“Impressive hotel”

Ranked #33 of 549 Hotels in Dubai
Adelaide, Australia
“Impressive hotel”
Reviewed June 19, 2014 via mobile

Fantastic hotel, great service. Good location and a beautiful setting. Good breakfast, although we opted to sit outside and there were a couple of stray cats wandering around, which wasn't ideal. Having said that, it was our choice to sit outside. Would definitely recommend this hotel.

Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Alison W
GHLRM, General Manager at Le Royal Meridien Beach Resort & Spa, responded to this review, June 26, 2014
Thank you for sharing your comments on Trip Advisor.

We are glad to know that you had enjoyed your holiday with us at the resort and delighted that you were pleased with the service of our associates and in particular your breakfast experience.

Thank you once again for recommending Le Royal Meridien and we look forward to welcoming you back again in the not too distant future.

Pam Wilby

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,398)
  • Arabic first
  • Slovak first
  • Turkish first
Sheffield
Reviewed June 19, 2014

We made our annual visit to Dubai a bit earlier this year. June instead of July and I must say the weather was far more comfortable ...less hot and humid and a few days a nice breeze.
This hotel just gets better and better. The staff throughout the hotel are simply fantastic. They cant do enough for you.

Clearly the hotel management set very high standards that have to be maintained at all times but this seems to be done effortlessly...almost as part of the culture of the way in which the hotel operates.

We had a superb Tower room...1301...with views of the pools and looking towards the Burj Al Arab/Atlantis and with a sweep around balcony overlooking the tennis courts. Room cleanliness was spot on...I know it should be a given but cleanliness is an absolute priority with lovely clean bed sheets and towels and super clean bathroom. The rooms are starting to look a bit tired but they are perfectly adequate as you don't really spend much time in them .

Restaurants at the hotel are great...we like Maya, Rhodes 2010 and we tried the new seafood restaurant Geales which was great.
We also like to dine further afield and we would recommend Toscana (Italian) at Madinat Jumeirah...very reasonably priced and Pai Thai(Thai) at Al Qasr hotel, Indego(Indian) at Grosvenor House hotel and Zheng He's(Chinese) at Mina a Salam hotel along with Seafire (Steaks) at Atlantis.

The hotel grounds and facilities are exceptional from the pools and gardens to the Spa/Superb gym and Hamman pools.
The Club lounge facilities are excellent and we were looked after superbly by Christian, Daisy and the team who are all lovely people . It was my birthday whilst we were at the hotel and when we went down for breakfast to my surprise Christian had decorated our table with balloons and birthday messages and I was given a pancake birthday cake with a candle in it....very special.

My wife and I often talk about trying somewhere else but we tend to come to the same conclusion...where can we guarantee the same level of service as that provided on a consistent basis over many years by LRM..we haven't yet come up with an alternative.

Keep up the excellent work and I'm sure we will see you again next year.

Room Tip: ask for a room overlooking the pools/view towards the Burj if staying in the tower
1 Thank THECOACH
Thank you very much for taking the time to post your review on Trip Advisor following your recent visit to Le Royal Meridien.

As our regular guests, we are glad to know that you are extremely delighted with your stay at the resort celebrating your birthday.

Your kind acknowledgement of the hotel facilities as well as the excellent service provided by our associates is much appreciated, which will be passed on to the team. We certainly make every effort to deliver highest standard of personalized customer service and it is always encouraging to receive such praise.

We are also pleased that you had enjoyed the selection of restaurants we have on offer particularly your dining experience in Maya, Rhodes Twenty10, and Geales.

Thank you once again for your kind comments and we look forward to welcoming you back as our guests soon.

Reviewed June 18, 2014

Although this was our second visit to Dubai (on the first occasion we stayed at the Jumeirah Zabeel Saray on the Palm) & although the Royal Meridian is no where near as grand as the Zabeel Saray, the location is much better suited for a visitor who wants to be nearer to all things going on in the city. The rooms, grounds & pool area and staff are all first class and I feel you will not be disappointed if you make this hotel your choice for your stay in Dubai.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
Thank you for sharing your comments of your holiday at Le Royal Meridien.

It is nice to know that you were pleased with your stay at the resort and were delighted with the hotel facilities as well as the service experienced. Your feedback is very much appreciated.

Thank you once again and we look forward to having the opportunity to welcome you back in the not too distant future.

scotland
Reviewed June 18, 2014

I am currently still on holiday in this wonderful hotel with my husband, 15 yr old and 13 yr old. This is our 6th stay at LRM. As usual the staff are so helpful and pleasant and can't do enough for you, special mention to Paul in the Brasserie.We arrived at 8am on Friday morning, our room was not ready but check in is not until 3pm anyway we were taken for breakfast then we went and changed at the spa and headed out to the pool. Our room wasn't ready until 5 but when it was we discovered we were in the Tower building which was nice. The room was lovely only thing was there was building work going on on the ground below us, we couldn't really see it so wasn't a problem. Unfortunately the next morning we could hear the work which prevented us from sleeping. I spoke to reception on the Saturday morning and they were really helpful and said they would move us room on the Sunday when 1 became available. We were moved to the 4th floor of the Tower facing the pools which was much better,only thing tho the room has a smell of damp but I have not reported this as don't like to seem a difficult person. When we moved room we were upgraded to have club lounge access which is afternoon tea between 3-5 and drink between 6-8. My husband arrived on Monday morning ( due to work commitments) but he has no club access so the upgrade is not benefiting us as we cannot leave 1 person out while the other 3 go.
The grounds of the hotel are lovely and well looked after and it is just a few minute walk to the beach. If you are looking to book this hotel do it as this has been the first thing in the 6 visits I have been. I am maybe being a little picky this time as unfortunately my mother died suddenly a week before we came and just want a nice peaceful time to chill and unwind. I will definitely be booking up again for next year.

Room Tip: Choose a sea view the scene is amazing
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank carronmcb
Thank you for sharing your review on Trip Advisor.

As our regular guests, we are delighted that you had enjoyed your overall experience at the resort and your acknowledgement of the service of our associates is very much appreciated.

We are also extremely sorry to hear of your family bereavement and can understand that you were looking forward to a very relaxing time at the hotel. Whilst we have attempted to isolate any disturbance to our guests regarding the noise from the construction being carried out on, please be assured that we have taken your comments very seriously and do accept our sincere apologies for any inconvenience caused.

Thank you once again for taking the time to write your review and we look forward to welcome you back at Le Royal Meridien Beach Resort & Spa Dubai.

Salt Lake City, West Bengal, India
Reviewed June 18, 2014

If one not only like to "home away from home" but also make a business trip away from busy business, Le Royal Meridien Beach Resort & Spa could be a real address in Dubai. One of the best and ideal resort hotels, I visited so far.
The Management deserves highest appreciation for their perfect choice of team members who are really dedicated to make the place as the 'paradise in earth'. I am moved and happy to stay in this 'Superior Property' while, more excited to have the humble and friendly staff members who are always smiling and ready to help whatever ways they may do. My appreciation will be uncompleted if I do not mention among others, the name of Mr. Harish Gopalakrishnan & Mr. Shajith Khan who will compelled me to make the hotel as my permanent address while I will be in Dubai. No lovely words are appropriate for them, only I could use "how you wonder, what you are"! The Management should feel proud to depute such the "precious gems" who are responsible to make this resort as my favorite, friendly "home away from home".
As a SPG Platinum guest, I was upgraded to a sea facing suite room which was comfortable, specious and well furnished. Just I felt "unusual quality" to find the 'cup and saucers' which have been kept for making tea in the room. I also felt want of a hair dryer in the bath room. Hope, the Management will consider the matter in a casual way.

Room Tip: Tower room in the high floor is recommended.
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled solo
Thank you for sharing your review on Trip Advisor.

We are pleased that you had chosen to stay with us at Le Royal Meridien and glad that you had an enjoyable experience.

Your kind acknowledgement of the service of our associates particularly those names mentioned is much appreciated and will be shared with the team. We certainly make every effort to deliver the highest standard of customer service to all our guests and it is always encouraging to receive such compliments and commends.

I have also noted your comment regarding the hair dryer facility and would like to mention that it is usually placed inside the cupboard drawer of the bedroom and do apologize that it was not shown to you when you were escorted to your room upon arrival.

Thank you once again for taking the time to write your review and we look forward to welcoming you back as our guest soon.

London, United Kingdom
Reviewed June 18, 2014

I have just returned from my third stay at Le Royal Meridien and it just continues to impress. The standards which it sets are so high and every member of staff works tirelessly not only to attain them, but to exceed them. It is hard to pick out individual members of staff, but I think Ganesh and Sonia from the Main Reception are worthy of high praise.

I visited for my 30th Birthday as I wanted it to be a special occasion. We received a warm welcome upon arrival and whilst we did not expect the room to be ready at 0830hrs, we were offered breakfast in the Brasserie and provided with towel cards so we could take full advantage of the pools and gardens. Whilst having breakfast two members of staff approached me and said how nice it was to see me back.

There was a slight problem with the room, but this was resolved extremely professionally and with minimal inconvenience. The room we got, a Superior Room, which had been recently refurbished was worth the wait. It had everything and possibly the most comfortable bed ever. Every aspect of what a guest might expect from a bedroom in such a hotel had been considered and as ever, the Housekeeping team kept the room spotless. I asked for some extra bottles of water on the first night and they appeared almost immediately.

The new addition of Geales was really enjoyable and it was nice to eat breakfast in Ossigeno, as well as take a light Afternoon Tea there. The tea and coffee bar in the Reception area of the tower is an escellent addition and was greatly appreciated.

It was nice to experience, Al Khaima and Al Murjan again, both of which were as good as ever. On this trip, I also had a treatment at the Caracalla Spa - taking advantage of the Early Bird Offer. This was a great way to start my birthday! The birthday cake and champagne from the hotel helped to round off what was a great day.

In my opinion, customers and residents always judge hotels on attention to detail and this is where Le Royal Meridien succeeds. Whilst chatting to residents in the pool one day who were staying for the first time, they observed that it was the little things and the attention to detail which made the difference between a good hotel and an excellent hotel. This is so true.

I would recommend this hotel to anyone and really cannot find fault with my recent stay. On leaving the hotel on Sunday evening, a member of staff said 'See you again, soon'. I replied, without hesitation, 'Yes. you will' and I can't wait to return.

Room Tip: Go for the Superior Rooms!
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
Thank you very much for taking the time to share your review on Trip Advisor following your recent visit to Le Royal Meridien.

As our repeat guests, we are pleased that you had chosen to stay at the resort celebrating your birthday and glad that you felt special and pampered throughout your holiday.

It is also nice to know that you were extremely delighted with the service of our associates as well as the hotel facilities and very much enjoyed your dining experience with the selection of restaurants we have on offer. Your kind comments are very much valued

Thank you once again for your lovely review and we look forward to welcoming you back as our guests soon.

Leeds, United Kingdom
Reviewed June 18, 2014

I have just returned from a 1 week honeymoon and cannot praise the hotel enough. From the moment we arrived to the moment we left the staff simply cannot do enough for you. The grounds to the hotel are immaculate and there are gardeners constantly working to keep them in the condition they are. During our stay we ate at Geals, Rhodes 10, Toro Toro and had Friday brunch at Maya. Every restaurant was very different but of equal quality with the Friday brunch at Maya being an absolute must. Because it was our honeymoon the hotel made real efforts to make us feel special. In Geals the chef came out to meet us then sent out 2 deserts on the house. Rhodes Grill sent out a free desert and also presented my wife with a bunch of red roses, a lovely touch which really makes you feel special. I have already told friends and family about this hotel and we will certainly be back again soon to treat ourselves to the luxury this hotel provides. The manager was also visible around the hotel and he always stopped to have a chat and ask how things were going which is something you don't often see. To summerise it can be no coinsidence that practicaly every guest we met were returning to the hotel and had stayed there many times before. That in itself speaks volumes for the hotel and all the staff.

Room Tip: Ask for a sea view.
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
GHLRM, General Manager at Le Royal Meridien Beach Resort & Spa, responded to this review, June 21, 2014
Thank you for sharing review of your holiday on Trip Advisor.

We are delighted that you had chosen to stay with us at Le Royal Meridien on your honeymoon and pleased to hear that you felt special and pampered as honeymooners throughout your stay with us.

We certainly do strive to deliver the highest standard of personalized customer service and it is always encouraging to receive such praise.

Thank you one again for your kind comments and we look forward to welcoming you back as our guests in the not too distant future.