“ABSOLUTELY FANTASTIC! TOP CLASS HOTEL”

Le Meridien Dubai Hotel & Conference Centre
Ranked #85 of 554 Hotels in Dubai
Reviewed August 11, 2009

We have just come back from a wonderful holiday at Le Meridien in Dubai and thought the hotel and the facilities superb.

On arrival in Dubai we were disappointed that the free shuttle bus was no longer available but transport could be organised at 50 dhs. Having lived in Dubai we knew exactly where the hotel was and jumped in a taxi and within 2 minutes were there which was fantastic.

Our flight got in early in the morning and we knew we were too early to check in but went to the hotel nevertheless, after waiting for an hour and a half we were taken to our room. The staff were very courteous and the receptionist showed us to our room and informed us that we had been upgraded to an "art and tech" room.

The room was extremely clean, spacious and modern. I would have no complaints what so ever about the cleanliness or housekeeping staff, they really were fantastic.

In our room we had a luxurious bathroom complete with power shower and bath. Some people on trip advisor critisised the size of the bathrooms but we found it more than adequate. The room was very modern and had lots of storage, a desk, fridge, mini bar, dvd player, plasma screen, tea/coffee machine, touch screen controls for lights and air con etc. The room was simply perfect, I could have stayed there longer.

With this room you get fresh fruit delivered to your room in the evening which was a nice touch and most appreciated.

The only problem we had in the two weeks we were there was our remote control batteries went for the television. This didn't pose a problem however, after phoning housekeeping someone arrived and fitted the batteries within 5 mins - hows that for service?

We hadn't planned on spending so much time by the poolside but the pool was so inviting and yet again the pool area were well presented and clean. The poolside staff were very friendly and helpful, they really did look after us.

We ate most days at the poolside bar and were never disappointed. We also ate in the Yalumba restaurant a few nights and were very impressed with their special offer (99 dishes for 99dhs), real value for money and everything was so tasty.

We were really happy with the location of the hotel for what we had planned to do in Dubai, I think it is very well located. There is a courtesy bus to Deira City Centre Mall and we had a courtesy bus to take us to the airport when we checked out. The rest of the time we used the readily available taxis outside the hotel which were cheap enough.

If you are thinking of booking this hotel for a holiday or business trip I would highly recommend it. It is without doubt the best hotel I have ever stayed in and will look forward to visiting again in the not to distant future. I guarantee you will not be disappointed.

2  Thank BEARDJOY
LeMeridienDubai, Manager at Le Meridien Dubai Hotel & Conference Centre, responded to this reviewResponded August 12, 2009

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay at the hotel.

We are delighted that your experience was an enjoyable one and look forward to welcoming you again.

With kind regards,

There are newer reviews for Le Meridien Dubai Hotel & Conference Centre

Reviewed August 3, 2009

I had read a lot of positive reviews about Le Meridien hotel before we went so I had very high expectations. Unfortunately the hotel did not meet my expectations. A lot of the reviews mention the complimentaty transfer from airport to hotel but this has now become chargeable (even though the journey is around 2 mins). It's cheaper to take a taxi.
We had arrived quite early in the morning (7am) and our rooms were not ready. The check-in staff were not overly helpful in suggesting what hotel services we could use to pass the time until our rooms were ready. I recalled from some reviews that there was a shopping centre shuttle service from the hotel and when I enquired about this I was told to wait in the lounge area and that I would be notified when the shuttle arrives. After waiting for about 1 hour (there were 2 young children with us so it wasn't easy) I went to check on the bus and was told that it had already come and gone. I wasn't very happy.
Other than that, the rooms were nice and clean although the bathrooms were exceptionally small. We were supposed to get a daily newspaper but this only came on 1 of the 6 days we stayed there, even though I had requested it specifically.
I would only recommend this hotel if you are using it as a stoppover for 1 night as it is so close to the airport. Otherwise, there are much nicer hotels to stay in.

• Stayed: July 2009, traveled with family
LeMeridienDubai, Manager at Le Meridien Dubai Hotel & Conference Centre, responded to this reviewResponded August 4, 2009

Dear Guest,

Thank you for the time spared in giving us your feedback.

Check-in time of the hotel is 2 pm however we facilitate early check-in guests by offering options to use hotel’s recreation facilities i.e., fitness and pools.

A shuttle service every half an hour is available for guests who would like to visit the Shopping malls in Dubai; it seems that this had not been communicated to you effectively.

Please accept our sincere apologies for the inconveniences caused during your stay.

We assure you corrective measures have been taken to avoid any such recurrence.

If you have plans to visit Dubai in the near future; please let us know. We look forward to welcoming you again.

customerservice@lmdubai.com

Reviewed August 1, 2009

As we were arriving early morning and only staying two nights, decided yo just book a normal room. However, we were upgraded to an Art & Tech room which was great. We didn't have the use of the Club but that didn't bother us as we wanted to eat th 99 Dirams buffet antway. We didn't find any problems at all and transfers to the nearby airport went smoothly. Couldn't belive how close we were to the airport but with no noise at all. Would probaly try a hotel at the beach next time to be different but would sugest a stop at this hotel if all you want is a restful stopver for a day or so.

• Stayed: July 2009, traveled as a couple
LeMeridienDubai, Manager at Le Meridien Dubai Hotel & Conference Centre, responded to this reviewResponded August 3, 2009

Dear Guest,

Greetings from Le Méridien Dubai.

We are glad you had a pleasant stay with us and look forward to welcoming you again.

Reviewed July 26, 2009

We stayed at the Le Meridien for 3 nights on our way home from honeymooning in Thailand. We had stayed in Dubai before, hated it, but decided to give it another go at a different hotel. We're glad we did because this time we really appreciated Dubai.
On arrival we were suppose to be sharing transfers to the hotel but were escorted out to a limo. We didn't click we had been upgraded because there was no mention at this point - we just thought we were the only one's arriving from Bangkok that were staying at the hotel and it was easier for them to use the limo rather than a coach.
On arrival we didn't have to go through the usual check in procedures which was very much appreciated because we arrived early morning and were knackered. This is when we realised they had upgraded us to a Royal Club Suite.
If you have the option ungrade as it's definitely worth it.
We had considered it when booking but thought it wouldn't be worth the extra cash but were so wrong.
The rooms are much bigger with more amenities. You also get newspapers delivered, plate of fruit for 2, free internet access, breakfast in a more surile setting privately away from the other guests, free sandwiches, cakes etc from 3pm-4pm, free alcohol between 7pm-8pm (although the staff didn;t really stop serving you the odd top up after 8pm).
The hotel also has the Le Meridien Village next to it and it's great for choice of restaurants.
Would definitely stay here again and would choose the upgrade as I believe the extra cost would be worth it. Staff were excellent.
Also, we received a chilled bottle of wine and large chocolate cake as a honeymoon gift which of course was much appreciated! : )

• Stayed: April 2009, traveled as a couple
LeMeridienDubai, Manager at Le Meridien Dubai Hotel & Conference Centre, responded to this reviewResponded July 26, 2009

Dear Guest,

We at Le Méridien Dubai would like to thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay at the hotel.

With kind regards,

Reviewed July 22, 2009

We stayed as a group of 5 - myself, my 2 daughters aged 21 and 23 and a friend and her daughter. We stayed at Le Meridien Mina Seyahi for 3 nights and then because I loved Le Meridien on the last 2 occasions I booked us in for 1 night in Royal Club rooms.
We did not realise that there was a separate check in area for Royal Club so started off in the main check in area but with complimentary coffee and delicious chocs.
We had arrived at 12.30pm and when we got to the Royal Club area our rooms were not ready so they let us go into the Club Lounge where we had complimentary drinks.
We could not get into our rooms till around 2.30pm. We had stayed in a ground floor room with doors opening onto the pool before so I was a bit disappointed with the location of the Royal Club room. I did find the noise transferrence between rooms quite bad and my daughters who were along the corridor (why did they not put us next to each other when I had booked at the same time over 8 months previously?) were kept awake by noisy children which I would not expect in the Royal Club area.
Bathroom was small as on previous stay but the bed and pillows were as comfortable as ever with good coffee machine and TV.
We went down to the pool and the attendant was not as attentive as on previous occasions but we managed to find enough beds. We then used the swim up bar and ordered cocktails but were not too impressed as the bartender did not know how to make them. He also kept other guests waiting a long time.
We then decided to go for the complimentary afternoon tea which was lovely. Lots of sandwiches, cakes, chocolates etc. The decor of the RC lounge is relaxing and there is a TV lounge area and books and papers, and DVD's you can use in your room.
We then went for a rest in our room and headed back to the lounge for drinks and canapes.
We only had one canape as we were booked into Yalumba for a buffet meal, but you could have as many drinks as you wanted, which were served by a very good barman who treated us like royalty.
The buffet was 99 dirhams for 99 dishes and 15 dirhams for each drink. I must admit I had eaten so much over the last few days I did not have much of an appetite but there was a very good choice and the service was excellent.
We then were tired so went to bed and got our alarm call for 6.00 am.
There was a breakfast available in the RC from 7.00 (possibly 6.30) which was a buffet but also eggs ie eggs benedict with freshly squeezed juices.
We then settled our bill with no problems and got the courtesy transport to the airport.
All in all another excellent stay. I think that what gives it the edge is the courtesy of the staff towards us and makes you feel special. The value for money in the summer months is unbeatable and my only problem now is that we are hoping to go for Easter and it is working out rather more expensive - but for a really relaxing treat you cant beat it.

• Stayed: June 2009, traveled with friends
1  Thank jcorbygas
Reviewed July 20, 2009

Last year I wrote two quite critical reviews of Le Meridien Royal Club. Because of Trip Advisor‘s policy of “one review per contributor per hotel“ these are no longer available to view. Although I had indicated my intention to change to another hotel, in the event I decided to try Le Meridien one further time, and I am delighted to advise on many positive changes.

As background, I have been a regular guest here for the past six years or so, and until late 2007 I couldn’t have been happier. Yes, the room décor is a bit dated, and yes, the bathrooms are small, but the service and extras more than compensated, particularly in view of the reasonable prices even in peak season.

On my recent trip (3 nights, arriving 28 June 2009) I again stayed in a Royal Club room. The chaffeured Terminal 3 pick-up arrangements, previously seemingly non-existent, are now much improved and offer a similar level of service to that available from Terminal 1.

Check-in was in-room at 01:30 and was quick and efficient. Overall, the room was of a reasonable size, with fixtures and fittings in good condition. A desk lamp would be useful; there was no hair conditioner amongst the complimentary toiletries, although both “shampoo“ and “conditioning shampoo“ were supplied. None of the skirt hangers functioned, the clamping bars failing to fully close. These were quickly replaced by housekeeping.

We ate an excellent breakfast daily in the Royal Club Lounge. I‘m pleased to say that the silver cruet sets have been polished since my previous visit, one of the many details which had dissatisfied me. We only used the lounge on one evening for the complimentary cocktail hour; it seems that the hors d’oeuvres are still rationed to one canapé and a bowl of mixed nuts per person.

On the first full evening we ate at “Al Minjana“, the Lebanese restaurant in the Meridien Village. Service was efficient, the cold meze was great. We were divided in our opinion of the hot meze, but united in our dislike of the whole meat course, which was overcooked to the point of inedibility. Personally, I felt that the live music was too loud, making it impossible to converse.

On the second evening we booked a table at the “Fish Market“. On arrival we were quickly shown to our table and presented with a cocktail menu each. We waited a full 15 minutes, repeatedly trying to attract the attention of waiters, then stood to leave, at which a waiter appeared. Telling him that we were totally unimpressed with the level of service, we went to “Yalumba” restaurant where we enjoyed an excellent seafood buffet and prompt waiter service. My only previous visit to the Fish Market was in April 2004, when I recall being singularly unimpressed with the service. I shan‘t bother again!

Generally, service levels throughout the hotel remain high. I still find the Internet expensive, particularly as it used to be complimentary in the Royal Club rooms. One little niggle – a couple of years ago the multiple service buttons on the telephone – housekeeping, reception, room service – were replaced with a single “service“ button. It‘s my feeling that this is less efficient, and disconnects the guest from the staff.

Overall, a much improved stay – I‘m pleased to retract my previous intention to find a new hotel – I‘ll be back!

• Stayed: July 2009, traveled on business
1  Thank FrozenBaz
LeMeridienDubai, Manager at Le Meridien Dubai Hotel & Conference Centre, responded to this reviewResponded July 23, 2009

Dear Guest,

Thank you for the time spared in giving us your feedback; we will take corrective measures accordingly.

We always strive to deliver our guests the highest levels of hospitality.

Hope to welcome you back in the future.

Reviewed July 15, 2009

My partner and i have just returned from a 6 night stay at Le Meridien Dubai, and i cannot say enough good things about this hotel!

We were a bit worried about it being so close to the airport,but we needed have been! You wouldnt even know it was next to an airport!

All the bars and restaurants were excellent, Dubliners is a must!! Pools were great, and the staff couldnt have been more helpfull. Great rooms too!

As i said, i cant say enough good things about this hotel, and we will most definatley be returning in the future.

• Stayed: July 2009, traveled as a couple
LeMeridienDubai, Manager at Le Meridien Dubai Hotel & Conference Centre, responded to this reviewResponded July 15, 2009

Dear Soozy,

Thank you for choosing Le Méridien Dubai for your stay; we are glad you had a great time and look forward to welcoming you again.

We would like to share with you our upcoming promotions and happenings at Le Méridien Dubai; hence would like to know your interest in receiving such information in the future. Please reply to us at customerservice@lmdubai.com

customerservice@lmdubai.com