Just returned from a vacation for 6 nights at the Le Royal Meridien Dubai. We picked this hotel by reading all the great reviews of the TA posters. They were absolutely right!!! We have been travelling in Europe, Far East and North America and this was definitely the BEST hotel we have ever stayed in!!!
As soon as we arrived in the hotel at 02:00 am, they seated us in the lobby, offered cold towels and drinks and all the check-in process was done in minutes... We had booked a seaview Club room but they gave us a suit in the main building. (They later admitted that there was a overbooking in the Club Building and they actually didn't have a room for us there) Our suite was on the 7th floor and I think had the best view of all the hotel complex. The suit had a very large bedroom and a good size of a living room. Both rooms had TV, DVD player, etc. It worked great for us because after putting the baby in bed, we could watch TV in the other room.
The suit has other great benefits, too:
- You can choose your daily complimentary wine from the wine list,
- you can choose a movie from the DVD list and the butler asks if you want popcorns with movie:) When you say yes, you receive the popcorns in boxes, just like in the movie theatres...
-there is the turn-down service. In the evening, they open your bed, close the curtains and leave chocolates on the pillows.
- a big plate of fruits replaced daily
- a great tray of coffee, tea and cookies replaced daily
- you receive canapes in the aftrnoon.
There is no word to describe hotel staff!! They are the nicest people we have seen working in a hotel. They are so polite and always smiling. They'll do anything to comfort you. But this is definitely the result of a succesfull managing. Because, when you go out to the shopping centers, you see the difference!
We were on Bed&Breakfast rate, and the breakfast in the Brasseri was wonderful! In the evenings, we usually ordered some food to our room. Especially the "Traditional Hot Mezes" was a great choice. There are 4 different types of meze , 4 piece/each. It is enough for 2 people and costs only AED 60.00 (GBP 8.00)
And of courses presented so well.
It is too hot to be outside around noon time, so there are many shopping malls to visit.
The mall of the Emirates is huge. It is nice to watch people skiing there. But, I liked Ibn Battuda mall much better. The interior is sooo beatiful, te place is less crowded and they have most major UK brands.
The taxi fare to:
The Mall Of the Emirates - AED 30.00 (GBP 4.00)
The Ibn Battuda - AED 15.00 (GBP 2.00)
Desert Safari - takes 5 hours, not bad, costs AED 220.00 or 240.00
Afternoon tea at the Burj al Arab, great experience, costs AED 250.00 - 350.00 p.p. (better to make online reservation in advance)
After the tea, you can take the Burj's cart to the Madinat Souk which is a great place to see.
Well, I'm dying to go back to this hotel myself. If you are making plans for Dubai, don't even hesitate to book yourself a room at the LRM, you won't regret it...
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Le Royal Meridien Beach Resort & Spa Dubai is situated on a pristine stretch of private beach overlooking the Arabian Gulf and with 500 rooms, caters to every type of traveler. With 14 international restaurants and bars, the hotel offers guests the world on a plate. Caracalla, the hotel’s Spa & Health Club, is the ideal retreat for mind and body. The pool and beach facilities are heaven for sunbathers and joggers. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Hotwire, Ctrip TA, Orbitz, TravelUp, Travelocity, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, Cheap Tickets, getaroom.com, Evoline ltd, Priceline and HotelQuickly so you can book your Le Royal Meridien Beach Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Le Royal Meridien Dubai
- Royal Meridien Dubai
- Meridien Dubai
- Royal Meridian Dubai
- Royal Meridian Hotel Dubai
- Le Royal Meridien Beach Resort Dubai
- Royal Meridien Hotel Dubai
- Le Royal Meridien Hotel Dubai