“'Great Hotel'”

Ranked #32 of 550 Hotels in Dubai
Reading, United Kingdom
“'Great Hotel'”
Reviewed August 28, 2013

Spent one week here in May with my Wife,Son and Daughter. The hotel is first class and in a great location. The service is impecable and food quality is outstanding. Although we read that the bar pices are expensive we did not find this the case and found our bar and food bill on departure very reasonable.Although I would return to this hotel in a heartbeat I would not rush back to Dubai as i feel it is over rated and over priced.

Room Tip: Sea views are a must as the back of the hotel looks out over buildings
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank Nigel M
GHLRM, General Manager at Le Royal Meridien Beach Resort & Spa, responded to this review, August 31, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to post your review on Trip Advisor following your stay in May at Le Royal Meridien.

We are truly happy to hear that you and your family had enjoyed your stay with us and were extremely pleased with the service provided as well as with the facilities that we have on offer at the hotel.

It was a pleasure to have you staying with us and we look forward to welcoming you back again.

Pam Wilby

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,403)
  • Arabic first
  • Slovak first
  • Turkish first
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed August 28, 2013

Me, my wife and our 10 month old daughter stayed here from the 19th of August 2013 for 6 nights. I've been to dubai several times before and have found every hotel great and the meridien certainly didn't disappoint. The staff are probably the best i've ever come across in a hotel, they literally couldn't do enough and there's so many of them. I forgot my ipad charger so i asked at reception if they had one i could borrow, the guy searched high and low and eventually i came back from the pool and it was sitting in my room.

The facilities are superb, grounds and pools immaculate. Food and drinks are pricey but pretty standard for a 5 star hotel in dubai.

The only negative is the room service food menu is quite limited. I stayed in Atlantis on the palm two years ago and they managed to have a la carte choices as well as a lot of 'normal' food. The meridien's menu is very pricey and 'posh' food. I realise lots of people like the fine dining options but i didn't fancy buying a 260dhs (£45) mixed grill everytime i fancied a meal in. This being said, the room service was very prompt and excellent service.

The meridien's private beach is very nice, obviously its only the sand and sunbed part of the beach that's private, the bit where you actually get in to the sea is public. Its not like a palm private beach.

Overall impression was good, considering Atlantis is about twice as much to stay at, this hotel is far more than half as good. Its an excellent place for couple's and families too. We had a lovely time there and i would definitely go back there.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Oxford, United Kingdom
Reviewed August 27, 2013

Spent a week here in March ,our 2nd visit, to celebrate our wedding anniversary and husbands birthday. We were upgraded to a tower room with sea view ,which was lovely. The comfort of the room was fabulous and spotlessly clean, I must commend our room attendant Errold for his excellent service and cheerfulness.
The service of all the staff is second to none , pools are beautiful and sunbeds so comfy ,and readily available , cold towels brought round at intervals.
We ate at the Brasserie as the half board option, otherwise plenty of restaurant options, or shuttle to the Grosvenor sister hotel for more eating choices.
It was a lovely surprise on our Anniversary to recieve a cake and bottle of Champagne from the hotel, and I would like to thank the management for this gesture it was much appreciated and highlighted our day.
We hope to return again soon , as although we are fairly well travelled this is the best hotel we have ever stayed in .

Room Tip: Club tower rooms fabulous with afternoon coffee and pre dinner canapés and drinks included in the ro...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
GHLRM, General Manager at Le Royal Meridien Beach Resort & Spa, responded to this review, September 1, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to write your review on Trip Advisor.

Having stayed with us for the second time, we are delighted to know that you had enjoyed your overall stay at the hotel on this very special occasion.

It was our pleasure to be able to upgrade you on this occasion and happy to hear that you both enjoyed the amenities provided.

Thank you once again and we look forward to welcoming you back again to the resort in the near future.

Reviewed August 27, 2013 via mobile

We have just returned from a great 2 week stay at this hotel. It was our first visit to Dubai and after reading the reviews on here am so pleased we chose this hotel .
The staff were so friendly and very helpful. Little touches around the pool like cold face towels, water sprays , ice buckets and slush drinks made the August heat easier to cope with .
We had our 7 year old son with us and he attended the kids club every day ( his choice !!) and loved it . Always plenty for him to do and the staff were lovely .
We had a deluxe seaview room and although a little cramped when they put an extra bed in it was still quite sufficient . Plenty of complimentary bottled water and fruit left in the room every day.

The gardens and pool areas were beautifully kept and the beach was lovely. Although it was too hot to sit on the beach we did have a few dips in the sea, which was hotter than bath water !!
All in all this was a great first trip to Dubai and we will most definately be returning to the meridian .

• Stayed August 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review.

Having stayed with us for the first time, we were delighted to hear that our team really looked after you from the time you arrived at the hotel throughout the stay.

It is a pleasure to know that you enjoyed the facilities at the hotel and that your son had liked our Penguin Kids Club.

Your kind feedback is greatly appreciated and we look forward to welcoming you and your family back.

Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed August 27, 2013

Before choosing to stay at Le Royal Meridien Beach Resort & Spa (LRM), I was torn between staying at the Ritz-Carlton which is located next door to LRM. After reading countless reviews up till a week before my trip to make a decision. I choose the LRM after reading all the rave reviews on SERVICE and the Ritz lacked current positive reviews. Also, I noted anytime a negative comment was made on here by LRM, was address by LRM. The Ritz never responding to any comments left on Tripadvisor.

We arrived in Dubai and was greeted by a rep from LRM, they transported us in a BMW 740I to the hotel. The ride was very nice and I couldn't asked for anymore. Check-in was done at the special check-in for Royal Club Members. After checking in they brought me up to my suite located in the tower (room 4007), they showed me the features and how to operate the lights.

Inside the room was a fresh fruit plate, replaced almost daily, a bottle of wine, and chocolates. I thought this was a nice touch. The furniture seemed dated, and was not acceptable for a 5 star hotel. There were numerous scratches and dings on it. The carpet was also dated, but was fairly clean.

The bedroom was large and spacious, but the mattress was a little firm for my liking. The bathroom was good except one minor problem that I experience, while taking a shower the water temperature would fluctuate between hot and cold depending on other rooms usage. The shower wasn't equipped with a regulator or it was broken. But this was the only problem that bothered me the most about the room.

Service was great especially from Eddy at Guest Relations and the 4th floor housekeeping staff. They handled every task and made me feel right at home.

Now for the disappointment part, it came at the pool. The pool staff wasn't very attentive, I had to walk and get my ice bag with cold towels. Never once in 6 days, did a pool staff employee come and ask if I wanted to order a drink or food. On the last day of my trip, I sat out by the cabanas and I noticed a more attentive staff. I ordered numerous drinks and food and enjoyed my day. What surprised me the most after reading everyones reviews, I was expecting I would have to use a fly swatter to stop the pool staff from asking me if I needed anything. That was not the case.

I visited their spa, twice. I will say for the ladies, your spa is nice. For the men, well its just plain subpar. I signed up for a sixty minute massage. The waiting area is a small room with two couches, mixed men and women. There is very little privacy. When its your time, you are escorted into the massage room. There is a hook on the back of the door, but no cabinet or drawers for storage of clothes. Allen, the therapist was good and I have no complaints with his service.

I also visited Royal Cuts for a haircut & pedicure. The mens salon is in the basement. I had an appointment for 1800. I showed up on time and was made to feel that there was no appointment made. After 15 minutes of trying to figure things out the women who was going to do my pedicure arrived. The pedicure I received was sub-par. She had me stick my size 12 feet in glass sink bowel that was located on the ground. They soaked my feet for a minute before she raised my foot and placed it on her leg to begin. It was very awkward and uncomfortable. When she finished I was ready for my haircut. The pedicurist did not tell the stylist I was there, and I had to wait until he finished his other appointments before I could get my haircut. What I found out was, my haircut should've been the first so it doesn't interrupt the flow of appointments.

The staff in the Royal Club Lounge did a great job in food and service. Check-out was easy and seamless.

Overall, this is a nice hotel, but not quite up to a 5 star standard.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to post your review on Trip Advisor.

Firstly, we are glad to know that you had enjoyed your overall stay at the resort and would like to thank you for your positive feedback regarding your arrival experience and the service provided by Guest Services and Housekeeping team.

I was concerned to read your comments with regards to the service encountered around the pool & beach area and would like to offer by apologies as this is definitely not reflective of our usual service standards of the hotel.

It is always extremely important to us to understand our guest experiences in order that we can continue to review our service and standards delivery and therefore we would very much appreciate the opportunity to speak to you personally and kindly request you to contact us directly on Guestservices.leroyalmeridien@lemeridien.com .

Thank you once again for taking the time to write your review and we look forward to hearing from you.

Mark Kirby
Hotel Manager
Amman, Jordan
Reviewed August 27, 2013 via mobile

I have stayed for few days in Le Royal and it was excellent and relaxing stay
It is somehow expensive but the hotel is amazing and the staff are friendly and nice to everyone
The hotel is on the beach and on a walking distance from the JBR walk which is full of restaurants

• Stayed August 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for posting your review on Trip Advisor.

We are delighted to know that you had enjoyed your overall stay with us and were pleased with the service and facilities available at the hotel.

It was indeed our pleasure to have you as our guest and hope that we will have the opportunity to welcome you back in the near future.

London, United Kingdom
Reviewed August 25, 2013

I’ve just arrived back from Dubai, I had an amazing stay at le Royal Meridian beach resort & spa I think this has been my sixth visit, I can only describe this as AMAZING!!!!
I stayed in a tower room, which I highly recommend the beds and bed linen are amazing,room service super fast and food spot on.
Overview:

Cleanliness-The cleanest hotel I have ever stayed at, hands down!

Appearance-Not only was this place amazingly clean, but the interior and exterior decor especially the new club lounge was excellent.
The exterior grounds were beautifully landscaped and taken care of. The Pool bar service – was exceptional especially the strawberry daiquiri’s and Cesar salads big thanks to Alex and the team.
Eddy at the front of house was amazing nothing was too much trouble and his knowledge was second to none, a real assist to the hotel. He help us arrange any transportation, reservations, tours, etc.
the breakfast was amazing, especially the poached eggs, their was a variety of options and everything was fresh and presented beautifully. The beach was beautiful and the sea was bubbling with heat.
What really makes this hotel stand out from the rest if the staff nothing is too much trouble, they go above a beyond a five star level of service.
Overall, I had an amazing stay and will return next year to check out the new refurbished clubrooms.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank TanyaPer
GHLRM, General Manager at Le Royal Meridien Beach Resort & Spa, responded to this review, August 27, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for posting your review on Trip Advisor.

We are delighted to know that you had enjoyed your recent stay with us and were truly pleased with the facilities available at the hotel as well as with the service of Associates.

It is also nice to note that you found the room we had allocated you to be very comfortable and clean and liked the new lounge facilities.

Thank you once again for sharing your feedback on Trip Advisor and we look forward to welcoming you back.