“Good Hotel Excellent Staff”

Sheraton Dubai Creek Hotel & Towers
Ranked #47 of 546 Hotels in Dubai
Mumbai (Bombay), India
“Good Hotel Excellent Staff”
Reviewed June 27, 2012

I frequently travel for business or holiday with close friends.
This one was different as I was traveling with family after a year, which included my parents, sister, and her two little kids.

My first choice of hotel was the ones near Jumera beach but didn't manage get them due to availability.
After reading a few reviews I booked this hotel but was a bit nervous about my selection.

We Stayed 8 nights from 31st May to 8th June 2012 in Club Rooms. The hotel experience was excellent.

Firstly with regards to the service the Hotel staff is doing an outstanding job a 10 on 10, be it the managers, front desk, pool, restaurant, bellboy or the doorman they are all are extremely welcoming, helpful and well trained.

Looks wise The Hotel is very well maintained; the architecture is grand but a bit backdated as is about 30 years old.
The rooms are big, clean, well done up & attended. The bathrooms are average in size but have all amenities.
Pool is midsize but looks good.
The beverages & snacks at the Club lounge were much enjoyed by my two nephews.
The Hotel is centrally located is quite popular the address is known by all taxi drivers.

Overall this was a good 5 star experience with genuinely welcoming and friendly staff, usually I don’t bother to write reviews but had to thank and encourage the entire staff for Keeping up the good work. My family enjoyed the stay and will surly stay at this hotel again.

Room Tip: Club Room on the Higher Floor as they have a better View, Charge Included: Airport Transfers, Brea...
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
, Marketing Executive at Sheraton Dubai Creek Hotel & Towers, responded to this review, June 28, 2012
A good story is better shared!

Dear MansoorBhabha,

Thank you for recently staying at Sheraton Dubai Creek Hotel & Towers and taking the time to leave a detailed review on Tripadvisor. We are extremely proud that even though you don’t usually leave reviews you decided to for us.

It’s great to hear that you and your family had an enjoyable time especially since it was a special holiday as you had not been on holiday together for a year. Thank you so much for your warm compliments about all of our team members, rooms, facilities and location. We will most definitely pass them on to our team and I’m sure that they will all be very happy that we were able to make your trip special and memorable.

Thank you for your review once again and please keep an eye on our Sheraton Dubai Creek Hotel & Towers Facebook page so that you can be kept informed of all the new happenings around the hotel from deals, reviews as well as upcoming events just to name a few.

MansoorBhabha, have you already planned your next stay? Our team at Sheraton Dubai Creek Hotel & Towers would be delighted to welcome you back soon. Therefore kindly contact the hotel directly or book online via our website.

The Hotel Management

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (607)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Brisbane, Australia
Reviewed June 25, 2012

I stayed in this hotel for 3 nights on my way home from a month long trip to Europe and UK. Refreshing to stay in a legitimate 5 star hotel. I was upgraded to a Kingsize room that was very spacious. Bed was very comfortable. Staff were very friendly and helpful at all times.

The room service food was exceptional, restaurant quality. Drinks were expensive, particularly wine, so I would advise you get this duty free if you are a wine drinker.

The highlight of my trip was the massage I had in the health centre. It was fantastic, so relaxing and one of the best massages I have had in my life.

Taxi's in dubai are relatively inexpensive and a good way to get around if you want to go to some key attractions or shopping centres. The porters are very helpful and friendly and made sure the driver new were he was taking me.

Overall this hotel was the perfect place to end my holiday, stress free, nice comfortable bed and friendly staff. Highly recommend for extended stop over.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled solo
1 Thank taf14
, Marketing Executive at Sheraton Dubai Creek Hotel & Towers, responded to this review, June 26, 2012
Dear taf14,

Warm greetings from sunny Dubai. Thank you for recently choosing to stay at Sheraton Dubai Creek Hotel & Towers. It’s great to see that you took the time to write a detailed review of your experience therefore giving future travelers a hint of what to expect in Dubai and in our hotel.

It’s fantastic to read that you had an enjoyable stay. We are pleased that our Sheraton Sweet Sleeper Bed, staff and room service all exceeded your expectations. Your compliments will definitely be passed along to our team members. They will no doubt be very proud. In addition it’s great that you visited Sheraton Fitness by Core Performance to experience one of our massages.

Thank you for also highlighting how accessible transportation is from hotel taxi’s, regular taxi’s, buses and even the metro which is only a 10 minute walk from us. I’m delighted to hear that all of our team members from our porters, room service team and all other staff were friendly and helpful at all times.

Once again thank you for your review, we are extremely happy that we could make your stay a comfortable and special one and we look forward to welcoming you back in the near future. In the meantime however please keep an eye on our Sheraton Dubai Creek Hotel & Towers Facebook page so that you can be kept informed of all the new happenings around the hotel from deals, reviews as well as upcoming events just to name a few.

Sydney, Australia
Reviewed June 21, 2012

It was just like a Sheraton elsewhere in the world - clean quite comfortable and very obliging. Only caution is 'watch out for the internet' at 90 Dir (US $ 24) for 24 hrs you could buy a lot of coffee in a cafe or Starbucks, or wait until you get to an airport lounge.

Location is not great as there is no where to walk to for a snack, but it is not so far from the airport either. It really comes to a case of 'you get what you pay for' and in my humble opinion it was good value, even if it was not the ideal base for a prolonged tourist stay.

Room Tip: City view rooms are OK - but of course pay more and you get views over Dubai creek (we would call it...
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
, Marketing Executive at Sheraton Dubai Creek Hotel & Towers, responded to this review, June 23, 2012
Your stay at the Sheraton Dubai Creek Hotel & Towers!

Dear sbadert,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review on Sheraton Dubai Creek Hotel & Towers. We really appreciate it.

We are happy to know that you had a comfortable stay with us and that our team members were very obliging to all your needs. However we are saddened to hear that the location did not meet your expectations. We do realize that we are situated in the older area of Dubai however we are lucky to have many transportation opportunities such as hotel taxis, regular taxis and buses. Not to forget how extremely close we are to the Union Metro station where prices start at only AED 2 (54 cents). These transportation methods allow quick access into many sightseeing locations which are not in our direct vicinity.

Thank you for you review once again and please keep an eye on our Sheraton Dubai Creek Hotel & Towers Facebook page so that you can be kept informed of all the new happenings around the hotel from deals, reviews as well as upcoming events just to name a few.

sbadert, have you already planned your next stay? We would be delighted to welcome you back soon. Therefore kindly contact the hotel directly or book online via our website.

Barcelona, Spain
Reviewed June 20, 2012

I stayed in this hotel for 3 nights. I can say it is up to Sheraton standard but with some negative points that annoyed me:
My room was clean and spacious and any room service was answered and received timely. However, the next room was under renovation and I had to swallow all the hammering noise in the evening and some dirty corridor floor.
As I just used the room for sleep the above was still acceptable. However, at my departure I reported the situation to duty manager which apologized for the inconvenience.
Another annoying issue is the internet fee. You have super hotel with expensive night rate and they still ask you to pay for the internet…is this logical??
Anyway, as mentioned apart of these 2 points I still recommend this hotel for the nice location, great service and sleep quality.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled on business
Your stay at the Sheraton Dubai Creek Hotel & Towers!

Dear Nabilios,

Warm greetings from sunny Dubai. Thank you for choosing to stay at the Sheraton Dubai Creek Hotel & Towers. We appreciate you taking the time to write a review on our hotel.

It gives us great pleasure to hear that our location, service and rooms met your expectations. In addition thank you for recognizing how attentive our room service team members were to your needs. Your compliments will definitely be passed on to our team.

We strive to provide a special and comfortable stay to all of our guests and therefore we are extremely disappointed to hear that you were not able to experience this. Our management team tried every avenue to prevent our guests from being affected from the renovation. Once again we apologize that you were inconvenienced by this during your stay.

Even though this was not the most comforting stay with us, we would like to welcome you back in the near future. For any reservation assistance please contact the hotel directly or via our website.

Also keep an eye on our Sheraton Dubai Creek Hotel & Towers Facebook page so that you can be kept informed of all the new happenings around the hotel from deals, reviews as well as upcoming events just to name a few.

Athens, Greece
Reviewed June 19, 2012

amazing breakfast & dinner
wouldn't count on the pool

• Stayed September 2011, traveled with friends
Rachael L, Marketing Executive at Sheraton Dubai Creek Hotel & Towers, responded to this review, June 20, 2012
A good story is better shared!

Dear Multim2,

Thank you very much for staying at the Sheraton Dubai Creek Hotel & Towers and taking the time to write a review.

We are glad to read that you enjoyed your stay, particularly the breakfast and dinner. Your warm compliments will definitely be passed on to our team members.

Multim2, have you already planned your next stay? We would be delighted to welcome you back soon. Therefore kindly contact the hotel directly or book online via our website.

Life is better when shared

Dubai, United Arab Emirates
Reviewed June 18, 2012

Stayed for a weekend whilst visiting friends in Dubai. This is one of the "older" hotels (a relative term in Dubai were old means anything over about 10 years when it comes to hotels) in town so I was a bit dubious as to what to expect.

Check-in was good. I was offered the opportunity to upgrade to a club room for about $100 a night but that was about the basic rate I'd got with Expedia for the room. $100/night was my budget not $200. Nonetheless I was upgraded to a club room with a Creek view albeit I didn't have access to the club lounge.

The room was a very good size with a seating area, sleeping area and desk area. Big windows with views right down the Creek and over Bur Dubai to Burj Khalifa. The decor was a bit old fashioned but fine.

I didn't eat in the hotel but it was easy to get taxis outside and outside summer the metro station isn't too far. You can also walk along the Creek to the public ferry and abras. The gold souks are also within about 15-20 minutes walk - walkable in winter but not summer.

Used the gym (small but quiet) and pool area on the second day. Tried to order lunch by the pool which took ages due to the lack of staff. There was also nobody collecting used towels so it was very difficult to work out which loungers were available. The pool area is fairly pleasant but the pool was a little dirty with leaves etc. Not what I'd expect from a 5* Sheraton.

Check-out was a total disaster. Accepted I was trying to check-out at 11.50am so 10 minutes before the latest check-out but the staff were extremely slow. They did the annoying practice of calling housekeeping to check the room/mini bar before finalising the bill. As that was taking 10-15 minutes a massive tailback was growing. Can't the Sheraton rely on guests' honesty and failing that they have credit card details to fail back on. Very very annoying to have to wait 20 minute to check out which made me late for an appointment. Sheraton - you need to sort this out PDQ!

• Stayed June 2012, traveled solo
2 Thank SergeiDXB
Dear SergeiDXB,

Warm greetings from sunny Dubai! Thank you for choosing to stay at Sheraton Dubai Creek Hotel & Towers and leaving a very detailed review.

We are glad that you enjoyed your stay and we appreciate you going into so much detail about the local area such as the Gold Souk, Dubai Creek as well as how accessible transportation is. Other travelers will definitely be able to benefit from this information. It is unfortunate that you did not get the opportunity to eat at one of our restaurants as we have a wide selection from Italian, to British Pub Food, Indian and even Japanese/Asian.

On the other hand we are sorry to hear that you had a bad experience around the pool and whilst checking-out. These comments will definitely be passed on to the correct department heads. However thank you for your feedback as it is comments such as yours which allows us to see how we can improve our services and as a result provide a more comfortable and memorable stay for our guests.

SergeiDXB, the Sheraton Dubai Creek Hotel & Towers would be delighted to welcome you back soon and you can see first hand that your comments have been acted upon. Therefore kindly contact the hotel directly or book online via our website.

Life is better when shared!

Irvine, United Kingdom
Reviewed June 13, 2012

My husband and i stayed at the Sheraton on the 1st June for 7 days and from the minute we stepped into the hotel the staff could not be any nicer. We advised that it was our Wedding Anniversary and the next day we were surprised to find a lovely chocolate cake with congratulations in our room This made our holiday even more special. We had a creek view room looking over the creek which was wonderful. I would recommend to up grade to a creek view room. Our room was cleaned every morning and afternoon and all staff were very helpful, friendly and would do anything for you. The swimming pool was lovely and peaceful but i would advise the tiles can be a bit sloppy when coming out the pool so beware. We also had breakfast every morning in the lobby cafe where a lovely young gentleman called Honey would serve us every morning with a lovely smile. He could not do enough for us. We also had dinner in the Indian restaurant which i would highly recommend. I would also advise that the metro (train) is not far from the hotel which we used nearly every day. 15 dirrahams (£3) would get you on and off the metro all day which is worth it.

All in all i will definitely stay at the Sheraton the next time i'm in Dubai and would highly recommend it. I can't wait to return.

Room Tip: Upgrade to a creek view room they are amazing.
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank gail s
Rachael L, Marketing Executive at Sheraton Dubai Creek Hotel & Towers, responded to this review, June 14, 2012
Dear Gail S,

Thank you for taking the time to post your reviews on Tripadvisor, we are grateful. In addition we are glad that our staff, location and services over exceeded your expectations as well as our restaurants such as Lobby Café and our award winning Indian restaurant, Ashiana. We are pleased that we made your wedding anniversary special.

Should your travel plans bring you back to Dubai in the future, please do not hesitate to contact us for a reservation, we would be happy to assist you and welcome you back to Sheraton Dubai Creek Hotel & Towers.

The Management