“Good business hotel near the airport” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Millennium Airport Hotel Dubai

Millennium Airport Hotel Dubai
Ranked #183 of 544 Hotels in Dubai
Tamworth
“Good business hotel near the airport”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 16, 2012

I've stayed here twice this year for 1 night each time whilst passing through Dubai on business. It has a free shuttle bus to and from the airport or you can take a very short taxi ride. The reception staff are always very nice, the check-in is quick and they don't swipe your card or ask for a cash deposit like other Dubai hotels. The rooms are spacious with nice bathrooms and free toiletries, ideal for 1 night. There's a nice restaurant with a set priced buffet on a different theme each night and the RAF themed Biggles bar is good for a pint or 2 and also serves food. I will definately stay here again.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank Robjp099
FSchmittmann, Front Office Manager at Millennium Airport Hotel Dubai, responded to this review, October 16, 2012
Dear Guest,

Thank you for reviewing our hotel. I hope that your review will assist other travelers whether to stay at our hotel.

I am happy to read your positive comments about your stay at our hotel. i will be certain to share these with my team.

Thank you again for sharing your experience and I hope that we will be able to welcome you back to our hotel in the near future.

Director of Front Office

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (291)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Finnish first
  • Greek first
  • Indonesian first
  • Turkish first
KL
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 15, 2012

I booked my room directly from their website ( one room for three adult). When I was at Dubai Airport , I show my booking confirmation to their counter staff and request for transport to the hotel. The staff was telling me that they could't track my booking in their system. Even though I show them my hard copy confirmation letter which is with all booking detail.

We spend almost 2 hours here to checking the reservation but still cannot track the record , finally we agree to make the new reservation (It was 12 am mid- might , my 65 yrs old mother was so tired ) . The new reservation their offer is much cheaper than online 5 days advance package .

When I was in the hotel. the hotel staff found my booking in the system , which is not like the airport counter staff told us. How could it be ?????? The mis-communication between this two staff make customer suffer.

My booking stated that the room is for 3 adult( which is I had paid one extra bed) , but the front desk staff insist the price I paid is only for 2 person . We start to "discuss" this issue again, even though they agree with our price , but we have spend almost 3 hours for this check in process.

Overall the staff is friendly, but I think the efficiency also very important in services industry

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Dear Guest,

Thank you for reviewing our hotel.

I have taken note of your comments about the rate difference and do agree that friendliness of service goes hand in hand with service efficiency. I assure you that I will check into the circumstances of your arrival, to ensure that this does not re-occur in future.

Sydney, Australia
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 7, 2012

Booked as a place to crash during a 10hr layover on the trip from Copenhagen to Sydney. I arrived about midnight, chose a non-smoking room, and was told there might be a little noise from the band playing, but it would end 'very shortly'. I get to the room (211) and its a lot louder than expected, let's just say I have to turn the tv up to hear it over the 'doof doof' from the nightclub. I at first thought 'well, it might be the finale, they did say it would finish very shortly'. It was still going 1:40am when I phoned reception to ask when it would end. They said 2am, and sure enough, at 2:40am, its still pumping away. I phone again, this time they say 3am and they guarantee that would be the last of it, which is was, but by then, I'd spent almost 3 hours trying, unsuccessfully, to get to sleep. Even earplugs from the flight were not enough.

The room was reasonable, but I'd hardly say 'deluxe' (which is what I paid for), and the breakfast was ok, but the bacon looked a bit dodgy. With 3.5 hours sleep rather than the 6.5 I was hoping for, I went to check out, and they didn't even care to ask how the stay was.

Not sure I'd stay here again. It needs to make up its mind -- Is it an airport hotel, where people want to get some quiet shut-eye between flights, or a nightclub with accomodation. It can't be both, that simply doesn't work. Whichever it chooses, it should advertise accordingly, its a bit unfair to have to pay full price for an airport hotel that's noisier than sleeping in the terminal.

Room Tip: If they tell you the music will soon stop, don't believe them. Sadly, I suspect the smoking room...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
Dear Guest,

Thank you for reviewing our hotel.

I would like to sincerely apologize for your experience at our hotel. I would like to assure you that I will share your comments with our entire Management team, so that we may find ways to avoid this disturbance in future.

Once again, thank you for sharing your experience and I hope that we will be able to welcome you back to our hotel in the near future.

Kandahar
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 6, 2012

I love the Millenium and have stayed there on a number of occasions while transiting through Dubai. It is very convenient for both terminals. The staff are excellent and stand out, even in Dubai where customer service is an art form. I was able to check in at 09h00 am after a short wait even though check in time is normally 14h00 pm. After a night flight in from Europe the benefit of this cannot be overstated. I was, as usual, very pleased with my room. One small gripe the bath and shower fittings were loose, no biggie and I'm sure it was just a minor maintenance issue which will get addressed. Pool area was not complete but this didn't bother me in the slightest as I did not even realise they had a pool on previous visits due to one of the primary reasons for my choosing the Millenium.....Biggles Bar. Biggles Bar is great and well worth a visit even if you are not staying in the hotel. I very much look forward to my next stay at some time soon. Thanks Millenium.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
FSchmittmann, Front Office Manager at Millennium Airport Hotel Dubai, responded to this review, October 11, 2012
Dear Guest,

Thank you for reviewing our hotel. It is great to hear that you enjoyed your stay at our hotel so much. The pool is indeed looking more and more tempting and we are all looking forward to the opening..

Hope to see you again at our hotel soon.

Aberdeen, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 28, 2012

Only a five minute journey from the airport, dark when I arrived and left so cant comment on the outside appearance however the reception and public areas are immaculate, shame same cant be said of the bedrooms, carpet in room was badly stained as were the soft furnishings. The TV belonged to the 70's and the remote did not work unless you were within 1mtr of the tv. Towels threadbare, amenities in short supply, only 1 pillow per bed, douvets would be nice rather than the old fashoned blanket between 2 sheets, having said that bed was comfortable. Badly in need of a refurbishment. Buffet dinner was average quality however no waiting staff enquired if I wanted a drink, was going to have a bottle of wine at 240AED however settled for free soda water instead, missed sale there, obviously have enough business they dont need to upsell. Reception staff great (Thai trainee) F&B staff dreadfull which is why i'm rating them average overall.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Auckland Region, New Zealand
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 22, 2012

I stay here regularly as I transit Dubai every 2 months. It's close to the airport and you can walk to the metro, friendly staff and if you book in advance you can get good deals. They provide transport to the airport free of charge. Be careful when coming from the airport as it's only 5 minutes, but the taxi charges 25AED flagfall instead of the usual 3, so it's worth trying to get the hotel shuttle. Overall good, efficient service.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
FSchmittmann, Front Office Manager at Millennium Airport Hotel Dubai, responded to this review, September 30, 2012
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your positive comments, I hope that your review will be helpful for any future travelers to our hotel.

I hope to be able to welcome you back to our hotel in the near future.

Portsmouth
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 18, 2012

From check-in to check-out the staff were excellent. Very helpful and very friendly. The room I had was on the 2nd floor facing the pool area. It was very quiet, spacious and very comfortable with a big bed of very good quality. Cleaned every day to a high standard.
The bathroom is big and well equipped.
There are 4 restaurants. The Gozo (which starts the day as the breakfast room) which offers a variety of eating options during the week. Biggles Bar which offers very varied food and speaks for itself with more TV's then necessary but this is not a criticism. The Dolcha Vista (Italian obviously) very good food. And the Mexican once again great food and lots of it.
The hotel is 5 minutes from the airport and a 5 minute walk from the trams. Which are the target that the rest of the world should aim at. For a all day pass it worked out at roughly £3 great value they are unmanned so computer controlled. Never late and ultra safe, air conditioned roomy even during busy times and spotlessly clean.
It's a 4 Star hotel but with a 5 Star approach and certainly one that I will be returning to.
My only faults that I found were. Please get the swimming pool and area finished because after a very hot day at work a dip in the pool is something many travellers long for. Which could be costing you in people staying at your hotel. And no matter what I could not get my shower to give me cold water only warm. I did not mention this as after a hot day even this was refreshing. Lastly after staying in many hotels around the Gulf area having to pay for WiFi is a shame and not having a lounge area to sit and relax with a coffee or cooling beer is something that needs addressing.

Room Tip: Pool side rooms are the quietest as a main road runs outside the other.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
Dear Guest,

It is great to read such a detailed review and I have taken note of a number of very positive comments that you had included. I will certainly share this with our team, so that they may know what a good job they are doing.

At the same time, I have taken note of your improvement comments, which we will certainly work on. Particularly we are all looking forward to the imminent opening of our new pool..