lands directly on my crotch. Was wearing an ash coloured trouser. Awesome cubism-inspired stain, now I look as if i have no control on my bladder. Panic stations; def con 5 engaged. My team guy calls in panic, "Hey man, where are you?" He is a German and always hates my sloppy ways.

Now imagine.

Me saving face by locking myself into a washroom stall, and talking to this German, very slowly, spelling out every syllable ( I am an Indian with a penchant for talking very fast). "I am in the washroom because I have wet my trousers." Imagine the rest of it, specially when people are coming in and going out frequently. facepalm.jpg.

Anyway, the embarrassment is so humungous that I finish the meeting as quickly as possible. Go back to the hotel, don't want to see anyone. Now you see why I put a huge premium of non-intrusive staff. Temperature outside is now 40 deg, and all hopes of getting a proper, authentic Arabic lunch evaporate. So I haul myself into the British-style pub on the mezzanine floor. But that is another report, isn't it?

Room Tip: Charm your way to a room on the 5th floor. The rooms are better appointed, and a shade quiet-er.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
2 Thank PennilessinNepal
FPSBurDubai, General Manager at Four Points by Sheraton Bur Dubai, responded to this review, September 30, 2013
Dear PennilessinNepal,

Thank you for this extensive and thorough review of our hotel and your experience in Dubai. We are delighted to know that you have labeled us as “perfect business hotel”

We have noted your concerns about the quality of bath towels. I have already discussed your concern with the department head and we are also in the process of taking an action to address this issue.

Looking forward to welcome you back!

Four Points by Sheraton Bur Dubai

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (171)
  • Arabic first
  • Czech first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Sydney, New South Wales, Australia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 22, 2013

The hotel is very close to the airport which was really handy as we landed in Dubai at 3 am in the morning. We were efficiently booked in and into bed in no time. As we are travelling with a 16 year old we had an extra bed in the room so it always ends up a bit squashed in all hotels because of this and 3 big suitcases. The room was comfortable and clean. The bathroom was a reasonable size and clean. Our breakfast was included and had a wide variety. We ate at the Indian restaurant one night and the food was nice.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
FPSBurDubai, General Manager at Four Points by Sheraton Bur Dubai, responded to this review, September 24, 2013
Dear Lesley J,

Thank you for taking time to post your review here in Tripadvisor.

We are pleased to know that our facilities and restaurants were up to your expectations. I do hope that we will be able to welcome you back to our hotel again soon.

Wolverhampton, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 20, 2013 via mobile

For a downtown hotel, its small and only just laid out with enough room but good, we got a free upgrade as an SPG and our room was lovely, pool was good but a bit hard to find as was the viceroy pub, location on Trip advisor is wrong as I informed them weeks ago but no action, good location by the metro stops and not far from airport, if only dubai wasnt so hot the streets and crossings wouldnt make a downtown location difficult, will do a beach side hotel next time if only because of the heat

1 Thank AJWheels
FPSBurDubai, General Manager at Four Points by Sheraton Bur Dubai, responded to this review, September 29, 2013
Dear AJWheels,

Thank you very much for your review of our hotel on TripAdvisor. We appreciate your assistance on informing Tripadvisor about Viceroy’s wrong location. I have checked the page and it has already been corrected.

We do hope that we will have the opportunity to welcome you back to our hotel soon and if there is anything we can assist you with, please do let us know – it would be a pleasure to be of service!

Mumbai
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 14, 2013

Could have been better but not a bad option. Enjoyed our stay, and found the staff very friendly and helpful. No much veg options... best part is that it is in center for bur dubai..niecly connected with Dubai metro

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank MihirMuni
FPSBurDubai, General Manager at Four Points by Sheraton Bur Dubai, responded to this review, September 15, 2013
Dear MihirMuni,

Thank you for taking time to post your review and for your lovely comments about my colleagues.

We have noted your concern about the food selection. Our Food & Beverage and kitchen team are in fact finalizing our new menus in our restaurants and it will be on offer in the next few days.

We hope to welcome you back in the near future.

Adelaide, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 12, 2013

From the moment we deplaned the taxi we knew we were in for a treat. The concierge was helpful and extremely polite. How often in your travels do you get the chance to actually feel weightless (free of stress) because of the service provided at a hotel's front desk. Well that is how this traveller felt whilst talking to the duty manager (Rahul). Rahul managed our reception like a well oiled machine. A free room upgrade was thrown in as a good measure. Magnificent! During our two day stay nothing was a bother to this hotel's staff. Location - fabulous. Room - wonderful and cosy. Food - great. Hotel cleanliness - great. Ramadan during our stay - not so great. I will not waffle further. This hotel has it all. My wife and I will definitely be going back on our next foray to Dubai. Love it!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

2 Thank ExRAAFie
Dear ExRAAFie,

Your fantastic review of our hotel is very uplifting. I will share this to my colleagues in concierge, especially to our duty manager (Rahul)

Here at Four Points by Sheraton Bur Dubai, it is our aim to provide you with a comfortable stay, always!

We can’t wait to welcome you back!

Auckland Region, New Zealand
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 12, 2013

We stayed there three nights. We really enjoyed our stay, and found the staff very friendly and helpful. The room was spacious, well appointed and very clean. We rarely use the swimming pool in a hotel, but we did while we were here and found the area around the pool very pleasant, although the surrounds were very hot on the feet. Overall we enjoyed our swim. We at in the restaurant for three breakfasts, one lunch and one dinner and enjoyed the overall experience. If we returned to Dubai we would almost certainly stay in this hotel.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

1 Thank 840Graeme47
Dear 840Graeme47,

We appreciate your feedback here in Tripadvisor. We are glad to know that our staff and facility met your expectations.

On your next visit, please feel free to contact us again for reservation.

New Delhi, India
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 10, 2013

Very well connected by Metro and Bus, the hotel is situated near Bank street which is also a commercial hub for offices and banks in Bur Dubai area. The rooms are spacious, richly designed and clean. The restaurant menu should have more options for Vegetarian food though. Nice experience overall, its advisable to book the rooms online in advance to avail good discounts.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
FPSBurDubai, General Manager at Four Points by Sheraton Bur Dubai, responded to this review, September 12, 2013
Dear vaibhav g,

We appreciate your feedback regarding your recent stay and have noted your request concerning the adding more vegetarian food in our menu.

We hope you'll choose Four Points by Sheraton Bur Dubai the next time you're in Dubai so you can try our new menu. We're always keen to pay attention to what you liked and how we can get better.