“short and sweet” 4 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #88 of 544 Hotels in Dubai
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
“short and sweet”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 6, 2012

we stayed in the royal suite for 2 nights. as we enter the hotel with the limousine, we were greeted by names. we were brought straight to the room.

room is a bit old fashion but it has everything from ironing board and iron to bidet in the bathroom. (although bidet is so old fashion....)

i like the fact that we have our own swimming pool. we didn't have to go through the lobby to get there. the sliding door from the room allows us to access the pool.

breakfast and happy hour is also my favourite. the spread of food at the club room is awesome.

Room Tip: get yourself upgraded to the Royal Suite....if not the Presidential suite.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
LeMeridienDubai, General Manager at Le Meridien Dubai Hotel & Conference Centre, responded to this review, October 8, 2012
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking time to share your review. We are glad you had a wonderful stay at our hotel and enjoyed the benefits of the Royal Club Lounge, particularly the extensive breakfast selection at the Club Lounge.

Most of our rooms have floor-to-ceiling glass windows providing a garden or pool view and many of which have direct access to the outdoor terrace and pool area.

Thank you once again and we look forward to welcome you back in future.

Ranjan Nadarajah

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (997)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Hungarian first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Berlin, Germany
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 4, 2012

I had about 10 stays in this hotel and was never disappointed. Great restaurants, always a friendly and efficient service, rooms are spacious and perfectly clean, close to the airport without having the typical airport noise, manyfold entertainment in the evenings. Customer Services Manager Antony Mahaga greets returning guests by name and remembers their room preferences. There are some more expensive hotels in Dubai, but none of them offers better service. After my recent stays here I feel like at home.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank zf34bu8q
LeMeridienDubai, General Manager at Le Meridien Dubai Hotel & Conference Centre, responded to this review, October 6, 2012
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your wonderful comments and compliments. We are truly glad to hear that you had a great time at our hotel and enjoyed the facilities & services on offer. It is a pleasure to note that our ambassadors really looked after with a particular mention Antony Mahaga. Your kind comments shall certainly be shared with him and the entire team.

Once again thank you for your kind words and we hope to welcome you back soon.

Newton Aycliffe, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 3, 2012

Whilst there is no doubt that the public areas of this hotel are VERY impressive, I was bitterly disappointed by my bedroom..... before you read this please note that I am not difficult to please and I am not a tree hugger!

Reception
I was greeted out of my taxi and helped with my luggage to check in. Reception was vast and had a number of different help stations, such as Concierge, Customer Services, Duty Manager, etc, plus a lot of staff waiting around to help you. There was a little shop which sold souvenirs (junk) as well as some basic toiletries. There was a bar are and later on a band were playing music.

I was helped to my room, down a corridor where some renovations were goin on. You could tell the better areas of the hotel as the carpets were better down some corridors than others. The bell boy offered to explain the features of my room but I declined.

Bedroom
Whilst the bedroom was clean, it felt ancient. There was wood panelling on the walls with fabric inserts. I guess it had not been decorated since the hotel was built. I had a pool view but no balcony. The bathroom (imagine wood inserts on your taps) was very dated with some signs of mildew. The lighting was very poor around the bath/shower (combined) area. The shower I had on the evening was fine but the one I had at 5am the next morning was FREEZING. There were plenty of towels and some free toiletries. There was once of those odd square hair dryers with a hose which was about as useful as having someone blow on you.
The facilities in the bedroom included Mini bar with the usual alcohol and snacks, safe, robes and slippers, iron and ironing board, dressing table , free bottles water etc.
Everything was fine just very very old and for a 5* hotel it felt more like a 3* bedroom.
The turn down service came and put the lamps on, replenished toiletries (forgetting the shampoo) and put down a mat, I assume was for prayer.

What I was genuine surprised about was the amount of paper items that were in my room or given to me during my stay.

It started with a welcome envelope containing, key, key card, comments card with envelope, a card telling me that my key had been designed by someone and to go and see their exhibition – all of which was then duplicated in my room with added writing paper, envelopes, memo pads, TV guides, DVD guides, instructions for the mini bar etc. It was all just too much, everywhere I turned there was paper. Like I said Im not a tree hugger but I think they should give some consideration to the volume of junk you are provided.

Dining
There were 18, yes 18 restaurants to chose from, most of which were situated in one area in a village style with a performance area in the middle. There as Chinese, Thai, Japanese, a carvery the Dubliners pub, a patisserie etc... I opted for the Thai and was not disappointed. It was really well decorated and had a nice vibe to it. I thought it bizarre that I was offered an iPad instead of a menu (given the prior penchant for paper) but ordered the Red Chick Curry. I asked for ‘hot’ but in hindsight should have asked for medium. It was served very quickly and was delicious.

Pool
When I arrived there were some people sat in the swim up bar by the pool but by the time I ventured out it was dark, the pool are (of which there was at least 2) was very nice, clean and well equipped.

Getting to the airport
I was surprised there was no free shuttle, I could have had the hotel car for 30aed which I said I would but when I went to get it the doorman ordered me a taxi instead which was only 10aed, and came as quick as was sat at the bottom of the drive!

Summary
Considering that this is a airport hotel the facilities were really good, but the bedroom was a letdown and not worth the price tag, which is why I’ve given this 3* as I only half got what I paid for!

Room Tip: dont stay there!! or at the very least upgrade!
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
Kent
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 2, 2012

I stayed in Le Meridien Airport Hotel on a business trip for two days mid-September, having driven through from Abu Dhabi. Valet parking service on arrival was quick and efficient, and the valet service all the way from stepping out the vehicle through check in to settling into the room was helpful, polite and friendly. Check in was quick and effortless with very efficient and immaculately presented reception staff.
The room was large and comfortable with all the amenities you would expect in a very good hotel. The view onto the garden was fine, with even a table and chairs to chill outside with a coffee, and the room was very quiet. No noise at all from other guests or externally. The Coffee maker was first class, (I love strong coffee in the morning) and was also free. I had stayed in the Rocco Forte Hotel in Abu Dhabi only 2 days previously and they actually had a service charge for what was a complimentary service from Le Meridien.
The hotel has a really excellent selection of restaurants and bars, and I had more than enough choice available within the Hotel complex to have absolutely no reason to go into town in the evening. The “Dubliners” Bar was certainly my favorite. Good Irish Pub, with Football on a large screen TV in the evening. The swimming pool looked great, with a tempting swim-up bar, but unfortunately as I was on business and tied up all day I never really had the opportunity to use them. Next time maybe.
I slept very well in the Hotel, and although it is adjacent to the Airport, I cannot say I even noticed any noise in the slightest. The bed was really comfortable, I slept really soundly, but I have to say I disliked the paper thin pillows. The bathroom was very clean, and the shower hot and powerful. The room staff even went to the effort of laying out all my toiletries in a “user friendly” array, which was definitely a nice touch. The hairdryer was my pet hate, as it was one of the old fashioned style wall mounted blowers. That was a bit of a disappointment really, as everything else was pretty much top class.
The staff in the bars, restaurants, and the entire general house staff were very polite, cheerful and friendly, and only too willing to assist and offer directions and advice. Great staff makes for a great hotel, and this Hotel should be very proud of its staff. Check out was flawless, and Valet service outstanding, to the point of being almost overwhelming. The staff can’t seem to do enough for you and make sure you are very well looked after.
I had an excellent stay in Le Meridien, and wouldn’t hesitate to stay there again. I would certainly recommend this Hotel to any colleagues and friends. I look forward to staying there again on business. Great Hotel, terrific Staff.

• 5 of 5 bubbles
LeMeridienDubai, General Manager at Le Meridien Dubai Hotel & Conference Centre, responded to this review, October 4, 2012
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to write a detailed review of your recent stay with us.

We were delighted to read that you found the service at the hotel to be effortless and that every member of staff that you came into contact with contributed to an enjoyable stay. Your kind comments regarding our team are very much appreciated and will be shared accordingly

The size and the layout of the hotel, spread over 38 acres with landscaped gardens, with 4 swimming pools and 18 Food & Beverage outlets gives our guest an experience of being in a city resort hotel and is one of the key unique features of the hotel.

Thank you for your personal recommendations and we look forward to welcoming you back again in the not too distant future.

globalflyereal
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 2, 2012

Le Meridien Dubai is located almost adjacent to Terminal 1 at Dubai Int'l Airport. However you would never know it as it is an oasis! Not one sound from the airport could be heard! Amazingly they offer something like 16 bars and restaurants from all shapes and sizes! The staff were very friendly upon check-in and the room was large and nice. There is construction all around but I was not bothered. There was quite a mix of leisure and business travellers. A large fruit plate and afternoon tea arrived in my room less than 5 minutes after I checked in...all complimentary. This is an excellent location and perfect for time away from the airport.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Dear Guest,

We are delighted to hear that you had an excellent stay at our hotel and enjoyed the room & amenities on offer, our restaurants, the food and the service provided by our ambassadors. Above all we are happy to know you liked location of the hotel even though close to the airport you found it an Oasis of relaxation.

Thank you for staying with us and we look forward to welcome you back in the near future. In the meantime, if there is anything we can do to assist you; please do not hesitate to contact us directly at wecare.lmdubai@lemeridien.com.

Dubai, United Arab Emirates
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 1, 2012

I must have stayed more than 30 times at Le Meridien airport Dubai , and have always found a high level of service and extreme kindness from the staff. Not to mention the unique dining experience you can have with lots of restaurants just within walking distance . Lobby is quiet though with a lovely atmosphere and nice snacks . Service here again is smooth and perfect.

• 5 of 5 bubbles
LeMeridienDubai, General Manager at Le Meridien Dubai Hotel & Conference Centre, responded to this review, October 3, 2012
Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing Le Meridien Dubai as your preferred hotel. We are delighted to read that you have been impressed with the overall quality of our product and service extended throughout the hotel.

Once again, thank you very much for your kind words and we certainly look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Bomdila, India
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 30, 2012

Perfect Check in with a personalized service … we have been upgraded to executive club room & escorted direct to the room from the airport …from the check in time till the check out time (Almost 3 day’s )was well taken care of by the staff, Special thanks to Imad & mary

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Warsha A
LeMeridienDubai, General Manager at Le Meridien Dubai Hotel & Conference Centre, responded to this review, October 2, 2012
Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for taking the time to share your experience. We are very pleased to hear that we met your expectations and hope you had a memorable time with us.

Sincere thanks for your kind words and please be assured we will continue strive to meet our guest’s expectations. Your comments shall certainly be passed on to the ambassadors who have contributed to making your stay with us a memorable one.

Thank you once again and we hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you back in the near future.