I stayed here for five nights with my husband in late May 2014 and really enjoyed our stay. The outstanding service we received definitely rivals other five star establishments I've stayed at around the world, as do the facilities on offer. I would not hesitate to book here again if we were able to get the same rate we did this time.
Having read a few other comments about check-in we had absolutely no problems despite arriving early - we were offered refreshments while we waited and offered use of the spa changing area if we wanted to go to the pool/beach. As it happens the hotel kindly upgraded us to a club/tower room which they let us into ahead of the scheduled check in time.
Our room was very well equipped - with an iPod/Phone dock, free wifi, good TV, hair dryer, large bath and separate shower. We were also supplied with numerous complimentary bottles of water and fruit and chocolates daily. The bed was huge and very comfortable. In terms of decor this wasn't exactly to my taste and if I'm honest felt a little tired/dated, although I'm aware the hotel is currently undergoing a refurbishment programme. The only minor niggle I had was evening noise, I think from Shades bar 7 floors below our room - Tina Turner songs at midnight do not exactly lull you into a peaceful sleep!
The outdoor pool area and gardens were very well tended. We were provided with cold flannels, sorbet and spray bottles to help keep us cool, as well as good quality towels. We preferred the loungers on the lawn which had more umbrellas and never had a problem obtaining one.
The indoor spa area/hammam was also good, although being from the UK I felt I should be outdoors enjoying the sunshine! I also used the gym on one occasion, this was well equipped, although could have done with stronger aircon as daytime exercise was uncomfortably hot.
A particular highlight was the shared speedboat trip we took from the hotel beach, this was an unforgettable experience which I'd urge everyone to try. At £28 per person for over an hour of amazing views of the Palm, Atlantis, Marina and the Burj al Arab we were surprised at the value for money.
In addition I was pleasantly surprised at the temperature controlled swimming pools - the sea felt like a warm bath (attracting marine life such as jellyfish!) but the pools were refreshingly cool.
Our upgrade included breakfast in the executive lounge, which offered a good selection between 7-11am, afternoon tea and cocktails/canapes between 6-8pm. Given we only paid for bed and breakfast this was very welcome and something I would look to pay for to secure on a future visit. Food and drinks offered were good quality and the waiting staff were really attentive too.
We didn't eat at the hotel, the closest restaurant we visited was the Observatory at the Marriott in Dubai marina. There is also a supermarket and pharmacy directly opposite the hotel complex and the marina mall isn't far away by taxi either. The hotel is also very near Skydive Dubai and we were treated to views of people attempting such aerial acrobatics on a frequent basis throughout the day.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Le Royal Meridien Beach Resort & Spa Dubai is situated on a pristine stretch of private beach overlooking the Arabian Gulf and with 500 rooms, caters to every type of traveler. With 14 international restaurants and bars, the hotel offers guests the world on a plate. Caracalla, the hotel’s Spa & Health Club, is the ideal retreat for mind and body. The pool and beach facilities are heaven for sunbathers and joggers. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Travelocity, Booking.com, Orbitz, Agoda, TravelUp, Ctrip TA, Hotels.com, getaroom.com, Cheap Tickets, Hotwire and HotelQuickly so you can book your Le Royal Meridien Beach Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Le Royal Meridien Dubai
- Royal Meridien Dubai
- Meridien Dubai
- Royal Meridian Dubai
- Royal Meridian Hotel Dubai
- Le Royal Meridien Beach Resort Dubai
- Royal Meridien Hotel Dubai
- Le Royal Meridien Hotel Dubai