“Really nice hotel”

Ranked #90 of 545 Hotels in Dubai
Bangalore
“Really nice hotel”
Reviewed March 13, 2013

In case of a long lay over Emirates puts up their flyers in this hotel and that is how I got to experience the hotel. The Hotel is very very nice and the rooms are wonderful and spacious. I have stayed twice in the hotel. The first time I sampled the buffet breakfast which is very nice. The 2nd time I went to their Restuarants - Sukhothai which was just amazing thai food. The service of the hotel is very good. You ask for anything and the thing is at your door in 2-3 minutes. They have a very fancy coffee machine but I could never operate it.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
LeMeridienDubai, General Manager at Le Meridien Dubai Hotel & Conference Centre, responded to this review, March 21, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for sparing time and posting your review of our hotel on TripAdvisor. It is a delight to know that you had an incredible stay with us and enjoyed the buffet breakfast at Yalumba restaurant and particularly enjoyed your dinner in our Sukhothai.

We are pleased you enjoyed our hospitality and found our ambassadors to be attentive and accommodating.

We hope to have another opportunity to welcome you back to Le Meridien Dubai.

Yours sincerely,

Ranjan Nadarajah

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,033)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Hungarian first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Northumberland, England, UK
Reviewed March 13, 2013

Was given this hotel as a complimentary stopover when Emirates decided to cancel a flight we we supposed to be on.
When we checked in at 3am the gentleman on check-in informed us that he would give us an alarm call in 2 hrs - at 5am. We informed him he was incorrect, that our flight had been cancelled and it was the FOLLOWING day we would require the call. He clearly did not believe us, made some phone calls then waved us away to our room.
As soon as we opened the door the smell of smoke was overpowering. Our daughter has asthma and breathing problems so we asked to be moved but we were told that as it was Xmas there were no other rooms available. There was nothing for it but to put up with what we had been given. We weren't looking for a free upgrade - just a clean, smoke free room!
Once in the room I found a full ashtray and an empty packet of cigarettes, which I found totally unacceptable since the room clearly had not been cleaned properly.
Then into the tiny (and desperately in need of an update) bathroom, it was filthy. We found numerous black curly hairs (enough said) all over the place - really most distasteful and disgusting.
Then just as we had managed to get off to sleep, having given my daughter extra medication just in case the smoke made her worse, we were given the alarm call at 5am! Worse thing was that no matter how many times I picked the telephone up the line was dead, then when I replaced it it started ringing again. This went on for some time until I managed to find a gap which gave me the time to phone the front desk and ask them to stop. Then they forgot to give us the correct alarm call!
Also during both nights there was non-stop noise outside. Now I realise that this is a transit hotel and the part we were in was exclusively for Emirates customers, so there is going to be some degree of coming and going, but I'm talking about people shouting, running, talking loudly, doors banging etc.
If I am ever on another Emirates flight (debatable) and they cancel again, I think we will make our own accommodation arrangements - dreadful place.
We did see the Royal Club and I dare say this would be nicer, but I base this review on the room we were given.
We have stayed in many 5star hotels, including in Dubai, and this is not anywhere near the standard of a 5star hotel in my opinion - much more like a 3 star.
I would have to be fair and say that the breakfast was outstanding however.

Room Tip: Just spend your hard earned cash somewhere else!
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank Northumberland-lady
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your review. I am deeply sorry to hear that your stay was let down by our rooms and the service received from our ambassadors. We have noted your feedback and it has been communicated to the concerned departments to improve our service standards.
Our Classic rooms would be undergoing renovation in the upcoming months and we look forward to welcoming you back to Le Méridien Dubai in the near future.

As our valued guest, we would also like to offer you a free upgrade to our newly renovated Superior Deluxe rooms on your next visit to Dubai. We would appreciate if you can channel your next reservation through wecare.lmdubai@lemeridien.com.

Once again, thank you for your feedback.

Tampa, Florida
Reviewed March 12, 2013

As every traveler knows, not every stay is perfect. The beginning of my stay at Le Meridien was less than perfect. I had requested an early check-in, but due to a convention it was not available. The Royal Club staff went out of their way to make sure I had breakfast and a shower while waiting for my room to be ready. I suppose hanging out at the pool really isn't a hardship. I was rather disappointed that the internet service to the entire hotel was down. The staff were excellent in keeping me informed, and it was back up in a few hours. I received a complimentary dinner in return.
The hotel itself is wonderful. Three pools, numerous restaurants and a very helpful friendly staff. Even with the bumpy start, i gladly rate this place a five.

Room Tip: The Royal Club upgrade is really worth it.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled solo
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to post a review of your recent stay with us. We were pleased to hear that although you arrived a little earlier than the usual check in time, our ambassadors made you comfortable whilst preparing your room. We apologize for the inconvenience caused in regards to the internet connectivity.

The size and the layout of the hotel spread over 38 acres with landscaped gardens, 4 swimming pools and 18 Food & Beverage outlets gives our guest an experience of being in a city resort hotel and is one of the key unique features of the hotel.

Once again, thank you for your feedback and we do hope that we will be able to welcome you back to our hotel in the near future.

Bergen, Norway
Reviewed March 9, 2013 via mobile

I only stayed a day because Emirates booked me in overnight for my next flight connection. I was impressed by the size of the room, the small garden outside (ground level), bathroom and the amenities and then the grand breakfast. Everything was seamless and fast, the staff were incredibly nice and pleasant and I was made feel like a royalty. The room was too clean and there was an excess of pillows, robes, towels etc. but that's their image and I guess what their guests expect. I was utterly impressed. No idea what the price of that luxury was, yet if this is less important for you and you're prime objective of the Dubai stay is the airport, than this is THE choice.

• Stayed March 2013
LeMeridienDubai, General Manager at Le Meridien Dubai Hotel & Conference Centre, responded to this review, March 18, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for the wonderful review. It is great delight to know that you had an amazing stay with us and found the rooms to be spacious and very well-appointed, enjoyed the sumptuous buffet breakfast and above all the service offered by our staff.

Thank you once again for you gracious comments and we hope to have to pleasure of welcoming you back in the not too distant future.

Kandahar, Afghanistan
Reviewed March 9, 2013

I often times fly through Dubai to get to and from my final vacation destination. This time I had to arrive in Dubai at 6 am and check out at 8 PM in order to catch a flight so i was not going to stay over night. The staff and management allowed me to do early check in so that I could get some rest prior to the flight. I was told that if they have available rooms this is possible but there is a chance you may not be able to if the hotel is fully booked i believe. I always try to book online with Le Meridien on airport road due to its great location, staff friendliness, and willingness to assist in situations. When I came in Cherry at reception was willing to look up to see if there was a room available that I could check into and she was able to set me up in one at 0700. On top of all this the hotel is great, has many restaurants, a few pools to include one with a bar inside it and the rooms are nice. I definitely recommend staying at Le Meridien on Airport road.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank Yolacjohn
LeMeridienDubai, General Manager at Le Meridien Dubai Hotel & Conference Centre, responded to this review, March 17, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to write about your stay with us. We are delighted to know that we met your expectations and pleased to note our ambassadors were able to accommodate your early check-in request. It is very encouraging to know that you found the level of service to be exceptional.

Thank you for your personal recommendations and we look forward to welcoming you back again in the not too distant future.

Leicester, United Kingdom
Reviewed March 8, 2013

Close to the airport, Bur Durbai and the Creek, is ideal for the business traveller and OK for the holiday maker. Rooms are good, staff are helpful, choice of pools and variety of eating establishments. I think it is only rated 3 star, may be wrong but service well exceeds that of any comparable 3 or 4 star UK hotel. Use the hotel shuttle service for the short trip from the airport, reserve at time of booking. Choice of leisure pools and a pool for the more serious swimmer, comprehensive gym facilities. Several eating establishments including, Thai, Lebanese, Italian, Indian, Japenses, Fish,Steakhouse, Irish Bar and Others. Some building work going on at present, but noise was not an issue on my visit. Taxi fares are cheap, so although not ideally located for many tourist attractions, visits to shopping malls etc are not a problem. Irish village next to Dubai Tennis Club is only just over the road.

Room Tip: Go for at least Art & Tech, Royal Club if you can afford it. Get a garden facing room, many on t...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Dear Guest,

Thank you for a positive review on our hotel. We are delighted to know you had an excellent stay with us, found our central location to be beneficial and were impressed the overall product & ambience of the hotel.

We are also pleased to note you enjoyed our food offerings. Our vast choice of 18 distinctly styled restaurants and bars offer a sophisticated blend of Thai, Italian, Japanese, Cantonese, Szechuan, and seafood cuisines.

Thank you for staying with us and we hope to welcome you back again soon.

Yours sincerely,

Wiltshire, United Kingdom
Reviewed March 5, 2013

Cannot understand a couple of recent reviews here that criticise - this is a great hotel, with great staff whose sole aim is to make guests happy, relaxed, and enjoy themselves. can only assume these people had not travelled well. When the staff appear to enjoy doing just that, so much the better. Very professional, always a smile, polite, always there when needed, but never intrusive, happy to meet all requests I made, including tourist arrangements, so I have been very impressed on business stays since 2004, so now travel here for pleasure. Noticeable also that staff remain here, always a good sign.
We stayed with Royal Club facilities, and the staff could not have been more helpful, from Reception where the girls made everyone very welcome, through to the Club lounge, where the staff are happy to engage in pleasant conversation, but where no-one is forgotten, even when it is busy - and where even the trainee provided excellent service - not a trainee for much longer I think.
The hotel's Duty Manager Charie took a personal interest in ensuring our sightseeing and tourist requests were fully met, with a great car and driver who looked after us very well at a very reasonable cost - on balance private was cheaper than the normal tourist deals with coaches or minibuses, if you've an idea where you'd like to go. Even the Transport Manager was on hand on our return to ask if all had been OK.
Tried some of the hotel's other restaurants this time - there are many - and again impressed with choice, service and quality of food. If you're going to stay more than a couple of days, get the hotel's Gourmet card which has vouchers for complimentary meals in some of their restaurants, and discounts at others.
Although there is some building work with the hotel's new extension, this is outside the main hotel and current expansive grounds (much better than some of the seafront 'envelopes'), and the noise didn't intrude upon our enjoyment of the pools and gardens, with excellent service from the pool staff and lifeguards, who again did everything to make our stay relaxing and enjoyable.
Will be going back to re-charge the batteries as soon as possible.

Room Tip: Requests can be made for a room which opens out onto a pool and garden area - some are more expensiv...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends
Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for posting such a wonderful review of our hotel through Tripadvisor. We are delighted to hear that you had an enjoyable stay and found services & facilities at the hotel to be top notch.

We hope to welcome in the near future. In the meantime, if there is anything we can do to assist you; please do not hesitate to contact us directly at wecare.lmdubai@lemeridien.com.