“Heaven on Earth , with staff to match”

Le Royal Meridien Beach Resort & Spa
Ranked #32 of 556 Hotels in Dubai
Reviewed June 29, 2009

My fiance and I spent a week from the 17/06/09 at the hotel . We have been to Dubia before but this hotel excelled our expectations. All credit to Edoardo Giuntoli and his fine team consisting of Cynthia Soares . As we are looking to have our wedding in 2011 they were very gracious and helpful in allowing us to see the rooms and we also had a wedding planner to help us. We were fortunate to have a upgrade to a Tower room and on our first night a card and a bottle of champange was brought to our room congratulating me on my recent graduation ( the reason for the holiday )
The rooms were outstanding and the service impeccable, the drinks were expensive so we ventured out once or twice.
It was a holiday of a lifetime and hopefully I can persuade my parents that apart from the heat it really is heaven on earth.

• Stayed: June 2009, traveled as a couple
GrosvenorHouseDubai, Hotel Manager at Le Royal Meridien Beach Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded July 4, 2009

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your time in sharing your experience at Le Royal Meridien on Trip Advisor.

It is a great pleasure to note that you and your partner enjoyed your recent stay and are planning to celebrate your wedding with us.

It would be an honor to assist you during your wedding and would like to assure you that we will do our best to make this occasion an unforgettable one.

Should you require any assistance with regards to your arrangements or future bookings please do not hesitate to contact me and I will be more than delighted to assist you.

Look forward in welcoming you back.

Kind Regards
Edaordo G

Reviewed June 29, 2009

Before I start, I have to say that we are not used to Hotel stays - we usually prefer villas / self-catering so when booking this 5* hotel, we weren't sure what to expect!
This holiday was for our Silver Wedding Anniversary treat - so looked forward to luxury.
From the moment we arrived, we were treated with excellent service. We couldn't check into our room until later in the day, but we were shown to a room where we could change and then escorted out for breakfast!
Our room was OK - with a king sized bed. The bathroom was a little cramped (the door opened right onto the toilet pan) and we felt it was 'tired' and needed updating.
The air conditioning unit was noisy during the night - and when mentioned to the Customer Service staff, they tried to rectify the 'faulty' unit and couldn't...so they moved us into a Suite! Wow! That was very very nice! A separate living / dining room, (had a 32" flat screen T.V. in both living & bedrooms), balcony, huge bedroom and large en-suite with corner bath and separate shower. Again though, we felt that the bathroom was tired and needed updating.
We had individual boxes of chocolates (2 chocs) left on the bed,in a tiny box with a ribbon, a "quote of the day" and fresh fruit every day!
The overall hotel was beautiful, shiny, clean, wonderful staff, fantastic pools, and lots of restaurants within the hotel. When we were there in May, the weather was at the top 30's - just about hot enough for us.....much later into the year and you would fry!

Outside the hotel is spoilt at the moment as they are building 2 new hotels directly to the front....if you're booking a room - make sure it's a sea view!

'The Walk' is just a few minutes from the hotel and is really worth the experience! There are many different restaurants (many unlicensed) many many posh and expensive cars that drive alongside, seem as if they're 'on display' - one Mercedes was entirely chrome!!!!

The things we liked least.......The EXPENSE!!!! Blimey - It was expensive! At the time, a pint of beer was just under £10.00 and a bottle of beer about £6.00. The cheapest bottle of wine in the hotel was about £25.00....so if you're going there and looking forward to relaxing with a beer or two, bear in mind how much you are likely to spend on 'general' alchohol - just 1 bottle of wine a night could cost you £250.00 over 10 nights so beware!

Dubai in general is very expensive - so be prepared!

Stayed: May 2009, traveled as a couple

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your time in posting a review on Trip Advisor with regards to your recent stay with us.

I am delighted to read that you had a pleasant stay with us.

Your constructive feedback with regards to the rooms is noted. Thank you for bringing your comments to my attention.

Look forward to welcoming you back in the not too distant future.

Kind Regards

Reviewed June 29, 2009

Upon arrival at the hotel reception we were instructed that we had been upgraded and we walked round to the tower reception. Once there we were offered cold water and a hand towel.
We were taken to our room and given information on the hotel on our way, once we reached our room we were given a 10 min walk round and full room and hotel information. Really good but maybe a bit much at 2am!!! The room was really nice and we had a nice view of the sea and the JBR and the ‘Walk’.
Because we were upgraded we could have breakfast in both ‘Fusion’ and the ‘Brassery’ both served the same food and we alternated between the two. There was a large choice on cold and cooked food, including pork sausages and bacon. When you arrive you are offered Tea or Coffee.
There are a number of pools and they were great especially given the heat!!! I was concerned about the heat before I went and honestly I would never go at this time of year again and I consider myself a sun worshiper! Many people have commented on free water and towels by the pool. We did experience cold towels and small shots of slush drink, but no water or fans as others have mentioned. The food by the pool is very expensive and to be honest not that nice.
We eat at prime rib which was great steak but again V expensive, but I did not mind as it was so good. We also Drank at bar bellow but only for one drink as it was empty but with a band playing far too loud.
We also eat a Buda bar over a Grosvenor House. This again was lovely. We also drank at a bar on the 40th ish floor can’t remember its name but it played great Jazz!! I also eat a Nina’s at the one and only and I really enjoyed the food. We did and all you can eat a spice island which was ok and high tea at the Burj which we really enjoyed.
This was our first visit to Dubai and I found the hotel to be nice and the area also. However I would like to say as a first timer I found Dubai to be very over rated and have had much better service and food In other countries and well as seen and experienced mush better hotels. I know many people are Dubai 3 times a year people….. But I think maybe it was just not our cup of tea……

• Stayed: June 2008, traveled as a couple
1  Thank macysnowstorm

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review of Le Royal Meridien Beach Resort and Spa on Trip Advisor.

I was glad to read that you were satisfied with the room, the quality of our breakfast and the service provided by our associates.

I would like to thank you for bringing to our attention your constructive feedback on Bar Below and the food by the pool.

On a positive note, I was pleased to see that you enjoyed the facilities of our sister hotel, The Grosvenor House.

Once again, thank you for your valuable time in rating us.

Kind regards,

Reviewed June 28, 2009

I was there with my husband my birthday was whilst we were there my husbands the day after we left we both recieved a birthday cake and wine which was a nice touch the hotel staff were excellent from start to finish i wish we were told about club or tower as we booked in we would have taken up one of these upgrades when we got to our room i was a little disapointed we were above the brassarie and could not really see the sea for trees the room was qiet not disturbed from below we were room 111 on first floor but did enjoy our stay

• Stayed: May 2009, traveled as a couple

Dear Guest,

Thank you for sharing your holiday experience at Le Royal Meridien on Trip Advisor.

It is a pleasure to note that you and your husband had stayed at Le Royal Meridien Dubai to celebrate your birthday with us. Your comment with regards to the room allocation has been noted, and will definitely block block a room on a higher floor for your next visit.

I was however delighted to read that you enjoyed your stay with us and I look forward in welcoming you back.

Should you do so, please do not hesitate to contact us so that we can look after your booking.

Kind Regards,

Reviewed June 28, 2009

This was my 3rd time in this hotel, but first in the Club rooms. The beach, pool and public areas are great and you can read other reviews or look at the photos to see how good they are, but I want to tell people how good the club rooms are! I have stayed in a normal room and a tower room and thought the club room to represent amazing value for money. The rooms are the biggest in the hotel - bigger than the much vaunted tower rooms and with a more interesting layout, they also have 42inch plasmas (maybe the tower rooms have been upgraded since 2008). The great thing about the club room is the free food and drink. You get your own club buffet for breakfast which is as comprehensive as the main buffet in the main building. At 3pm you get afternoon tea, which involves a selection of sandwiches, cakes and scones together with tea/coffee and cold drinks. If you want to save a couple of pennies the club room soon recoups it's extra cost - have a big breakfast so you don't become hungry until 3pm and then go for a drink and lunch in the free club lounge. At 18:30 you get 2 hrs gratis in the club lounge to once again enjoy some hot and cold snacks and drinks. The snacks vary from night to night but include items such as mini pizzas, chicken nuggets, dips, crisps, mini quiches, breaded shrimps, so much so that on one night the offering was so good my friends and I helped ourselves with enough to count as dinner, and thereby saving £50 each that night. The drinks menu for the free ones is pretty comprehensive with all normal spirits, wines and beers , but with limited cocktails on offer - the bottom of the drinks menu ,in small print warns that if you order drinks not on this menu you will be charged normal rates, but before we read this we ordered a selection of non menu drinks including vodka and red bulls, pina coladas and a couple of other cocktails, but were not charged for them in any case. The most satisfying aspect of the free bar was the fact you had to sign a bill at the end of your 2hrs showing how much you would have spent if you had been charged ( I guess the hotel get tax back or something like this on these bills) - the only problem was trying to beat the previous nights bill on subsequent nights!!!!
My group are not exactly hard up, and we are not adverse to spending money in Dubai, as you've got to be prepared to dig deep if you are going out on the town, but there is something inately satisfying with 'free drinks and food' and you really feel as if you are getting one over on the system. This together with the great room and usual high standards at the Royal Meridien make this hotel a must for anyone in Dubai and as for the upgrade to the club room ? - well, that is a no brainer - you can save more money than the upgrade costs, so enjoy the better room and views.

• Stayed: June 2009, traveled with friends
2  Thank MagicianManchesterUK
LeRoyalMeridienDubai, Hotel Manager at Le Royal Meridien Beach Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded July 6, 2009

Dear Guest,

I would like to take this opportunity to thank you for your loyalty towards our property and for your sharing your experience on Trip Advisor.

It is a pleasure to note that you enjoyed your recent stay with us and were pleased with the Club room and it benefits.

We all look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Kind Regards,

Reviewed June 26, 2009

Just back from 13 nights stay at Le Royal Meridian, My wife and I had an excellent time, pretty much agree with all the other comments. I would like to know what the hotel criteria is when being upgraded rooms?
I read a lot of vistors were upgraded when they first booked into the hotel..but there was no mention when we signed in..Having said that our sea view room was amazing, clean, and spacious.
Excellent service from pool side, main reception and room service.

John Casey

• Stayed: June 2009, traveled as a couple
LeRoyalMeridienDubai, Hotel Manager` at Le Royal Meridien Beach Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded June 27, 2009

Dear Mr. Casey,

Thank you for taking the time to share your recent experience at Le Royal Meridien Beach Resort and Spa.

I was delighted to read that you were satisfied with the cleanliness of the room and the service provided by our associates.

With regards to the upgrades, I hope you understand that they are subject to availability at the moment of check in, based on the hotel occupancy.

I look forward to the opportunity of welcoming you back in the not too distant future.

Best regards,

Reviewed June 25, 2009

No surprises with this review, but some interest points to note. Wonderful Hotel that’s no up to much to look at from the outside but stunning once you enter. Everything in immaculate, clean and delivers on everything you expect from a 5 Star.

We stayed in a Tower Room and loved it. Great bed, Bathroom, TV etc and a huge balcony with a view over to Atlantis and The Burj. Room service was outstanding.

Great choice of restaurants but did find everything other than the brassiere very quite even though the Hotel was full. I can’t imagine everyone was that desperate to eat there? Wine is expensive in line with every top class hotel abroad, so expect it and deal with it.

Would highly recommend a meal in Gary Rhodes Mezzanine in the sister Hotel GH follow by drinks at the world famous Buddha Bar . Stunning.

The Bar Down below in Meridian is a funky place for an after dinner drink but they need to stop the live music. It’s just too loud and does not fit what is otherwise a cool place that place really relaxing music between live sets.

Highly recommend the Dessert Safari when out in Dubai as the drivers fill you in on lots of local information and they are exceptional value for what you get.

Yes, June is very, very hot. Too hot really as you can really sit outside to relax with a drink or food at the bar areas, but we did expect that – so no great shakes.

All in all, would absolutely recommend Dubai and certainly this Hotel.

2  Thank ynt96
LeRoyalMeridienDubai, Hotel Manager at Le Royal Meridien Beach Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded June 27, 2009

Dear Guest,

Thank you for writing a detailed review of Le Royal Meridien on Trip Advisor.

I was pleased to read that you were able to make full use of our facilities, including our sister hotel The Grosvenor House.

Thank you for bringing to my attention your feedback with regards to the music in Bar Below.
Your comments are greatly appreciated, and I will share them with the managers concerned.

Thank you once again for taking the time to rate our resort; we all look forward to welcoming you back in the not too distant future.

Kind regards,