This is as perfect a business hotel as you can find in Dubai. If you are on business in and around Bank Street, I would seriously recommend this Starwood property. For one, it is bang in the middle of a busy business district. So all the eating joints are close by. THe sound insulation is good, the daytime traffic does not invade your senses and after ten pm, the whole area is rather very quiet. That's the reason I avoid the creek facing hotels.
Two, perhaps you know that Dubai traffic is a mess. The metro has come up surprisingly well. So if you need to haul yourself for a quick dekko on the Mall of the Emirates or Marina Mall, you just have to hop into a metro line. The red line is accessible from Bur Juman station, 150 mts to the left and the green line is 70 mts to the right. Aha moment.
Three, the staff is very efficient and totally non-intrusive. Since travelling is a big part of my KRAs, I have come to believe in total privacy from prying hotel staff: you know the doorman who always wants to know where you are going before he hails you a cab or the staff on the elevator who wants to know "Did you sleep well?"
Which reminds me, it is a Starwood property, so the sleep quality is always excellent. The choice on television is a bit of a joke, but I will let that pass. The only regret I have is that this hotel has dispensed with the single cup coffee makers, and now has a standard issue water kettle. Decades in tech have converted me into a coffee snoot. I hate Nescafe. The other regret is the rapidly deteriorating quality of bath towels. The ones in my room had probably seen action in WW-I. That old, I joke you not.
Some of you know that I work for a large tech company, evangelising cloud migration. My meeting was on Bank Street, and I made a hash of it, beginning with the great choice of walking down to this bank about 100 mts away. Morning temperature was a good 38 deg cel (Texas cool climes?) and I was all sweaty as I walked into the lobby. Wasted ten minutes in the lobby hoping the beads of sweat would disappear. Slim luck. Worse, my glasses now had the sweat residue all over. Panic stations. I run to the washroom to clear my glasses and get this salty feeling off my face. Bad luck Brian is a co-traveller: I splash water from the sink. Lands directly on my crotch. Was wearing an ash coloured trouser. Awesome cubism-inspired stain, now I look as if i have no control on my bladder. Panic stations; def con 5 engaged. My team guy calls in panic, "Hey man, where are you?" He is a German and always hates my sloppy ways.
Me saving face by locking myself into a washroom stall, and talking to this German, very slowly, spelling out every syllable ( I am an Indian with a penchant for talking very fast). "I am in the washroom because I have wet my trousers." Imagine the rest of it, specially when people are coming in and going out frequently. facepalm.jpg.
Anyway, the embarrassment is so humungous that I finish the meeting as quickly as possible. Go back to the hotel, don't want to see anyone. Now you see why I put a huge premium of non-intrusive staff. Temperature outside is now 40 deg, and all hopes of getting a proper, authentic Arabic lunch evaporate. So I haul myself into the British-style pub on the mezzanine floor. But that is another report, isn't it?
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A four star property located on the well known "Bank Street" in Bur Dubai. The hotel features 125 guest rooms and suites with 3 restaurants including a pub. It is only a few minutes walk from major shopping centers, the old souks, Meena Bazaar, Dubai Museum and Khalid Bin Waleed Metro Station. Free bus shuttle to beach & major shopping malls is available. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Priceline, Orbitz, Hotwire, Travelocity, Agoda, Hotels.com, Cheap Tickets, TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Four Points by Sheraton Bur Dubai reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Four Points By Sheraton Bur Dubai Hotel Dubai
- 4 Points By Sheraton Bur Dubai
- Four Points Bur Dubai
- Four Points Dubai
- Sheraton Dubai
- Four Points Sheraton Dubai
- Dubai Sheraton
- Dubai Four Points