“No room!”

Le Royal Meridien Beach Resort & Spa
Ranked #32 of 554 Hotels in Dubai
Reviewed January 17, 2007

Had booked 3 club rooms sea view, we arrived at the hotel the 30th of december 2006 very late at night 3 a.m so it was actually the 31st and the guest service manager told us our rooms where not available because were still occupied by other guests wich got sick!! What a joke!! Never heard such an unprofessional lie! He then "offered" us 3 noisy apartment placed on the lower floor at the sister hotel Grosvenor House with a "beautiful" building construction view! After massive complaining they finally gave us 3 nice rooms with sea view at higher floors. The following day we met the female manager of the Grosvenor wich was very helpfull and professional during all our stay because we decided to remain in that hotel. I travel very often for business and leisure and i never had such bad experience. The Royal Meridien hotel itself has nice areas and the general impression of the staff is good. Pity for the terrible guest manager!

• Stayed: December 2006, traveled with family
5  Thank Brunella D
There are newer reviews for Le Royal Meridien Beach Resort & Spa

Reviewed January 14, 2007

The royal meridien is absolutley a must stay at hotel. We stay for 5 nights 28th Nov - 3rd Dec 2006, the only thing that was a let down was the weather - it rained every day. The hotel is outstanding. we travelled with my 2 teenage children and my father and had booked 3 double rooms but on arrival we were upgraded to the Royal apartment - it was stunning, views to die for and an enourmous sitting room/dining room and kitchen along with 2 bedrooms and three bathrooms and a huge flat screen tv, as well as tvs in the bathrooms - we had a butler and to top it off we also got a free upgrade to Half board.
The prime rib and fusion restuarant were 2 of the best meals I have had in a longtime and breakfast was a joy. The service in every aspect of the hotel was superb - not too over bearing and the facial I had was very relaxing.
Although I haven't stayed in any other hotels in Dubai I think this is a real gem and would definatley go back.

• Stayed: November 2006, traveled with family
3  Thank electrisaver
Reviewed January 13, 2007

We stayed here for a 4 night stay following a work trip in UAE.

Excellent..from the moment we arrived until the moment we left.
The service is fantastic.
The hotel was immaculately clean and meal service superb.
Will be back.

• Stayed: November 2006, traveled as a couple
4  Thank escape_hols
Reviewed January 10, 2007

We booked the wrong side of the hotel-big mistake.The noise from the construction site opposite the hotel was very loud(24 hours).After the duty manager got involved we changed our room it was emphasised that the room was bigger. I pointed out that I did not need a bigger room just one that didnt have constant noise that kept our children awake for 2 nights. we were moved to the 9th floor which was marginally quiter. At this stage we got used to the noise ,so that was that.It was however disappointing after spending 4500 euro on accomodation for 1 week to have this bitter taste left in the mouth. On the plus-side the staff are very good, especially around the pool and piano bar (reception staff were hit and miss). The restaurants are very good, in particular, the prime rib and the mexican. I would also reccomend a visit to "SKI DUBAI",this was great fun for adults and kids. We will be back to dubai next year but in a different hotel.

• Stayed: January 2007, traveled with family
11  Thank hardwear
Reviewed January 9, 2007

Been meaning to get around to writing my review since I returned. I know it;s now a few months on since my visit, but I just feel I have to tell everybody how wonderful this place really is.

Went to Dubai with my fiance and our 5 year old son for 6 nights and all of us loved it. My son keeps asking when we are going back. There wasn't many kids for him to play with but the waiters and pool staff always took the time to make a fuss of him and give him free ice cream. He also loved the kiddies 'Penguin Club' and although he was the only child there at times, he had great fun with the staff.

The standard of food was excellent, always plenty, however, my son who's quite a picky eater struggled to find things he liked. We did dine in the italian restaurant one night and this was awesome, my son loved the pizza.

When we were there the main pool was being refurbished and was out of use, which I did think would spoil our stay a little. But the other infinity pool was so good and had excellent views of the beach and the sea, I didn't mind at all.

Our room was on the 3rd floor, at the end of the corridor and was really quiet. Having taken a peek in the other rooms when they were being cleaned, our room was twice the size in comparison. The one thing I loved about the rooms was the luxurious carpet, it was such a nice change from cold tiled floors on other holidays.

Don't let any of the negative remarks put you off booking Le Meridien. I can't understand how anyone could fault this place. The only down side of the holiday is the fact that every other hotel has been and will probably continue to be rubbush in comparison.

All in the all this hotel was amazing. Everything was 5 star and I can't wait to go back for longer next time.

• Stayed: July 2006, traveled with family
4  Thank LUVHOLIBAGS
Reviewed January 5, 2007

We have been to this hotel twice (each time for 2 weeks) and loved it both times! We have 2 kids (9 and 6) and they are begging to go back again! The kids club at the hotel (called "Penguin Club) is absolutely fantastic. We had to drag my daughter out of there every afternoon to swim with us. The same people were working in the kids club both times we went-my daughter enjoyed seeing everyone again. The service was fantastic and if there ever was a problem, they fixed it right away. We are hoping to go again this Easter (can't decide between Dubai and Morocco!!).

• Stayed: April 2006, traveled with family
6  Thank americansinuk
Reviewed January 2, 2007

Having previously worked for one of the best 5* resorts in Dubai previously, I was unsure what to expect from Le Royal Meridien, however not to be dissapointed.
The service in this hotel was stunning. Not intimidating, not to little, not too much, perfect. Checking in for 7 nights on a trip to see friends and colleagues the staff of Le Royal Meridien made my trip all that bit extra special. From the helpful concierge to nightly turn down with chocolates and flowers, Pam Wilby (General Manager) has a hotel and team to be proud of.
The hotel was immaculately clean and meal service, including afternoon tea service incredibly. The at beach service couldn't be rivalled with traditional UAE hospitality including water, ice slush, cold towels, drinks service etc.
Another favourite of mine, Grosvenor House was serviced by a complimentary shuttle bus which is well worth a visit. Try out Mezannine Restaurant or Bar 44 located on (you guessed it!) the 44th floor with fantastic views. For the men theres also 1847, a male only salon for shaving, barbers and also manicures, pedicures, facials, massages etc.
Overall a fantastic stay!

• Stayed: November 2006, traveled with friends