What an unpleasant welcome at Le Meridien Mina Seyahi!!
My wife and I were trying to get in the property to spend some time at the Barasti Bar beach, one of the hotel's outlets. We went through a back entrance, next to the tennis courts and were asked questions by an outsourced security guard in Mickey Mouse English and could barely understand the conversation. The guard was also far too close, breaking the boundary of courtesy distance required for strangers. At some point, a Filipino female security officer popped up and turned us off in a very aggressive and unprofessional manner. Understanding we had taken the wrong entrance, we finally decided to take an open road straight ahead of us and along the premises to finally reach the outlet but were told instead to go around the whole property, which sounded awkward. We then decided to get back to the main building to try to have a quick lunch by the main pool. In the lobby, we were welcome by another Filipino female officer and an Indian man with a moustache. As usual, I must note that these people called you by an insisting "Sir" or "Ma'am" after you pass by them instead of reaching you in front and address their query face to face. You do feel like a dog being called not like a guest. That's probably a norm of respect they were never taught about. Anyhow, yet again, their English required technical deciphering and the only thing I managed to understand from them was that we had insulted one of their fellow security guards at the first passage gate. I asked the lady what exactly we had said that was insulting and she replied "you said something in your own language". To which, I asked if she was able to understand the said language so that we could clarify her statement. She just replied that she didn't know. At some point, I requested to speak to the manager on duty or to be given the GM's name to formerly complain. We waited for 10 minutes and were not attended to. I decided to go to the Front Office myself and spoke to a European lady there who gave me her business card. To be noted that the Filipino female and the Indian man were trying to avoid having us to talk to the management by all means and were gaining time as such. They were also partly hiding their name tag while talking to us for obvious reasons. Pathetic and unprofessional.
Once again, this is the proof some of the hotels in Dubai are still not capable of employing and training staff with the adequate manners and verbatim required to handle guests with respect and politeness. I'm definitely not an English native speaker. However, I do expect to understand and be understood when I'm in an international hotel such as Mina Seyahi.
Avoid if you don't want to be treated like a punk.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Boasting a 1,200 m sandy beach, Le Meridien Mina Seyahi is located in Jumeirah. This 5-star luxury resort has several swimming pools situated amidst lush gardens and 5 dining and entertainment venues. Featuring a classic chic décor, Le Meridien rooms are air-conditioned. Each room offers free WiFi, a Flat-screen TV and a safety deposit box. They all offer panoramic views of the Arabian Gulf or Dubai's skyline. Leisure facilities at the Mina Seyahi include a water sports centre and Club Mina fitness centre. Younger guests can enjoy Le Meridien Family Club which offers activities programme, beach games as well as 2 separate and shaded kids' pools. Guests can enjoy a wide range of international classic and hearty dishes at the Latest Recipe. Horizon offers casual snacks and cocktails by the pool. Gourmet by Kcal offers a variety of healthy dishes in a entirely gluten-free kitchen. For more upbeat evening, Barasti Bar offers live entertainment. Le Meridien Mina Seyahi Beach Resort is a 10-minute drive from Emirates Golf Course. Mall of The Emirates is 8 km from the resort and Dubai International Airport is 31 km away. Mina Seyahi is a great choice for travellers interested in beaches, relaxation and food. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotwire, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Cheap Tickets, Asiatravel.com Holdings, Orbitz, TripOnline SA and HotelQuickly so you can book your Le Meridien Mina Seyahi Beach Resort and Marina reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Le Meridien Mina Seyahi Beach Resort And Marina Hotel Dubai
- Le Meridien Dubai
- Dubai Le Meridien
- Mina Seyahi
- Le Meridien Mina Seyahi Dubai
- Le Meridien Mina Seyahi Beach Resort & Marina