Le Meridien Mina Seyahi Beach Resort and Marina
Ranked #76 of 561 Hotels in Dubai
Reviewed November 27, 2013

I stayed in this hotel for 2 weeks in October/November and it would be great experience if it wasn't for two things: bad wireless connection and too loud music during the weekend!
Wireless Internet connection is definitely below the standard of such hotel, but luckily hotel also offers wired Internet.
As for the loud music - there are parties every weekend in hotel's backyard which is fine, but the problem is that some rooms have worse noise isolation than others.
Everything else was great - polite and helpful staff, room quality, breakfast, surrounding which is absolutely beautiful. The best thing with Le Meridien Mina Seyahi is that guests can use outdoor swimming pools from neighboring West Inn hotel, and those are absolutely fantastic.
If hotel management resolve mentioned issues (WiFi and bad noise isolation in some rooms) the stay in this hotel would be pure joy.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Toncheetah
MSeyahi, General Manager at Le Meridien Mina Seyahi Beach Resort and Marina, responded to this reviewResponded December 2, 2013

Dear Toncheetah,
Thank you for taking the time to post your comments about your recent stay with us.
I do appreciate that you have enjoyed our beach facilities and our retaurants.
I understand that you were disappointed with the noise at Barasti and wireless connection.
Please rest assured that I have passed on your comments to our associates and management team in our continuous endeavor to improve the services to our guest.
I hope we will be able to welcome you back to the Resort in the future.
Tolga S Lacin

Write a ReviewReviews (2,372)

Reviewed November 21, 2013

Over the 12 years we have been holidaying in Dubai my wife and I have stayed at many of the 5 star resort hotels on Jumeirah Beach and The Palm, plus Raffles and the Fairmont city hotels. This was our first visit to Le Meridien Mina Seyahi.

Le Meridien Mina Seyahi is of an elegant contemporary European design with little to indicate its Middle Eastern location. Unfortunately the standard of customer service also bears little resemblance to the warm, welcoming, customer focused service associated with this part of the world.  And because of this lack of customer focus I found the experience of Le Meridien Mina Seyahi disappointing.

The welcome offered by reception was unprofessional with the rate I was paying for the 7 night stay, described as "not deserving of one of the better rooms". And although I emailed to advise of my 9.30am arrival and my understanding that a room may not be available until standard check-in time, reception went to great lengths to reiterate the policy and to say that on this occasion they would facilitate an early check- in without additional charge.

Reception suggested that the hotel was full, yet throughout our stay the pool, beach and restaurants were almost deserted. Even the restaurants at the adjoining Westin hotel, with  the exception of the pizzeria, were very quiet.

The bedrooms are what you would expect in a 5 star hotel in terms of decor and facilities, but like all hotels, some have better views than others, some have balconies, some don't and some may be considered too close to the Barasti night club that some guests may find noisy on the Friday/Saturday weekend. We were allocated a City view room, no balcony on the 7th floor. It was spacious, bright with large corner windows and perfectly adequate.

Restaurants are modern and spacious and with reasonably priced menus. Throughout our stay we only had dinner twice, and that was at the Westin Hotel. As the more formal Bussola Italian Restaurant was completely empty we ate upstairs at the informal Bussola Pizzeria. A large attractive restaurant overlooking the beach its Main course menu is limited to pizzas. Good as they were, the absence of even pasta as an alternative, was just too restricting.  The Thai restaurant,  Spice Emporium, has a wide and varied menu, but the food failed to live up to its promise and was rather bland and uninteresting for my palate.

On our first day we had lunch at Le Meridien's Horizon pool restaurant. We found the food and service to be of a very poor standard.  We had breakfast at Le Meridien's Latest Recipe restaurant. This was the one shining light in the Le Meridien experience. The staff and service could not be faulted. And the quality and variety of food was of the highest standard. .

The pool side area is rather small and cramped with loungers crushed together to form two continuous rows. During our 7 night stay the pool lounge area was constantly in the shade, so no use to sun worshipers. The pool itself is of a reasonable size and although in the sun, it was far too cold to enjoy. It was only heated on Friday and Saturday, I assume, to accommodate the local day visitors. The Westin pools on the other hand were at a lovely temperature.

The gardens and beach area are spacious,  clean and well maintained with an abundance of canopied loungers, offering space, sun and shade as required. The beach adjoins the public beach at the Barasti night club, so it can be a bit noisy at the weekend. Other than handing out towels the beach and pool attendants showed little interest in the few guests around. Rarely did I see them offer assistance to carry towels, find loungers, provide water, ice or cold towels to guests.  None of the little extra touches so common in other Dubai hotels were on offer at Le Meridien.

In my opinion, a good hotel for a short 1/2 night break and for the business traveller, but very disappointing as a resort hotel. The One and Only next door and the nearbye Le Royal Meridien are far superior.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank James L
MSeyahi, General Manager at Le Meridien Mina Seyahi Beach Resort and Marina, responded to this reviewResponded November 24, 2013

Dear James L,
Thank you for taking the time to post your comments about your recent stay with us at Le Méridien Mina Seyahi Beach Resort & Marina.
I am disappointed to hear that your stay did not live up to your expectations and that there were various challenges you have encountered, for which I would like to apologize. I am however pleased to hear that you enjoyed breakfast at Latest Recipe.
Please rest assured that we take all our guest comments seriously and I have discussed your comments with our Front Office Team in order to improve our general guest experience in the future.
Should you wish to return to Dubai, please contact us directly and we will be delighted to assist.

Reviewed November 19, 2013

I haven't stated at the hotel but on a recent visit I was fortunate to spend some time at the hotel as a friend was staying there...wow the staff are amazing and the hotel is much more intimate than bigger hotels in Dubai. I lived it so much I have booked a ten night trip to the hotel in August for my joint honeymoon and 35th birthday, I can't wait to return!!

• Stayed: October 2013
1  Thank Jackie168
MSeyahi, General Manager at Le Meridien Mina Seyahi Beach Resort and Marina, responded to this reviewResponded November 20, 2013

Dear Jackie 168,
Thank you for taking the time to give us your feedback about your recent stay with us and I am delighted to hear that you enjoyed your time in the Resort.
It is especially great to see that our associates assisted you in making your stay as it should be.
We hope that we will be able to welcome you back in the near future

Reviewed November 14, 2013

I travel to Dubai on business 3 or 4 times a year and have stayed in most of the Hotels. Most are like any other Hotel, being in Dubai, all hotels are good and the food etc are usually excellent.

What makes this one stand out is that it's not too big, facilities are excellent and sunset in the Barasti Bar is something special. I always stay there!

Room Tip: Try for ocean front, as high as you can for view of the Palm
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Simon C
MSeyahi, General Manager at Le Meridien Mina Seyahi Beach Resort and Marina, responded to this reviewResponded November 18, 2013

Dear Business Chic,
Thank you for taking the time to give us your feedback about your stay with us and I am delighted to hear that you enjoyed your experience during your time in the Resort.
It is especially nice to hear that you enjoyed our facilites and the sunset at Barasti Bar.
We are looking forward to welcoming you back in the future!

Reviewed November 11, 2013

Stayed at this hotel with my husband and two sons, 16 and 20.
Everything about the hotel was absolutely amazing.
The rooms, the view, the food and the service from all the staff.
We were half board, and were able to try out the different a la carte restaurants at both this hotel, and the sister hotel the Westin next door. You received a daily limit to put towards the bill, but would highly recommend trying them as made a change from the buffet.
Would highly recommend this hotel on all counts, and have nothing negative to say about it!

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank Rahme
Reviewed November 10, 2013

Stayed at this hotel for 5 nights, before heading to Mauritius.
A top choice, with tons of positives:
- amazing rooms
- exceptional breakfast and dinner
- outstanding concierge service
- very good beach and swimming pool area
- very good location (2 minutes by taxi to the Marina, for a night stroll)
After seeing other hotels in other areas, I truly think this is a Location and choice no one will regret.

A country full of contrasts, really worth visiting.

Room Tip: Choose a Club Room, you won't regret it
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed November 5, 2013 via mobile

Stayed here last week October 2013 expecting luxury 5 star dubai hotel like jumeriah beach or Atlantis and meridien minah seyhi is just not in that league. Hotel is ok but has boom boom music most nights from beach bar till 3am which keeps you awake and is real nuisance. Rooms are ok but compact but bathroom very small and cramped. Some staff ok and some staff not. Nice gardens and beach. Major government roadworks outside for some time to come. Fortunately westin hotel, one and only and habtour grand next door. There are better hotels to stay in when visiting dubai for the same money.

• Stayed: October 2013
1  Thank Dbjewitt
MSeyahi, General Manager at Le Meridien Mina Seyahi Beach Resort and Marina, responded to this reviewResponded November 9, 2013

Dear Dbjewitt,
Thank you for sharing your comments about your recent stay with us.
I am sorry to hear that you were disappointed by your stay, and it is true that Le Meridien Mina Seyahi is a much small property than Atlantis or Jumeirah Beach hotel.
I am however happy to read that you liked the outdoor areas, such as the gardens and the beach. I would recommend our sister property The Westin Dubai, which features larger rooms and facilities.
If you wish to return, please do not hesitate to contact us directly.
We hope to be able to welcome you back at The Mina Seyahi Complex in the future,
Best regards,