We have recently returned from our 6th visit to LRM and, as before, very much enjoyed our stay. The hotel, the grounds, the staff, all the restaurants and the facilities are excellent.
Unfortunately we arrived just before Easter and this meant that most guests were families with children and I think this has given rise to one or two of the previous comments. There certainly were a great many children around so if you are looking for a more peaceful stay you should perhaps avoid the school holidays. The hotel has 3 large pools and a shallow children's lagoon style pool, but several times we were put off going for a swim because of the large numbers of children in every pool. To address this, and keep everyone happy, I think the hotel would do well to elect one of the 2 major pools to be adult only. Despite the large numbers of people around we could always find sunbeds in a quiet spot as the grounds are large.
We arrived in mid-afternoon and our room was not ready so we had to wait a while but were then up-graded to a Tower room. These are very well appointed and extremely comfortable and when I found all the pillows to be too thick just a mention to a member of staff swiftly brought two more pillows for me to try. One of them was perfect! If I had to be very nit-picky I would say that the room we were in was getting due for a bit of a make-over because one of the bed-side lamp shades was beginning to look old/stained and the grouting in the shower needed renewing. I am sure 'though that if management read this, these matters will be swiftly rectified as the hotel is so well run and kept so beautifully.
The area around the approach to LRM is still a building site but unless you have a room overlooking the front of the hotel this should not affect you in any way.
We look forward to returning to LRM in the future but will do our best to avoid the busy school holidays!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Le Royal Meridien Beach Resort & Spa Dubai is situated on a pristine stretch of private beach overlooking the Arabian Gulf and with 500 rooms, caters to every type of traveler. With 14 international restaurants and bars, the hotel offers guests the world on a plate. Caracalla, the hotel’s Spa & Health Club, is the ideal retreat for mind and body. The pool and beach facilities are heaven for sunbathers and joggers. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Orbitz, Travelocity, Hotwire, Priceline, Hotels.com, TravelUp, Cancelon, Cheap Tickets, getaroom.com, Evoline ltd, TripOnline SA and HotelQuickly so you can book your Le Royal Meridien Beach Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Le Royal Meridien Dubai
- Royal Meridien Dubai
- Meridien Dubai
- Royal Meridian Dubai
- Royal Meridian Hotel Dubai
- Le Royal Meridien Beach Resort Dubai
- Royal Meridien Hotel Dubai
- Le Royal Meridien Hotel Dubai