“Superb....be treated like royalty...”

Le Royal Meridien Beach Resort & Spa
Ranked #32 of 561 Hotels in Dubai
Reviewed August 31, 2006

words can not describe this hotel....every little thing is wonderful, brilliant...pure pleasure........top top quality this one......im saving my money to go back two for weeks..........if you are doing dubai as a stop over make sure you stay more than a couple of nights

• Stayed: August 2006, traveled on business
2  Thank tattyead
Write a ReviewReviews (6,357)

Reviewed August 30, 2006

Dubai : The Royal Meridien Beach and Spa Hotel
Date : 22th August - 30th August
Reviewer: Trip advisior from Hayes in Middlesex

We just gor back from RS and i have to say it was one the best hotels we have ever stayed in, it was out of this world, staff could not do enough for you, we were treated like royalty. The hotel was spotless , we were upgraded to siew deluxe from deluxe land views. The drinks at the hotels were expensive but the grounds of the hotel were astonising and staff made it like real paradise. What more can i say , i definally recommed it, it is very very safe.

• Stayed: August 2006, traveled with family
5  Thank Sandeep10
Reviewed August 28, 2006

Me and my boyfriend stayed at Le Royal Meridian Resort and spa for 5 nights between from 21st – 26th August 2006. This hotel is fantastic!!!

The Rooms
We stayed in a deluxe sea view room. As some of the other reports suggest, it is quite easy to get an upgrade, however as the hotel was quite busy, we were unable to upgrade, although this room was fantastic, fantastic view, you get fruit of the day etc, etc, all the reviews so far have been very accurate so no need to go on.

No other review seems to have divulged prices on anything, so here goes…..

The Spa
The Carcalla Spa is fantastic, I have never seen anything like it, I had a Swedish back massage which was 195 Dirham which is £30 which lasted half hour. I also had a leg stimulating treatment which was 300 Dirham which is £45, this particular treatment lasted an hour . The spa has lots to offer, facials, toning treatments etc, the staff are very qualified and know what they are doing. Upstairs is the gym and the spa area, which a women’s and mans side, in there is a sauna, steam room, Jacuzzi etc, they also have around 5 luxurious showers with all Molton Brown toiletries. Then from the gender divided sections, leads into the hamman pools, there are 5 pools, all at different temperatures, they have a lovely atmosphere, candles etc. Definitely worth a visit.

Restaurants in the Hotel
The restaurants are lovely, if you are staying on a half board basis you can eat in the brasserie restaurant and just pay for drinks. There are some lovely restaurants to chose from though and the hotel gives you 80 Dirham each to put towards your meal. So you will receive 160 dirham per couple off of the total price of the meal. We only ate in a different one night and decided to choose the ‘Prime Rib’ restaurant. The meal was fantastic, the total came to 800 Dirham which is around £125 but we had a £25 bottle of wine. The hotel paid the 160 Dirham towards the meal, so it was roughly £100 for a 3 course meal that was fantastic, the staff were outstanding, they don’t even let you pour your own wine, they change an ash tray after every cigarette etc, etc. A bottle of Bud is around £3. A vodka a lemonade is around £4 in the hotel.

Nights out etc
Night life mainly consists around the Jumeriah Beach hotels, this is mainly because the hotels here are licensed to sell alcohol! At night we liked to go to different hotels and go to their bars etc. We went to the Grovesner House Hotel which is across the road from the Le Royal Meridian, it is a partner hotel with Le Royal Meridian and you can use their facilities, there is also a car that shuffles between the two hotels all evening. In this hotel you will find Bar 44 which is located on the 44th floor!! Nice atmosphere although full of yuppies talking business and money!! Had one drink and left!

You will also find the famous Buddha Bar here as well, the bar itself is located just next door to the hotel but is still attached and is still part of the hotel. The Buddha bar is also a restaurant but we just went for drinks, a fantastic place really enjoyed this one, drinks are about the same price as the hotel although I decided to drink champagne cocktails at £15 a pop!!……regrettably!!

We also went to the ‘famous’ Jumeriah Beach hotel for drinks, very disappointed with this hotel, felt a bit Disney-land-ish, with the water park attached, although got some great photos of the Burj from this hotel. There is also a nightclub here called ‘The Apartment’ this was total crap, we went in there around half 9, admittedly it was empty, but we was not aloud to sit down as all the tables were reserved!! I gave one of the waitresses a ‘‘you expect me to pay £10 for a drink and not let me sit down kind of look’’ and she said we was aloud to sit down until approx 10:55pm, you can guess my answer!…..so we left!!

Experiences/Excursions
We went to a gold souk, which was an experience, I didn’t buy anything, and it was just too hot!! One ring I tried on which was white gold with diamonds started at £6000!!! I know you can get them down, which must take ages!! Fake bags/watches etc are offered to you on the side of the street, but this is all very hush hush, they then try and take you to a back alley or the boot of their car to sell you things.

We went to the water park, which is called Wild Wadi, it costs 150 Dirham to get in which is around £20. The water park is great for kids, and is great if you want to see the Burj close up! You can have some lovely photos taken. We chose not to stay here all day.

The shopping malls are fantastic, shops like Debenhams, Oasis, River Island, Next can be found in The mall of Emirates. Prices are not much cheaper than at home, except maybe sunglasses.

Phew…….got there in the end, over all fantastic experience!! I am just jealous that I know who ever is reading this review will be winging their way to Dubai any time soon!! : (

• Stayed: August 2006, traveled as a couple
23  Thank OIM
Reviewed August 15, 2006

We stayed at this hotel during early july and everything about it was outstanding. On our arrival we were brought 40 red roses and a bottle of Champagne in celebration of our 40th wedding anniversary. Additionally we were upgraded to the tower wing and received complimentary wine and evening meal. All of the staff were constantly pleasant and smiling. The restaurants were fantastic and the health spa ultra luxurious. All in all a fabulous stay and we hope to return one day soon

3  Thank mikelj
Reviewed August 14, 2006

Fantastic Kids Club with activities all day every day. The people and service at this hotel is exceptional. The rooms are well appointed and very clean. Going back again next year and would recommend this hotel without a doubt!

• Stayed: April 2006, traveled with family
4  Thank ANGLAIS
Reviewed August 7, 2006

My mum and I stayed 5 nights at Le Royal Meridien Beach Resort & Spa 2-7 Aug 06. I stayed here last year and enjoyed every minute of it - I was not disappointed this year either.

We stayed in a Tower Twin room - I would highly recommend this upgrade if you can afford it. We got a free bottle of wine every night (from a choice of 6-7). We choose the sparkling every night which should have cost us 225 Dhs per bottle and it was delivered as if it is was the most expensive bottle of champagne around. We also got canapes and nibbles in our room every night (along with the friut of the day etc that you get in normal rooms). There was Hermes bathroom stuff in the rooms and there is a separate shower and a huge bath. Overall I was very impressed with the room (I stayed in the deluxe room last time and thought that was wonderful but this was something else entirely).

We got picked up by the 7 series BMW with cold towles and water - I highly reccommend paying extra for this if you dont get it in your room rate - there was a man who met us before passport control and looked after us from there on in - even telling us where our bags were!

The restaurants are all fabulous - I ate in most of them last time however I had got a half board package this time. With this you can eat in any restaurant and get 80Dhs per person towards the bill or eat in the Brasserie for free (normally 160Dhs per person to eat there). The Brasserie is a buffet style meal - with varying themes - we had Indian, Pacific, Asian and British! All the food was wonderful and if you get a half board package it reduces your bill considerably!!

Whilst we were there the restaurant in the gardens was closed (Al Marj I think which is Arabic and BBQ food). The smaller pool was also closed for refurbishment although the new infinity pool if fabulous and we didnt feel there was a lacking of pool loungers at all. In fact the pool area seemed quite quiet - although I appreciate this is the quiet time of the year. I did not find it too hot at all - the humidity was down which helped.

Overall a wonderful experience - with really friendly people and a beautiful hotel.

Top tip for the girls - if you want your nails done - don't go to the place in the hotel (the spa is great ) but the manicures are done by the hairdressing salon and it was a lot more expensive then getting the shuttle across the Grosvenor hotel and having a manicure and pedicure there - they have a great nail bar and it was only 90 Dhs for a manicure and peduicure.

Other than that all I can say is I will definately be going back - a wonderful experience again and my expectations that were raised from my first visit were not dashed at all.

• Stayed: August 2006
19  Thank Ned120
Reviewed August 5, 2006

After having stayed at other hotels in Dubai in the last 5 years we decided to go back to Le Meridien as this was the first hotel we had stayed in. The hotel is maybe in need of some modernisation as regards the standard rooms but this is only a minor need. The hotel grounds are at present being upgraded which I believe are due for completion by October although any disruption is minimal. One criticism that needs to be addressed is what I would call the splash overflow pool. The walls need to be cleaned as they were starting to get green and the water itself always had a film of oil this was probably due to the water overflowing from the pool above and was sun lotion being carried over. The area around the pool/beach/hotel is now starting to look like the Manhattan skyline but there was absolutley NO NOISE from any of the surrounding works. The pool staff coming round with cool towels and cold spray every hour or so is very much appreciated. As was the addition of golf carts to give you a lift to / from other areas of the pool / beach
We were given an upgrade to half board free of charge (i suspect this happens during the summer months anyway as it did the last time as well) and this is quite a saving. Unfortunatly all the club rooms and tower rooms were booked so I was unable to pay for an upgrade here. The standard rooms are obviously smaller than the tower or club but are still of a decent size.
The brasserie is still serving up 1st class meals and the selection is very good. The staff in all areas of the hotel are excellent and cannot do enough to help. As regards to price of drinks etc I find that they are much the same as any other hotels in the area 25 Dirhams for a pint of lager. The shuttle bus from the hotel was fully booked on the 2 occasions that I tried to book so I would say to book them more than 24 Hr in advance.
I will be going back to Dubai in March and unless I get a very good deal from a better ??? hotel I will be making Le Meridien my base once again. This hotel is ideal for anyone on their first visit to Dubai and wants to get the feel of real 5 star rated hotels that cater for all

• Stayed: August 2006, traveled as a couple