“Does What It Says 'On The Tin'” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Millennium Airport Hotel Dubai

Millennium Airport Hotel Dubai
Ranked #185 of 544 Hotels in Dubai
Oxford, United Kingdom
“Does What It Says 'On The Tin'”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 16, 2013

For around 500 Dirhams, this is good value and pretty much exactly what I expected.
I had a daytime stop between flying from London to Singapore (originally I was supposed to be in Dubai for 2 days, my travel plans changed but I could not change the flight to go direct London – Sing!).
It’s about a three minute drive from Terminal 1 of DXB International Airport – you rock up to the hotel booth at the exit to the terminal and they call the courtesy minibus for you.
Check in quick and easy.
Room was spacious mine (206) overlooked the inside of the hotel to the terrace, pool and pool deck.
The décor was a bit gaudy … but by no means the worst I have seen – and certainly bearable for a few hours … the bed was large and comfortable.
There was a sized full bath, some basic toiletries and face-cloths …. and one of those 1970’s style hair dryers – the old yellowed plastic square box on the wall with a miniature hoover pipe extruding … that is completely and utterly useless as a hair dryer or good object design – but they are still to be found the world over l!! (someone must have made a load of money out of these at some point!)
The desk space was in the corner of the room – just by the window, so you could look out.
The WIFI was paid for – I took the 100 Dirhams option for 24 hours – even though I was only there for around 8 hours it was the most cost effective. This worked fine – it was fast, clean and I ran their wire into my Airport Express and got all my devices online via the WIFI generated by that.
I didn’t get the chance to explore any of the hotel’s other facilities … but I am sure they were all to the same standards and would be perfectly OK.
The check-out was also quick and efficient and within five minutes I was back at the airport checking in to my flight to Singapore.
I’d definitely stay there again under similar circumstances.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
FSchmittmann, Front Office Manager at Millennium Airport Hotel Dubai, responded to this review, March 17, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for reviewing our hotel. I hope that your review will assist other travelers whether to stay at our hotel.

I liked to read your detailed response, which paints a nice picture of what our hotel is like. I am happy to hear you enjoyed your stay with us.

Hope to see you return soon.

Director of Front Office

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (290)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Finnish first
  • Greek first
  • Indonesian first
  • Turkish first
Glenrothes, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 16, 2013

Stayed for a couple of nights en route to Abu Dhabi. The rooms are generously sized and the overall appearance of the hotel is clean. The staff are all very polite and extremely helpful. We had a snack in Biggles bar and it the quality was excellent. Didn't use the pool as we were not there for long enough but it looked lovely.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Lincolnshire, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 14, 2013

The hotel provides a shuttle bus from the airport. Large rooms, nice pool with swim up bar with a lifeguard. Several restaurants including a 'British pub', Italian, Mexican and various cuisine buffet style restaurant. Clean, well appointed, helpful staff.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Dear Guest,

I was happy to hear your positive comments about your stay and about the newly opened Pool.

Welwyn, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 5, 2013

We were placed here by our travel agent as an overnight stopover between flights. It is only 10 minutes from the airport but make sure any taxi takes you to this hotel if booked here and not the adjacent Copthorne by mistake. The hotel is large and quite modern. The staff were generally very helpful and the restaurant staff particularly so. Our room was large and good with tea-making facilities, decent TV and a small sofa. We had a buffet meal in the main restaurant and sat on the terrace. The food was excellent and good value with the wine included and music. I used the gym which was OK but quite small. The large pool was being renovated and appears to be shared with other adjacent hotels

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
FSchmittmann, Front Office Manager at Millennium Airport Hotel Dubai, responded to this review, March 8, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for reviewing our hotel.

I am happy to let you know that the pool is now open for use. Yes the pool is open for the Millennium and Copthorne Airport Hotel, as we are operating as one property.

Thank you again for sharing your experience and I hope that we will be able to welcome you back to our hotel in the near future.

Nairobi, Kenya
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 1, 2013

was on transit, so wasn't there for a long time. The breakfast was okay, check in was pretty fast and staff were very friendly. Was given a non-smoking room that smelt damp. Slept well and took the shuttle back to the airport.

Stayed March 2013, traveled solo
Surabaya, Indonesia
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 28, 2013

I was stay for one night during my transit in Dubai, hotel is located 10 minutes away from Dubai airport and i was stay for free from Emirates airlines for passenger with connecting over than 6hours.

Room is large but nothing inside even water heater to make a cup of coffee wasn't available. To be honest i wasn't expect too much for a "free" hotel. But amenities for bathroom is available such as towel, bath gel and shampoo for me it's enough.

What a surprise when i go for breakfast, i was expect only sosis and egg available but amazing full meals buffet available and taste is good. Espresso coffee machine also available and you may add with milk or latte. hmmmm a heaven for coffee lovers, Choices of meal was various, scramble egg, boiled egg, beef sosis taste good even a pancake also available. Fruits and yogurt is avail too. All menus of 5* hotel breakfast was available here. I give my compliment to emirates that provide a standard hotel but provide good meal.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 22, 2013

We were bundled in here by Emirates who botched our flight and we had to overnight in Dubai. Whilst the staff try their best the hotel is awful - it has terrible 70's decor, the rooms are so spartan that I'm sure a spartan would complain of the lack of amenities. Worst of all the breakfast should not be fed to dogs - I should have brought some horse burgers from the UK to keep me going.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family