Stayed here with wife and 2 kids for 3 nights as a stopover coming back from a holiday in Thailand. First appearances are excellent and when we arrived we found we had been upgraded from two adjoining rooms into the Royal Apartment in the main building which was the only guest room on the 10th (and top) floor (plus a couple of conference rooms). The apartment is incredible, absolutely massive and beautifully decorated (if dated as other reviewers have mentioned - bidet?). We had a huge panoramic living area, office space, dining room (for 10!), kitchen, toilet, twin room with massive en-suite and master bedroom with seating area and en-suite. Sq footage probably bigger than many houses!
The breakfast buffet is excellent and they have everything you could think of and the service generally in the Brasserie was very good. We had a bonus dinner option in the Brasserie which we used but mostly because we were tired and dinner was convenient. For fussy eaters or vegetarians the dinner buffet is poor and on one themed night we had to request a special vegetarian meal be provided (which they did no problem so again the staff try to help).
The grounds are beautiful and very well maintained but coming from Thailand we did find the pools a bit cold after while. We were not there long enough to explore all the activities and our children too young for the kids club so I can't comment on them.
What we did find was the service levels were excellent - we left our pushchair on the carousel at Dubai airport so contacted the Business Centre who tracked it down, took a copy of my passport and a signed letter and had a hotel car bring it back and deliver it to our room which was exceptional guest service (thanks Hazen!)
Only real downsides were a problem with our showers in the room where the hot water pressure rose or dropped suddenly causing hot or cold showers, as a result we had to bath our kids. We reported it and they immediately tried to fix it but with no success before we left. If we were there for longer it would've been a problem but a couple of days was okay. I also agree with other reviews that some of the outside events in the evening were a bit noisy and that the food and drink costs in the hotel and pool service were fairly ridiculous.
Would I go back to Dubai? Definitely, but I think for a longer family holiday I would look at the Atlantis or Jumeirah Beach as this hotel has a more corporate feel and needs updating. Great staff though!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Le Royal Meridien Beach Resort & Spa Dubai is situated on a pristine stretch of private beach overlooking the Arabian Gulf and with 500 rooms, caters to every type of traveler. With 14 international restaurants and bars, the hotel offers guests the world on a plate. Caracalla, the hotel’s Spa & Health Club, is the ideal retreat for mind and body. The pool and beach facilities are heaven for sunbathers and joggers. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotwire, Hotels.com, Expedia, Orbitz, Ctrip TA, TravelUp, Travelocity, TripOnline SA, Cheap Tickets, Cancelon, getaroom.com, Priceline, Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Le Royal Meridien Beach Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Le Royal Meridien Dubai
- Royal Meridien Dubai
- Meridien Dubai
- Royal Meridian Dubai
- Royal Meridian Hotel Dubai
- Le Royal Meridien Beach Resort Dubai
- Royal Meridien Hotel Dubai
- Le Royal Meridien Hotel Dubai