“Good for a short stay”

Millennium Airport Hotel Dubai
Ranked #190 of 554 Hotels in Dubai
Reviewed March 6, 2014

After being told that our Emirates flight was over-booked we were put in this hotel for an extra night in Dubai with all costs being dealt with by Emirates.

The room we were given had two single beds (larger than average) and a extra bed was provided as there was 3 of us. The room was very clean but slightly dated. The majority of staff were extremely polite and very helpful. All requests were dealt with within 5 minutes. Although the bedroom and bathroom was large, a downside to the bathroom is that it has low quality toiletries, no where to hang clothes or a towel and generally uncomfortable to use.

The restaurant buffet had a variety of international food which was very well cooked and presented. It tasted delicious, compliments to the chef.

The hotel was located very near to the airport and surprisingly less than 10 minutes drive to the Dubai mall (costing approximately 22 AED) which was a huge plus. We used the hotel taxi's twice during our 24 hour stay and they were reasonably priced, we did however agree the price beforehand which is recommended as these taxi's do not have meters.

I would recommend staying in this hotel for a short stay (1-2 days) but not a longer holiday. Overall we did enjoy our experience at the Millennium airport hotel

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank Hassan Q
Glenn N, Hotel Manager at Millennium Airport Hotel Dubai, responded to this reviewResponded March 22, 2014

Dear Hassan Q,
Thank you for taking the time to submit a review.
In reading your review, I believe it may actually be for our sister hotel within the same complex - the Copthorne Airport Hotel, as it is the main hotel used by Emirates to accommodate passengers on stopover or with a missed connection.
The guests in the Copthorne also have access to the Food and Beverage outlets on The Terrace of the Millennium Airport Hotel, in addition to the pool and pool bar.

Nonetheless, thank you for your review, I am glad you enjoyed your stay with us.

Safe travels,

There are newer reviews for Millennium Airport Hotel Dubai

Reviewed March 3, 2014

Wife and I have just stayed here twice to bookend our holiday elsewhere. We stayed in the new wing.

Positives: email communication; availability/choice of room and free early access to the room by my wife pending my arrival was dealt with very well; the pool area is nice; there was always something going on in the evening for the nights we were there which brought in non-patrons; room and bathroom were of a good size, and pool-view room helped; 5 minute walk to the metro (red line) and excellent seafood at the brunch

Negatives: what is Millennium's insistence on having to pay for internet - not just Wi-Fi but also to use the business centre? if you need to print out your boarding pass you will have no option but to pay for it; I know it's not a huge sum (roughly £5 for half an hour) but neither is it insignificant and in this case, with so many other properties available in Dubai, it is very much a matter of principle; the minibar is locked, so no keeping cool your own drinks; no apparent concierge service

You may therefore be wondering why only give a 2-3 star rating if that is all there is to moan about, but in this day and age access to the internet has to be a given, the climate necessitates cool drinks for health reasons and there is something else that I just cannot quite put my finger on - which I know is not fair to the hotel, but that is my gut instinct. If my wife had her way this would have been a 1-2 star review.

I am sure there are places for which the best part of £120 Room Only is good value because of what is thrown in, but not here

Would I stay here again as a private individual paying for this out of my own pocket? No

Room Tip: pool room in new wing, floor 3 and higher
  • Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple

Dear Shiny653,

Thank you for taking the time to register a review on our property.

You have an interesting point on the wi-fi/internet charges (we do also offer rates that are inclusive of internet), something that we will review again on property. For the minibar, although it is locked, we would be more than happy to unlock it and remove the items so you can store your own, I apologise that this was not suggested to you on arrival.

Thank you once again for your review, safe travels!

Reviewed February 23, 2014

Was placed in this hotel by Emirates due to problem with connecting flights. Was travelling business class so expected a high standard and was hugely disappointed. Reception man was extremely unhelpful. No wifi unless paid for, hotel rooms tired and dated. Best bit was being able to check out and sit at airport instead!

Stayed: February 2014, traveled on business
4  Thank Cc99990

Dear Cc99990,

I am very sorry to read about your disappointment with your stay with us and I apologise for this shortfall in service.
I would be more than happy if you were to contact me directly (glenn.nobbs@millenniumhotels.com) should you be travelling via Dubai again, as I assure you the experience you had is not reflective of our normal levels of service.

Travel Well,

Reviewed February 21, 2014

It was a good experience. Except the fact that the minibar is LOCKED and having to pay a deposit to unlock sounds ridiculous with the given reasoning by staff that there is lack of communication between reception and room services!! Despite informing reception at the time of check-in that we would be having a late check out by 2 only.At 12 sharp we have a knock on door to check our minibar. We had to ask them to leave cos we haven't checkedout as yet!!! To add to our not so pleasant experience, we get a call from reception desk on what time we check out! Third was we weren't provided basic dental KIT!!!! we had to call room service to get it(never in our experience of hotels, we had to order that)The lack of communication within their own departments dint complete our good experience. Rest the rooms cleanliness, room services were good. Very good rating is given considering the prices offered for this 4 star hotel it was a good deal.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple

Dear gautam10jakarta,
Thank you for taking the time to provide a review, and I apologise for the shortfall in service you received.
These points have been addressed with my team to ensure the flow of communication within the Hotel is improved and resulting in a more enjoyable guest experience.
The minibar (similar with telephone access and ability to charge to your room), will be unlocked when a deposit or credit card is left at reception on check in.

My apologies once again.

Reviewed February 18, 2014 via mobile

Overall the experience was fine, everything is super expensive. The beds are the worst, they're like lying down on a rock. Rooms were very clean & staff was very friendly. You have to goto the information desk at the airport exit & ask them for the hotel shuttle service. Dont buy sarafi tickets from lobby, its way over priced & not too good. Do u r research u will find a better deal with better quality safari.

Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple

Dear Szak5,

Thank you for your review, I appreciate your candid feedback.
I will have a look into the pricing of the tours via the tour desk (a 3rd party), as well as follow up on the comment of the bedding quality.

Thank you once again, Travel Well!

Reviewed February 17, 2014

After reading many negative reviews i was little scared as i have already made the reservations but to my surprise my 4 day stay was excellent. i did not had any issues with anything except the insane price to use internet . Hotels should have free internet period. When a guest pays so much to stay in the hotel internet should be last thing Hotels should worry about. Beside the internet the Hotel is fantastic . I will be back

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Glenn N, Hotel Manager at Millennium Airport Hotel Dubai, responded to this reviewResponded February 19, 2014

Dear Talal W,

Thank you for taking the time to submit a review, and I am excited to read that you enjoyed the Hotel.

Usually, when booking on line, only "room only" rates are advertised, however we have rates on our hotel website that are inclusive of internet, in addition we offer a special package on arrival to include breakfast and internet, which may be a better option, I'm sorry this may not have been suggested to you.

Thank you again for the review, and also for choosing to stay with us in Dubai, I do hope we will have the opportunity to have you stay with us again in future.

Travel well,

Reviewed February 16, 2014

I recently stayed at the millennium airport hotel in Dubai and would rate the overall experience average. Check-in was OK. Rooms are clean, but somewhat dated.
The restaurants were OK, not great. I went to the Mexican place and had a burrito, wasn't as good as the once I can get at home (California). Internet worked well and was included in my rate. The mattress was really hard, good enough to sleep, but not that comfortable. Service was good, offered to bring up breakfast because of my early departure. Breakfast buffet was good, typical Dubai with hot food, fresh juices, etc. The shuttle service was well organized, took about 25 minutes to terminal 3 at 6:45 AM due to traffic.
Overall the hotel is good enough for a one night airport stay, but I suspect for that price you can get a better hotel. My mistake was to search for hotels that had "airport" in their advertised name, apparently there are many more with airport shuttle service to chose from.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled solo

Dear TravellerFromSanJose,

Thank you for choosing to stay with us at the Millennium Airport Hotel, Dubai, and also for taking the time to place a review.
I'm pleased to read that overall you were content with your stay, and I also appreciate the points you have raised where we can improve, something I am working on with our team. If you could also please contact me at glenn.nobbs@millenniumhotels.com, so I can obtain more information regarding your room, and also be able to ensure your next visit is much more memorable.

Thank you once again & I look forward to hearing from you.

Kind regards