“First Rate Hotel - Again!”

Regent Beach Resort
Ranked #428 of 545 Hotels in Dubai
Cheshire, Connecticut
“First Rate Hotel - Again!”
Reviewed May 31, 2012

After reading some of the recent negative reviews about this hotel, I am pleased to say that our 2nd experience there was just as good as our first last year! Read my review from last year:

Once again we found the hotel to be wonderfully located with excellent service and very reasonable rates. Yes, the restaurant there can be noisy, but we had a room on the main floor next to the restaurant, and the noise was barely audible. There is nothing, I repeat nothing, more pleasurable (short of you know what!!!) than going for a swim in the Persian Gulf (just a few yards away from the hotel) in the morning before breakfast! Although the temps were already in the high 80s (F) at 8am, the water was clean and refreshing. Yes the breakfast is not what Americans are used to, but this is an Arab country so the "beef bacon" (which tastes a lot like corned beef) is to be expected. The hummus they serve is wonderful, and the dates are delicious!

Unlike some of the other reviewers, we found cabs to be plenitful and cheap in Dubai. I would, however, advise readers to be careful of hiring taxi service from the fellow at the tour desk in the lobby of the hotel. He was not terribly knowledgeable about tourist attractions (other than the ones he was selling), and he charged us twice what a regular taxi did to get to the Heritage Village in Dubai.

Would we ever stay there again if travelling to Dubai? You bet we would!!!!!

• Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
3 Thank Leonardas_P

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
  • Polish first
Homestead, Florida
Reviewed May 24, 2012

I stayed at the RBR in April 2012, and I regret ever stepping foot in it. I booked a two-week stay but had to check out after two nights given a host of problems. I won't detail all of them, but here's a sample: (1) the hotel car was an hour late picking me up at the airport; (2) the beds are as hard as rocks (I arrived having not slept in two days and still couldn't fall asleep in the beds...I tried a couple different rooms, but the beds are all poor quality); (3) the AC was broken in my room, and despite promises that'd it'd be fixed within an hour, it took all day; (4) I requested a wake-up call (because there's no alarm clock in the room--or anything else for that matter--my TV got one fuzzy channel) but the front desk folks forgot to provide my wake-up call; and (5) the on-site sales department representative is a religious extremist and tried to convert me to Islam during my hasty and early departure (made statements about all non-Muslims being dumb and justified terrorist attacks as legitimate acts of self-defense). All told, this was my worst ever hotel experience. Save yourself the hassle and skip this stinker.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled solo
3 Thank KingBalian

Travelers are raving about these Dubai hotels

Worcester, United Kingdom
Reviewed March 2, 2012

We only had to spend one night - thank goodness - on our way to Bangkok. We were taken from Dubai airport to a seedy rear hotel entrance - we were tired after flying all night and knew we would have to wait until noon before getting our room.. OK we were allowed to leave our luggage and go for a walk to the beach - which was most uninteresting an then had to kill time. We were shown to the first room - which smelled strongly of heavy tobacco - we had to refuse as we had requested non-smoking. We then had to wait for another room which was not much better. It was freezing cod - like walking into a Cold store and had to open the windows to let warm air in. This is unthinkable in Dubai. We tried the lights and there was no masterswitch near the door. We then discovered it was at the side of the bed. Also there were wires taped up on the other side and we were horrified to think of the safety issues. We asked for the air Con. to be fixed and nobody knew how to fix it - so we switched the whole thing off. To have breakfast we requested for 4.30am and this was duelly delivered and was the best part of the experience. We then went on our way travelling.
The pictures shown on the portfolio do not seem quite the same as they promise - and this hotel is very shabby.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank margarets508
Moscow, Russia
Reviewed January 30, 2012

Location is excellent. Located near the center of Dubai, in the elite area. Relatively close to go before Nasser Square and to the main Mall (Dubai Mall, for example). There are shops on main street - Jumeirah.
Located on the first line. Prior to the public beach within reach. Located across the street. Beach, in principle, net. Water is remarkable.
Food so-so. Breakfast is standard. Bacon, sausage, sliced ​​fruit, Chicken-nagetsy, vegetables, cakes, tea and coffee. No major complaints. At lunch and dinner the same menu - and so every day. Salads are very sour and spicy - a unique feature of Arabic food

• Stayed August 2011, traveled as a couple
2 Thank bagin1981
Glasgow, United Kingdom
Reviewed August 11, 2011

Arrived at this hotel at about 1am, music was blaring from the resturant and our room was right next to it, although we asked for a quiet room! (???) really stuggled to get to sleep as it it continued until about 3am, the same happened the next night but as we were only there for 2 nights we just dealt with it!! Rooms were spacious and clean although the beds were like sleeping on a brick! Location was great, straight across from beach, if your looking for a cheap hotel and a short stay i would recommend it but for any longer i would defo pay extra for a higher star hotel!!

• Stayed April 2011, traveled with family
3 Thank taliswoman1987
Globe
Reviewed July 22, 2011

Beware! My gf stayed at this hotel for a week. I booked the hotel for her using my visa card. When she arrived there, she even didn't have the physical card with her, it was with me. During her entire trip in Dubai she never used this card at any business there. The only UAE business who knew my card number details was this hotel.

A couple of weeks after her stay there, someone paid with my card for 5 different flights using my card details. All charges were in UAE dirhams (both myself and my gf were outside of UAE by then). The flights were booked with Emirates, Air Arabia and Air India. I wrote to the hotel telling them that someone among the staff has very likely stolen my card details but they didn't even bother replying. Waiting now on my bank to return my money.

Stayed June 2011, traveled solo
3 Thank Tvlller
london
Reviewed June 14, 2011

The hotel is near the beach . The staff are friendly. The room clean. The breakfast is terrible. Not much choice. It is kept in the open from 7.00am till 10am . Nothing is covered up so flies sit on all food. I complained but nothing was done about it. We found the taxis expensive so took buses and the metro. Highly recommended. The pictures of. The beach are deceiving makes it look like on the beach hotel.

• Stayed June 2011