“Enjoyed My Stay.” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #89 of 545 Hotels in Dubai
Sydney, Australia
“Enjoyed My Stay.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 1, 2014

Staff have been exceptionally friendly and very helpful. Would never normally feel the need to write a review but I wanted to share this, I would strongly recommend this hotel and I have enjoyed my stay. Love the the pool bar and the setting. I will be back to stay again.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled solo
1 Thank Jill761
LeMeridienDubai, General Manager at Le Meridien Dubai Hotel & Conference Centre, responded to this review, August 3, 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review of our hotel and we are delighted to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us.

We appreciate your review and we look forward to welcoming you back in future.

Ranjan Nadarajah

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (999)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Hungarian first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Perth, Australia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 31, 2014 via mobile

We stayed here only for a few hrs due to our flight being rescheduled. We didn't see much as we were so tired, but room and bathroom were nice (we stayed at club room-as were members of Emirates airline). Just before we left we had something to eat-food was good and staff were nice. I would recommend it.

Stayed August 2014
1 Thank KristinaRperth
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review of our hotel and we are delighted to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us in our Club room.

We appreciate your review and we look forward to welcoming you back in future.

New Delhi, India
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 26, 2014

stayed last year but never will go again ... d staff is very poorly behaved.. everyday during breakfast dey treated like dey r doing a favor by serving breakfast... i was travelling with my daughter of 7 yrs .. she vomitted during breakfast and got really unwell.. n instead of helping d staff was uncourteous.. i requested to take away tid bits since she was unable to eat anyth n dey denied ... n then on every morning dey treated us badly.. we had booked for 6 nights but on ourr 4th day we made it quits due to d bad staff of restaurant... guys u have far better choices than to choose dis hotel...

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
      Rooms
      Cleanliness
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank priya14
LeMeridienDubai, General Manager at Le Meridien Dubai Hotel & Conference Centre, responded to this review, July 30, 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your review. We are sorry to learn that your stay was not up to your expectations and that you were disappointed with your stay in the hotel.

We assure you that Le Meridien Dubai is known for its service standards & courteous staff and we are sorry and to hear about your experience. May I request you to send me your contact details directly at wecare.Lmdubai@lemeridien.com so that I can call you to discuss the details and if need be take corrective action.

Once again, our sincere apologies for the untoward experience at our hotel. I do look forward to hearing from you.

London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 25, 2014

Le Meridien club has considered every detail of the guests experience. The staff were really well trained and addressed you by your name which was lovely.I loved the check-in in your room and the tour of all the rooms features. The room was fabulous and really well designed. There were so many considerate details from fresh fruit, dressing room, lighting etc. The food was also super in the hotel. I was amazed on check-out day the trouble the staff went to make this process painless, one of the staff members Mary even saw us off at the airport. I would definitely stay again next time I'm in Dubai.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled on business
      Cleanliness
1 Thank Seod2014
LeMeridienDubai, General Manager at Le Meridien Dubai Hotel & Conference Centre, responded to this review, July 31, 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review of our hotel and we are delighted to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us at the hotel and are pleased with the high level of services our Ambassadors provided you.

We appreciate your detailed review and we look forward to welcoming you back in future.

London, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 22, 2014

The best thing about the hotel is that it is just 5 mins walk from the Terminal building. Great for a layover rest and laze in the pool. It's also 5 mins walk to the Dubai Metro station at the airport, which means its convenient to get around (although cabs are probably easier!)

By Dubai standards, this hotel has seen better days. The look and feel is quite dated, but the staff are very friendly and helpful. Rooms are clean and the pools are not bad.

However for the pools, there was a distinct lack of shade which meant that you couldn't stay around there for too long otherwise you'd burn. I asked the life guard if there were any more umbrellas or sun shades (considering it was 44c!) but his response was "Sadly no, use the pool bar". I'd request to management that they invest more in the protection of their guests...

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with friends
      Rooms
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review of our hotel.

We are delighted to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us. We would like to inform you that we have added 196 brand new rooms to the inventory with king bed.

Thank you for your feedback regarding the hotel sun shades, it has been communicated to the concerned department. We would also like to inform you that we have 5 pools in the hotel of which 3 are new and will be happy to introduce those pools to you on your next visit.

Please feel free to contact us at Wecare.Lmdubai@Lemeridien.com and I will be glad to assist you with any requirement that you may have.

We look forward to welcoming you back in future.

Honolulu, Hawaii
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 21, 2014

Every time I come though Dubai I stay at the Le Meridien right outside the airport. My company puts me up in the Royal Club rooms in their new tower and they are nothing short of amazing, in these rooms they have an amazing jetted tub, a top notch massage chair, rainfall shower head with cool led lighting and wall shower panels, not to mention a TV mirror in the bathroom so you can watch TV while relaxing in the jetted tub. Great place to unwind, good food all around as well, even room service is excellent. Pools are really nice as well, most of them have swim up bars or bars right next to them. Plus really close to the airport and if you schedule ahead of time their executive car will come and pick you up and drop you off when you leave which is really handy so you don't have to roll the dice with the cabs and you can ignore all the non-official cabbies who are known for their shadiness. Highly recommend!

Room Tip: Even though the royal club rooms are more, you get much more for your money. Amazing rooms, privacy...
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled on business
      Sleep Quality
1 Thank AFWXTraveler
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review of our hotel and we are delighted to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us once again at The Royal Club.

Chester, UK
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 20, 2014

Stayed here for 2 nights in July 2014. Overview:
1. Location. When you get out of the airport don't be persuaded to get into one of the black limo taxis - the hotel is NOT walking distance even if it looks it on Google Maps, but it is very close to the airport. Get a standard cream coloured cab which will cost you 20 dirhams....about £3/€5/$5. I was persuaded to get into this lovely black car....fool...same journey of about 1 mile cost me 60 dirhams - so three times as much!!

2. Location (2). If you want proximity to the airport for a connecting flight, and don't intend to do much else in Dubai (lots of people use the airport for stop over only) you won't find a closer hotel, and it is a good quality hotel - not 5 star plus but certainly a decent 4/5 star. However if you are spending any time in Dubai, e.g. more than a single night, the hotel is quite a long way away from Deira, or Jumeriah, The Palm and the main attractions - so you'll pay a lot in taxi fares....in which case I'd stay in one of the hotels nearer downtown Deira or Jumeirah.

3. Cleanliness. The hotel is spotless. The reception/lobby is large, a little dated, but still impressive.

4. Staff. Throughout the hotel, from the bellman at the entrance, to the receptionists, room maids and restaurant staff.....they are all very welcoming and friendly. You cannot be treated better and they want to make your stay enjoyable.

5. The Gym. I workout a lot. This is, without a doubt, the BEST gymnasium I have ever been to in my life. If you are a fan of the gym.....I'd choose this hotel in Dubai over any other even despite my location issue above. The equipment is state of the art. There were many machines I had never seen anywhere else. Life fitness and techno gym - but brand new and great new features like selecting a location to run in around the world and being on video doing the run passing lakes, people, dogs etc....incredible!!! Really nice medicine ball throwing machine for abs. The gym just had everything you could ever want and more. Top class.

6. The spa. Had one massage. Very nice. Male guests will only be massaged by a male....this is Dubai....but it didn't bother me and the treatment was very nice, if a little expensive.

7. Food. Breakfast was terrific - everything you could want from a top hotel, clean, great choice, nice area, spacious etc... Didn't eat in main restaurant. Ate in Dubliner irish bar one night - very cheap, great menu and the food was very good. Nice ambience in there. Built like a British pub and all Sky sports etc....Didn't go to any of the other bars in the hotel but apparently the live music in Jules bar is very good - this was closed when I stayed during Ramadan.

8. Deira. Hot, busy, dirty town. Nothing to do but shop. Barter with everyone! Good prices. Gold souk is worth one visit in your life - but it's just a huge number of jewellers and their prices are NOT cheap! One tip though - if you have any work needed on jewellery/ ring re-size, bracelet alterations etc....bring it here. These people are not only experts, and will do anything to perfection, inside an hour, but the results are amazing....even if you only get your jewellery cleaned here - which I did....it will look better than when you bought it new!!! I had mine cleaned for next to nothing financially and I literally said WOW when it came back.....I have a proper jewellery cleaner at home - but this was another level - the jewellery looked like it had just been made!!!!

9. Hotel pool area. Bit small. The pools (2) are nice but quite crowded and the beds are in a crescent shape - which meant that you couldn't move them around to face the sun as its position changed - which I didn't like. Pools are very clean and well maintained.

10. One tiny issue - nothing is signposted at this hotel!! I had to constantly ask where the gym, spa, restaurants, etc....all where located!!! Great and helpful staff - but a bit odd not to signpost sufficiently. It didn't spoil my stay though.

Overall - a good stay, great gym, comfortable rooms. I'd stay again.

Room Tip: All are quiet. I was in 2140 - middle of corridor on first floor. Good floor to be on as there is...
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled solo
      Sleep Quality
4 Thank MJMChester_UK
LeMeridienDubai, General Manager at Le Meridien Dubai Hotel & Conference Centre, responded to this review, July 23, 2014
Dear Guest,

We now have 5 outdoor swimming pools to choose from. The latest swimming pool has just been opened a few days ago at our new Royal Club wing of the hotel.

Thank you for your valuable feedback on the hotel signage’s. We are pleased to let you know that we are enhancing directions to various facilities of the hotel.