“Still a great hotel”

Ranked #29 of 542 Hotels in Dubai
England
“Still a great hotel”
Reviewed April 22, 2009

We have recently returned from our 6th visit to LRM and, as before, very much enjoyed our stay. The hotel, the grounds, the staff, all the restaurants and the facilities are excellent.

Unfortunately we arrived just before Easter and this meant that most guests were families with children and I think this has given rise to one or two of the previous comments. There certainly were a great many children around so if you are looking for a more peaceful stay you should perhaps avoid the school holidays. The hotel has 3 large pools and a shallow children's lagoon style pool, but several times we were put off going for a swim because of the large numbers of children in every pool. To address this, and keep everyone happy, I think the hotel would do well to elect one of the 2 major pools to be adult only. Despite the large numbers of people around we could always find sunbeds in a quiet spot as the grounds are large.

We arrived in mid-afternoon and our room was not ready so we had to wait a while but were then up-graded to a Tower room. These are very well appointed and extremely comfortable and when I found all the pillows to be too thick just a mention to a member of staff swiftly brought two more pillows for me to try. One of them was perfect! If I had to be very nit-picky I would say that the room we were in was getting due for a bit of a make-over because one of the bed-side lamp shades was beginning to look old/stained and the grouting in the shower needed renewing. I am sure 'though that if management read this, these matters will be swiftly rectified as the hotel is so well run and kept so beautifully.

The area around the approach to LRM is still a building site but unless you have a room overlooking the front of the hotel this should not affect you in any way.

We look forward to returning to LRM in the future but will do our best to avoid the busy school holidays!

• Stayed April 2009, traveled as a couple
1 Thank bethi
LeRoyalMeridienDubai, Hotel Manager at Le Royal Meridien Beach Resort & Spa, responded to this review, April 27, 2009
Dear Guest,

On behalf of all of us, I would like to specially thank for your loyalty towards our property, and for posting your precious feedback on Trip Advisor.

Your comments and suggestions are highly appreciated.

Feedback such as yours is of immense value to us as it enables us to continuously monitor and measure the level of service and standards at the hotel.

I hope we will have the opportunity to welcome you and your family back to Le Royal Meridien for your 7th stay with us.

Please do not hesitate to contact me directly when planning your next visit, and I will personally look after your booking.

Kind regards,
Hotel Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,365)
  • Arabic first
  • Slovak first
  • Turkish first
nignotwill
Reviewed April 21, 2009

Im not usually one for bothering with feedback but as the reason why i went to Le Royal Meridien in the first place was as the direct result of other peoples feedback on this site, i felt obliged to say thank you to them and to the hotel.

My wife and i arrived at the hotel in the early hours of the morning on 1st April 09 for a one week stay. Even at 3.30am we were greeted by courteous staff and given refreshments in the lobby whilst the finishing touches to our paperwork was undertaken.

We had a deluxe sea view room that didnt disappoint. As you would expect when overlooking the sea in Dubai, it was an excellent view and sitting on the balcony with a bottle of red wine (courtesy of the hotel management) was superb.

We both had an excellent time at the hotel. We made full use of the Spa and ventured around the few shops located on the ground floor. Clearly drinks were expensive in this hotel just as they are in all other hotels of this quality in Dubai. We didnt mind paying the prices though as we were enjoying our luxurious surroundings and the staff could not do enough for us.

We went Half Board and enjoyed a huge variety of food at breakfast time. We ate in the Brassiere each evening and once again we had a huge variety of different foods each night. The themed nights were particularly good. We were planning on venturing out to the other restaurants located on site as we could have used our Half Board allowance to offset any extra costs however we greatly enjoyed the Brassiere food choice and the waiter service was excellent.

Several of our days were spent lazing around one of the 3 pools or by the beach, however we were not total cabbages and did have a trip out to the Wild Wadi water park and also visited a couple of the Malls, one of which was the Emirates Mall which had a free bus service from the hotel.

This really was a relaxing week for us both and we would love to go back again. If there is anything dissappointing about this hotel, its having to leave.

I have read a couple of recent reviews on this hotel that are not too favourable. I really cant agree with their views. This is a fantastic hotel and my wife and i fully recommend it to others.

• Stayed April 2009, traveled as a couple
2 Thank nignotwill
LeRoyalMeridienDubai, Hotel Manager at Le Royal Meridien Beach Resort & Spa, responded to this review, April 23, 2009
Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for the wonderful comments posted on Trip Advisor.

I was delighted to note that you were satisfied with the early arrival and with the room.

I was also extremely pleased with your feedbacks on our Caracalla Spa and “Brasserie” Buffet restaurant.

I hope we will have the pleasure to welcome you back to Le Royal Meridien in the very near future.

London
Reviewed April 21, 2009

OK - Have thought long and hard about this one - so here goes.
Dubai is an acquired taste and very much depends on what you want from your holiday. For our part we wanted 2 weeks with guaranteed sunshine and a luxury resort, and that's what we
This hotel is ideal if you have young children. The activities seemed well organised and plentiful. As mentioned before in many reviews, they are fantastic. Staff are highly trained in customer service and could certainly show us a thing or two about how to do that to perfection. Nothing is ever a problem to them, and the cusomer is always right.
For me, Dubai in general is a developing city, felt a little incongurous to have skyscrapers on the beach, and cultural experiences needed to be sought out.
The hotel was good, but not fantastic. A previous reviewer spoke of likening it to any resort in europe, and I agree. For several reasons. 1)In order to get a 'front row' seat at the pool, you need to be up before 8am ( my young daughter is diabetic and when swimming I need to be able to see her all the time). Even at that early time lots of beds were 'bagged'., and I guess there must be a towel fairy. I really thought I'd spent enough money to guarantee not to have this happen.
2)Upgrades & early access to rooms were mentioned by many, but was always told - sorry hotel full - till we heard other guests who got suite upgrades for one person, for example!!
3)Dubai, and this resort, are mega expensive. The whole exerience was coloured by this. I knew this would be the case, however, when the falling pound is combined with an almost doubling of prices, its really annoying. (An ice cream at the beach cost 13 Dirhams in 2008, was 24 Dhs in 2009)
So truthfully, I would not return. It was a nice hotel, but I've had just as good, if not better, in the Far East, USA, and Europe.
The spa was fantastic, but again, the prices were way over the top for anything but the most basic treatments.
There is also a dearth of things to do at night. Difficult with a 13 yr old who certainly doesn't want to sit in a piano bar.
I felt a little short changed overall.

1 Thank cityssliker
LeRoyalMeridienDubai, Hotel Manager at Le Royal Meridien Beach Resort & Spa, responded to this review, April 25, 2009
Dear Guest,

I would like to take this opportunity to thank you for taking the time to post your review, and for your positive comments about our associates.

I was however concerned to hear that you experienced some inconvenience in getting your favorite sun bed in the morning, and would like to offer you my sincere apologies for that.

I am sure you agree that the hotel has an adequate number of sun lounges around the pools and beach, and we strongly discourage other guests to “reserve” their place before a morning walk on the beach.

I would love to personally discuss your experience further, and would be grateful if you could contact me at leroyalmeridien-guestservices@lrm-gh-dubai.com

Once again, thank you for your honest and precious feedback.

north lanarkshire
Reviewed April 19, 2009

hi am going back to hotel in june 09 for my bday.i have stayed there on numerous occasions and cant find one fault,it was superb, the staff from door men to beach where top class,the food is great the buffet had a great selection,and had themed nights,the piano bar nice for cocktails but the music a thumbs down,the rooms in the club where lovely but the club ammenities even better,afternoon tea and happy hour[or two] at night was great, met really nice down to earth people. wilma the waitress very nice. persuaded my friends frankie and chris martis to go and they are now converted , they loved it,did go out to other resturants but a waste of money as hotel food just as good cant wait for june thanx karen and des meechan

2 Thank dubaiprincess_9
LeRoyalMeridienDubai, Hotel Manager at Le Royal Meridien Beach Resort & Spa, responded to this review, May 1, 2009
Dear Mr and Mrs. Meechan,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review on Trip Advisor about your experience at Le Royal Meridien.

I am glad to note that you had stayed at our property on several occasions and at the outset would like to thank you for your loyalty.

I was delighted to hear that you enjoyed the food at the Brasserie and the cocktail drinks at the Piano bar. Your comment with regards to the Piano Bar music is noted and would like to inform you that we now have new entertainers performing there.

I hope you will enjoy their performance during your next visit, I look forward to hear receive your feedback.

It is also a pleasure to know that you were pleased with the service provided by our associates and especially with Wilma.

Look forward to seeing you in June.

Kind Regards
BELGIUM TIENEN
Reviewed April 17, 2009

Nice hotel but not orananized . staff is not qualified - busy big hotel with lots of kids - the towels are in the morningspread over 300 chares - so the can get the best spot on the pool - looks more like spain and turkey hotels - breakfast always same - for the rest not bad at all but no real class here - SPECIALY FOR KIDS ITS RECOMMENDED- CONSTRUCTION AROUND NOT REALY A PROBLEM

• Stayed April 2009, traveled with family
LeRoyalMeridienDubai, Hotel Manager at Le Royal Meridien Beach Resort & Spa, responded to this review, April 28, 2009
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking your valuable time to post such an open and honest review.

I was unfortunately unable to locate your booking from the name you used in Trip Advisor, however I believe that you stayed with us during the recent Easter Holidays when the majority of our guests are European families coming to enjoy our beautiful gardens and facilities.

With regards to the towels in the morning, I am sure you agree that we have more than enough sun beds available for our guests and there is no need of reserving a chair early morning.

Unfortunately this is a “common practice” for many customers, even though it is highly discouraged by the hotel management.

I would however value being able to discuss your experience further so that we can attempt to restore your faith in the hotel.

I do look forward to hear form you.

Essex
Reviewed April 15, 2009

On arrival to the hotel we drove through the very unpretty building site!
Staff are very welcoming and friendly which was lovely. But was given a room with a building site view and the noise woke me every morning.

The pool areas are very busy and noisy with loud music being played which meant we spent all of our time on the beach for some peace.
Had a tacky butlins feel to the resort to be honest and very geared up to childrens activities.
Everywhere was clean and the service was very good. The food by the pool was very limited with choice, but the Italian restaurant was beautiful.
Dubai is very very expensive, so be prepared!
I would not return to this hotel as I have stayed at The One and Only Royal Mirage before....which is and incredible faultless place to stay.

• Stayed April 2009
2 Thank YoureSweet
LeRoyalMeridienDubai, Hotel Manager at Le Royal Meridien Beach Resort & Spa, responded to this review, April 21, 2009
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to post your review and for bringing your feedback to our attention.

I believe you stayed with us during the recent Easter Holidays when majority of our guests are European families coming to enjoy our pool and beach facilities.

With regards to your comment on the accessibility of the hotel, as you are aware, there are currently many projects in the Marina area that are on their way to completion.

Your comments about the food around the pool have been noted and our Food and Beverage department is currently reviewing the lunch menus around the pool and beach. However I would like to clarify that, in addition to the pool bars, we have 3 other restaurants available for lunch.

I would be delighted to discuss your experience further so that we can attempt to restore your faith in the hotel.

Please feel free to send me an email at leroyalmeridien-guestservices@lrm-gh-dubai.com

Oslo
Reviewed April 13, 2009

Great family resort, but after reading a lot of very positive reviews I had expected more. We enjoyed a fantastic Easter holiday at Le Royal Meridien, but I miss the wow factor. This is a very nice resort for families expecting lot of kid’s activities etc., but I don’t find this hotel a top luxury hotel in Dubai context. Other hotels in Dubai, such as Royal Mirage and the different parts of Madinat offer a totally different experience when it comes to quality on restaurants, luxury feeling, exotic touch etc. To me Royal Meridien is just too much of a typical family resort you will find all over the world.
To be very critical I did not find menu/food on all the different pool restaurants any exciting. Unfortunately they used the same menu at all the different places – there were actually nowhere to get a descent lunch. In the evening there are 9 different restaurants to choose from and these were generally of high standard. All drinks/food were hugely overpriced. I think this goes for most hotels in Dubai, but paying euro 10 for a beer, euro 20 for a pizza, euro 50 for a Mexican main course or euro 500 for a normal Barolo is just insane. Wine is specially overpriced; they typically charge 2-4 times the normal price at a good restaurant anywhere else.
That said, this is still a fantastic resort, very nice staff and as many other reviews have pointed out – they will do anything to make you happy. Not a bad choice for families with children. If traveling without children I would go somewhere else.

2 Thank EirikOslo
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to write and post your review about Le Royal Meridien Dubai.

Your feedback is highly appreciated.

I was sorry to learn from your comments that, although you enjoyed your stay with us, we were not up to your expectations and at the outset would like to offer my sincere apologies.

I hope you will give us another chance to serve you again in the near future and regain your confidence in our services.

Should you do so, please do not hesitate to contact me.