Lowest prices for your stay
$73
$54
Priceline
$58
Travelocity$73
eDreams$54
Orbitz.com$73
All reviews burjuman metro station excellent location top floor front office mr
Selected filters
Reviewed January 30, 2013

Booked 4 rooms for a one night stay in Dubai per telephone in the afternoon from Bahrain, was given the name of Mr. Sam to contact but no booking reference was given by the asian reservation agent.
Once we came to the hotel around 8 am the next day after arriving at the airport at 05 am we were told that there are no rooms available because we booked them a day ago !!?? Mr Sam showed us clearly that he wasn t interested the slightest in our booking and insisted that because we did not arrive the previous day the room are not available any more. Asking the reservation agent at the reception for the managers phone number revealed another employee of the hotel who wasn t the slightest interested to deliver any customer service. she simply refused to give us even the name. But the Mt Everest of unfriendliness and arrogance was Mr Sam! Never met a hotel staff like him.
They quoted us 1500 Dhs for one ! room -- that s about 400 US $ !!
Rip off and no customer service !
Typical Dubai failure of service in all areas !

Rip off and no customer service !
Typical Dubai failure

Room tip: Just don t bother to stayy there.
  • Trip type: Traveled on business
1  Thank Bapu R
Mohamed A, General Manager at Regent Palace Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded February 1, 2013

Dear Sir
Thanks for taking the time to give your feedback. I can fully understand someone’s frustration at being having booked a room at a certain price and then the rate being changed on arrival.
But in your case the circumstances are a bit different. Sam and the team at Front Desk clearly remember you the circumstances.
Initially, on 29th Jan, it was not the hotel you called but your agent Marhaba, who called us to enquire the rate (not book) for the same day, 29th Jan, but did not call us back to confirm the booking.

You spoke to Sam at 2am in the morning asking for a rate for that night – it being quite late in the night Sam quoted you a lower rate offering that you could have a late check out @ 2pm as goodwill gesture. You said you would call back in an hour’s time which you did not.

You turned up at the hotel the next day 30th Jan @ 9am, a day later than the day you enquired (not booked) the room for.

I am really sorry for the way you feel but most hotels change non-contracted rates, depending on demand and availability, on a daily basis, several times a day. There are times when rates are really low and travelers, like yourself, happily take full benefit of that but there are other times, as on this occasion when Dubai was holding an International Exhibition, the rates are higher as I am sure you already knew from ringing around and you took the cheapest option with us @ $400
Finally, I would like to defend my colleague Sam, who is very polite and professional at all times and was only doing his job. So your comments about him, only because you could not get the rate you wanted, are a bit unfair

Reviewed January 27, 2013

Would had a nice stay there because the hotel is well situated in Bur Dubai close to many Restaurants and close to Metrostation stayed just 3 nights but had to fight all nights with bedbugs they tried everything with spray but nothing to do. So stay away from this hotel because sleeping is not possible also very loud from the disco inhouse..to bad because the staff is very friendly

Room tip: never choose room 128 there are bedbugs!!!! otherwise more higher rooms would be quieter because of the disco inhouse!
  • Trip type: Traveled with friends
2  Thank Beat F

Dear Sir

Thank you for taking the time to post your comments.

First of all please accept my sincere apologies for any inconvenience caused during your stay @ Regent Palace Hotel.

We have contracted out the task of pest control to a reputed specialist company who follow a rigorous schedule of pro-active management to avoid any such issues.

We take pest control very seriously in Dubai due to the challenges of a higher risk of infestation from a combination of the weather conditions and Dubai as a popular destination for travelers from all over the world with a possibility of cross contamination through luggage especially from tropical countries.

Ivan, my Executive Housekeeper, remembers you reporting the issue which he investigated with the help of our contractors and although he could not find any evidence of infestation he suggested that you move rooms so contractors could take appropriate measures to deal with the issue. I believe you declined and chose to stay in the same room.

I am glad to say that since your departure we have brought forward our regular schedule of pest control and the whole of the 1st floor has now been treated as a precaution.

Thank you for your positive comments re the location and friendliness of the hotel satff.

Reviewed January 25, 2013

I revisited Dubai this month and stayed once again at the Regent Palace. I find myself going back to the Palace because it is still one of the better values in Dubai. It's location is great as it is right across the street from the Burjaman Mall, about 50 meters from Bur Dubai's main subway station and there are numerous eateries with a block or two. If you are looking for a hotel in the $75 to $90 price range, the Regent Palace is a good bet.

• Trip type: Traveled solo
Mohamed A, General Manager at Regent Palace Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded February 2, 2013

Thank you for your kind comments and recommending the Regent Palace Hotel for its location and value for money

Kind regards

Reviewed January 24, 2013

Hotel is really really nice. Location is very good just next to metro station, and opposite to bujaman shopping mall. all good food chains are in shopping mall & little grocery stores are at the back of hotel. Roof top sheesha with belly dance in nice resoneable rates

Date of stay: December 2012

Dear Sir

Thank you for your positive comments regarding the Regent Palace Hotel and its location

Ali Baba - our roof top Lebanese Restaurant and Shisha Lounge with live Arabic entertainment is indeed a very popular venue.

I am really glad that you enjoyed your stay and I will pass on your feedback to the team.

Thank you once again for choosing to stay with Regent Palace Hotel and we look forward to welcoming you back in the very near future

Kind regards

Reviewed January 22, 2013

I stayed here for one night only as I had a 17 hours long layover in Dubai. The reason why I chose this hotel was due to its ideal location in Bur Dubai and due the price. I ended up paying around 340 AED for a standard room without breakfast in January 2013, which I believed ended up being worth it. In the future, I wouldn't pay much more for a room there, though. Because I was travelling alone with a backpack only, I decided not to reach the hotel by care, but by metro. The metro in Dubai, which was under construction the last time I visisted the city, turned out to be very effiient for journeys within Dubai and to/from the airport. A journey Terminal 3 to BurJuman (which is the station located just 30 seconds by foot from the hotel) takes no more than 15 minutes and costs 6.50 AED. Make sure to pay for two zones.

Because I arrived in the afternoon (around 4:00 pm), I expected the room to be ready. It was, but the check in procedure was slow. The receptionist asked for a voucher or a booking confirmation, but I didn't have one. Eventually, he found my reservation and a got room no. 111, with a view over Sheikh Khalifa Bin Zayed Road and BurJuman. The kept my passport, and when I returned to collect it, I need to pay a deposit of 200 AED. I know this is put in system, but it seems so unwelcoming. Fortunately, the room was very nice. It was definitely 4* standard, maybe more. The bed was large and comfortable. Also, the room's full of amenities. Because I just returned from a long and bewildering trip to Bangladesh, I really wanted to sleep that night. However, it was pretty noisy due to the many bars and clubs in the hotel. Be sure not go get a room on the 1st floor if you're a light sleeper. This seems to be a general problem in (Bur) Dubai, at least from my experience.

I didn't use any of the services of the hotel, not even the swimming pool. I did browse the hotel brochure and while it seemed like if they did provide many services, you'd have to pay for everything (expect the swimming pool). Wifi wasn't 50 AED per day, it was less, but still overpriced. As of May 2012, they have lowered their prices, but you'll have to pay way above marginal costs. Instead, I used an Internet Café just across the street in BurJuman. It ended up being many times cheaper.

The location in Bur Dubai is pretty nice, I'd say. I like Bur Dubai, however, you'll have to take a taxi or use the metro a lot. But don't worry, this is not unique - Dubai is large and discontinuous. On the bright side, both the airport (T1 and T3) and several malls (including Mall of the Emirates and Dubai Mall/Burj Khalifa) can be reached by metro. Going to the beach, you'll have to take a taxi. Normally, there taxis just outside. Otherwise, the staff will get one for you. Eventhough my next flight left at 08:30 I was able to go there by metro (I was already checked in because I was in transit) as the first (normal) train leaves BurJuman just after 6:00 am. There actually express trains around 5:30 am leaving for the airport.

Generally, it's a good a hotel. A bit noisy and a bit unwelcoming, but a good transit hotel. I would probably not spend a week here due to the noise from the clubs. If (or when) I return for week long holiday with my girlfriend or family, I'd probabably opt for the beach front hotels in Jumeirah. Only if I'm travevlling with friends on a semi-low budget or just for transit, I'd consider this hotel again.

1  Thank sq7700