“great location, beds comfortable, staff could improve engagement skills”

Regent Beach Resort
Ranked #417 of 550 Hotels in Dubai
Portsmouth, United Kingdom
“great location, beds comfortable, staff could improve engagement skills”
Reviewed April 12, 2014

i was greeted by a very nice security guard who sorted out my parking and luggage, then it took 4 people 20 minutes to check me in with lots of things they could not do, it was late, so i just wanted to go to sleep!!!
breakfast is plentiful with no surprises, but make sure you eat it within the specified time or you will be charged again (i was listening to a man checking out having an argument about being 10 minutes late for breakfast, so he was charged as another meal. just one example of the culture here of winning the argument not the business!!!
the hotel is overlooking the public beach in Jumeirah One, so very convenient, close the the mosque and lime tree cafe ….
i asked for a quiet room as i believe it can be noisy on weekends with music and diners, so i had a room in the centre of the hotel, with hardly any light. i had asked for non smoking, but it did smell a bit strange, i don’t think they actually link up any requests you may make prior to checkin. the beds are comfortable, room is adequate, the safe did not work and i eventually found the remote control for the TV under the bed.
this place is probably worth the hassles due to the location - if you can get an on line deal with booking.com or similar

Room Tip: see if you can get one with a view of beach, but make sure not a noisy one
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
1 Thank debutaunt

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
  • Polish first
uk
Reviewed November 5, 2013 via mobile

This has to be the worst hotel. Don't believe the picture it really is a shady place. The name lulls you into a false since of security it is far from regent. Careful on the beach as my husband was followed by secret police because he was walking and it was a day when men were not allowed. Wish we had chosen an hotel with its own beach, safer.

• Stayed February 2013
1 Thank sassie319

Travelers are raving about these Dubai hotels

Kingston-upon-Hull, United Kingdom
Reviewed August 26, 2013

A bit of a shady place in reality. Only a couple of rooms (may Have) had a view. Our and others I saw looked out onto a wall. What was outstanding was the breakfast, omelettes cooked whilst you wait were tremendous. Staff was ok but too busy 'looking good' rather than looking after customers. They all thought taxi drivers knew where the hotel is. Wrong, even with the Hotel's business card, taxi drivers were unable to find it. You know when you get complimentary beverages? e.g. coffee sachets, tea bags etc. This hotel does not cater for people who like milk in their drinks - unless you pay room service rates for it. The swimming pool was small but well maintained but the gym was grimy. Oil on apparatus not cleaned off and an attendant too busy on his smart phone to answer your queries. Oh and don't try to get a cup of water from the machine in the gym, they pounce on you as if you'd stolen the crown jewels. All in all, except for the breakfasts, swimming pool and good air conditioning, a bad place to stay.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Adrian C
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed May 31, 2013

Regent Beach Resort , hotel with very good location . But the pic showing are not correct .
Got very small swimming pool and room odour is very bad.
For Breakfast , very limited choice .
Very Good location as close to Jumeira beach.

Be careful of min cab drivers in Dubai as they con passengers and they will take you to longer route to make more money.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank DeepakC515
Al Ain, Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates
Reviewed April 5, 2013

The location is great, right in front of the Jumeirah Beach. I did have a hard time finding it though mainly because of the many one way road that do not lead to the hotel. If you are using a GPS, type Ali Baba Restaurant and that should do it. The rooms were basic but very peaceful. The staff is very friendly.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled solo
2 Thank Najd B
Manchester, United Kingdom
Reviewed March 12, 2013

I holidayed with my wife & infant child.

On day 1 a pipe burst in my room which led to on going issues of damp , leaking pipes, wet carpets and the inherent health and safety dangers to my family.

My attempts to resolve the various problems I have faced has not been successful.

I appreciate the manager is a busy man but I don't understand why he was only able to speak to me once during my stay & no one else has been devolved this matter.

I have not had the best experience especially given the health and safety concerns I have had to deal with in the room along with my 7 month old child.

The offer of a different room could not be accepted as the only room to fit the same criteria is above the noisy restaurant and even in room 205 my child was struggling to sleep.

We have also had numerous issues with certain staff who in my opinion should not be in a reception role given their lack of customer care.

Please note that the manager did compensate us £70 but given we had paid £800 for the hotel we felt this was not acceptable.

If I had known the matter would be on going in my final day on holiday I would have left on the Monday [day 2 of my stay] to another hotel . I only stayed because of the promise to resolve this matter promptly and the fact that they refused to give my money back.

Also i had booked a hotel in Jumeirah & thus had no intention to stay in Bur Dubai [little India as it is known locally (location of their other hotel offered to me by them)].

If they could not accommodate my request for a requisite room then as i advised you on day 2 of my stay, my monies should have been returned to me & thus i would have been allowed to book a room elsewhere.

Staff also stole from us.

My wife saw staff person named Tilak come into my room to assist in taking my bags to the lobby but the first thing on entering my room he did was check the mini fridge.

I left my luggage at the hotel and realised later I had left the chocolates (a gift for my family as these are not available in the uk).

On my return to the hotel to take my luggage to the airport I asked tilak if he had saw the chocolates in the fridge, his exact reply was "small child took them". He made this comment in front of my wife and at least 3 staff members including reception staff.

When I queried this further with reception 10 minutes later, I was advised tilak had thrown the chocolates out.

I called the Police in case anything else had been stolen but the staff member went missing

The hotel manager replied back to me with this, "With reference to the chocolate issue we do not keep any eatables left over after guest check out and apart from that any valuables or non perishable materials can be entered in the log book and return to the guest according to the procedures. The term... using that Tilak has stolen the chocolates is inappropriate."

Except the theft & hazardous room the location was brillant.

Room Tip: Dont bother
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family