“Terrible Service”

Ranked #434 of 545 Hotels in Dubai
Quebec City, Canada
“Terrible Service”
Reviewed August 24, 2012

I went to this hotel last month and this was a horrible decision.
This hotel does not deserve the price they're asking for. The staff is very rough, not friendly.
The room was not in a good condition such as a bad smell, cockroach and bugs inside the room.
The parking lot is very small so if you guys have a big car won't be the best place to park in.
One good side of this hotel would be their pizza...it is indeed delicious!
I would recommend this hotel for mostly people traveling by their own, people that don't care about the hotel service and the sanitary condition of the room...no couples and no family would have fun in this hotel !!

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank Meg M

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates
Reviewed August 8, 2012

The hotel was convenient for its location, being relatively near to the airport, although the area is a bit crowded. Being during Ramadan, we wanted an apartment near to the shops, with a rooftop swimming pool and this hotel ticked all these boxes. The car parking was included in the price, which was very handy as everywhere around there is pay and display street parking. The cleanliness is great, especially for a three star, with room cleaning taking place twice a day. In general the service is close to perfect. The crowded area means you can't really expect much in the area of views and vistas. On the down side I'm also going to mention the very dated decor (in need of some designer tlc) and the potential serious security issues the hotel has:

1. the safe in our room was not working, and even if it would have been working it was loose (not bolted at all to the wall), so not much point depositing any valuables inside. Unfortunately we ended up carrying our passports, cards and cash with us at all times, even to the pool.
2. when I came to the room from the poo l one day it appeared the cleaning was in progress. On our floor all the room doors were open, including ours and no staff was in sight ANYWHERE around. All our belongings, including laptops, kindle, phones etc were directly accessible to anyone would have passed along the corridor at that time.
3. my visa cc got used illegally (be someone else) after I have faxed my cc details to Ramee Apartments, as requested by them. Even if to me this was very risky, I still faxed it to them and expected it will be retained in the safest and most restricted location. However at our check out it turns out my details were stored in a sliding drawer in an unlocked press accessible to anyone who was in reception. Luckily my visa cc got blocked by my bank. Although I requested Ramee Apartments an explanation more than week ago, no answer was provided by the hotel so far.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank WexTex
Manila, Manila, Philippines
Reviewed April 16, 2012

After spending 2 nites at Ramee Hotel Apartment we were happy with the accommodations and staff. We were somewhat perplexed by the negative reviews we had earlier read. We found the room to be clean, comfortable, good shower, fully furnished. The staff were helpful and friendly and we actuallly enjoyed the ambiance and feel of the area. It was enjoyable to experience the real Dubai.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
4 Thank Lovely T
Winnipeg, Canada
Reviewed February 29, 2012

We stayed at the Ramee Hotel in Dubai after looking at it on Expedia. The pictures in the ad showed a very nice hotel, and they claim its a 4 star, so we paid $100 USD per night, As soon as we walked into our room we were horrified. The first thing was the smell. It reeked of some kind of cooking so bad, and they kept spraying air fresheners, which probably made it worse. It was also the dirtiest hotel I've ever stayed in. All the couches and chairs were stained and had things caked onto them, they were also extremely uncomfortable. They put clean sheets on the fold out couch and I still didn't want to sleep on it because the part where my head went was so dirty. The floors had visible splatter marks all over them, and were sticky, The cabinets were all super sticky, and literally had red sauce splattered all over them. The handles were super sticky. The bathrooms had no towels or toilet paper, and they smelled horrible and weren't cleaned. The roof is full of mold. Also, the internet, which costs $15 USD per night is sooooo slow. This place in my opinion is a dump. The only good thing is that there is allot of restaurants around, and its only 15-20 minutes from the airport and the Burj Khalifa. Would NOT recommend.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Mikkel G

Travelers are raving about these Dubai hotels

Gineva
Reviewed December 8, 2011

The only thing I liked of this hotel was the bed, everything else was terrible..
It's not clean as you would expect from a 4 star hotel;
Staff is very rude and can't even speak a good English;
The location is bad: far from everything and it's just in front of a Mosque, that transmits prayers 24/7 from giant speakers..very annoying when you're trying to sleep!
Worst toilet I've ever seen, and I've been travelling for months sleeping in hostels everywhere..
I would definitively not come back to this hotel, and I would not come back to Dubai either..

• Stayed December 2011, traveled solo
Muscat
Reviewed April 30, 2011

Stayed there at the end of April. The staff were helpful and front desk staff were kind enough to allow me early check-in and late checkout. Thats where the GOOD ends.

The BAD - as soon as i entered the hotel, i could smell this pungent smell of cooking food which came from the restaurant right next to the lobby. It was horrible smell and not an inviting one. Secondly on going to the room, i noticed everything in the room was so outdated and unbelievably old. Right from the tv, to the bed, to the sofa seats to the linen and curtains, everything was old. I took a tour to the gym and there too all equipment was from the 1980s. The pool was the only refreshing thing about the hotel.

The hotel is situated right next to a mosque. Can be uncomfortable if you're looking for a deep sleep.

Overall, although i was there for a day for a "pleasure" trip, and the price was inviting, i wouldn't go there again. Im sure there are many other hotels around worth the higher price,.

Room Tip: Email the hotel, and they should help with discont
  • Stayed April 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Abs05
Stuttgart, Germany
Reviewed March 24, 2011

We took a triple, the third bed was a sofa bed, with a worn-out mattress. Unfriendly and impotent staff: they gave an envelope deposited for me to the WRONG person even though my name was written on it. Bloody idiots
Room was large, but bathroom was rather moldy. The water was only medium pressure and lukewarm. Alright for two nights, but not for more.
They have free parking out back, which is quite nice in Dubai.

• Stayed March 2011, traveled with friends