Lowest prices for your stay
$70
$52
Agoda.com
$50
Free cancellation until 10/08/21
Priceline$56
Travelocity$70
eDreams$52
All reviews burjuman metro station excellent location top floor front office mr
Selected filters
Reviewed January 22, 2013

I stayed here for one night only as I had a 17 hours long layover in Dubai. The reason why I chose this hotel was due to its ideal location in Bur Dubai and due the price. I ended up paying around 340 AED for a standard room without breakfast in January 2013, which I believed ended up being worth it. In the future, I wouldn't pay much more for a room there, though. Because I was travelling alone with a backpack only, I decided not to reach the hotel by care, but by metro. The metro in Dubai, which was under construction the last time I visisted the city, turned out to be very effiient for journeys within Dubai and to/from the airport. A journey Terminal 3 to BurJuman (which is the station located just 30 seconds by foot from the hotel) takes no more than 15 minutes and costs 6.50 AED. Make sure to pay for two zones.

Because I arrived in the afternoon (around 4:00 pm), I expected the room to be ready. It was, but the check in procedure was slow. The receptionist asked for a voucher or a booking confirmation, but I didn't have one. Eventually, he found my reservation and a got room no. 111, with a view over Sheikh Khalifa Bin Zayed Road and BurJuman. The kept my passport, and when I returned to collect it, I need to pay a deposit of 200 AED. I know this is put in system, but it seems so unwelcoming. Fortunately, the room was very nice. It was definitely 4* standard, maybe more. The bed was large and comfortable. Also, the room's full of amenities. Because I just returned from a long and bewildering trip to Bangladesh, I really wanted to sleep that night. However, it was pretty noisy due to the many bars and clubs in the hotel. Be sure not go get a room on the 1st floor if you're a light sleeper. This seems to be a general problem in (Bur) Dubai, at least from my experience.

I didn't use any of the services of the hotel, not even the swimming pool. I did browse the hotel brochure and while it seemed like if they did provide many services, you'd have to pay for everything (expect the swimming pool). Wifi wasn't 50 AED per day, it was less, but still overpriced. As of May 2012, they have lowered their prices, but you'll have to pay way above marginal costs. Instead, I used an Internet Café just across the street in BurJuman. It ended up being many times cheaper.

The location in Bur Dubai is pretty nice, I'd say. I like Bur Dubai, however, you'll have to take a taxi or use the metro a lot. But don't worry, this is not unique - Dubai is large and discontinuous. On the bright side, both the airport (T1 and T3) and several malls (including Mall of the Emirates and Dubai Mall/Burj Khalifa) can be reached by metro. Going to the beach, you'll have to take a taxi. Normally, there taxis just outside. Otherwise, the staff will get one for you. Eventhough my next flight left at 08:30 I was able to go there by metro (I was already checked in because I was in transit) as the first (normal) train leaves BurJuman just after 6:00 am. There actually express trains around 5:30 am leaving for the airport.

Generally, it's a good a hotel. A bit noisy and a bit unwelcoming, but a good transit hotel. I would probably not spend a week here due to the noise from the clubs. If (or when) I return for week long holiday with my girlfriend or family, I'd probabably opt for the beach front hotels in Jumeirah. Only if I'm travevlling with friends on a semi-low budget or just for transit, I'd consider this hotel again.

Date of stay: January 2013
  • Trip type: Traveled solo
1  Thank sq7700
Reviewed January 15, 2013

just returned from this hotel in brilliant dubai....its not so luxury hotel,,but for this price even less than 3 stars,,it offers very nice breakfast,,good transfer to airport,,,,,not smiling staff but they do their job very good,,,,indian breakfast delicious,,just near metro station,,,,the best was that they dont interfere what do u do in hotel,,when u go and come,,or they dont stare at u like other hotel staffs as i were alone girl,,,,it is soooo comfortable hotel.......

Date of stay: January 2013
  • Trip type: Traveled solo
1  Thank drparisa
Mohamed A, General Manager at Regent Palace Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded February 11, 2013

Dear Sir
Thank you for your positive comments regarding the Regent Palace Hotel and its location. I am gald thatw e were able check you in earlier than the standard check in time.

I am really glad that you enjoyed your stay and I will pass on your feedback to the team.

Thank you once again for choosing to stay with Regent Palace Hotel and we look forward to welcoming you back in the very near future
Kind regards

Reviewed January 9, 2013

we have stayed at this hotel for 5 nights with my family in last October. Hotel service was very good, location is great, all the main areas are easily assessable from this hotel. staff are very friendly. food was good. we will surely take stay again at this hotel.

Date of stay: October 2012
  • Trip type: Traveled with family
1  Thank asrewa007
Reviewed January 4, 2013

My husband and I arrived early (due to flight) in the morning but our hotel room was not booked until later in the afternoon. The staff made us feel very welcome, offering us a juice while they tried to change our twin room for a double and organise a room for earlier in the day at no extra charge. We were able to wait in the comfortable lobby area until breakfast was served which meant we didn't have to sit around for long. By the time we had finished breakfast it was a reasonable hour and we were able go for a short walk before organising a bus tour of the city at the hotel.

By the time our bus tour was over our room was well and truly ready (before we left the staff had told us they would have it ready by 2pm - well before our check in time). The room was nicely decorated, clean and had plenty of room. We always appreciate having seats to sit on, rather than sitting on the bed. Our bed and pillows were clean and very comfortable. There was a large wardrobe, mini-bar, good sized mirror in both bathroom and main room, rather slow hairdryer, no iron, and poor internet connection which you had 15 minutes free access then had to pay for any further time. The later being the biggest problem for us as we use the internet often and usually try to find hotels with good, free wi-fi.

Breakfast was included in the price of our stay and although most of the selection was not to our taste (Indian type food) we found they made a pretty good omelette while you waited and the croissants and mini chicken sausages were nice also. Arriving early meant you got better service and more choice of seating and food. The wait staff were all very pleasant and helpful.

The hotel is located in an ideal place as it is a very short walk to the Metro, Burjuman Shopping Mall (has lots of designer clothing shops etc.), bus tours of the city, a relatively short and safe walk to Dubai Creek where there is a lot to see and do (Arabian Dhow Cruises, Silk, Spice, Perfume and Gold Souks etc).

We found the staff at the hotel were all very friendly, helpful and spoke and understood English quite well. Our room was tidied everyday and clean towels and a bottle of water were provided. We thank them very much for our lovely stay at their hotel.

Room tip: Choose a room higher up to avoid being kept awake by nightclub noise which was rather noisy around New Year when we stayed. The noise from the street at closing time can also be annoying if you are a light sleeper. Neither of these things worried us too much but for some it may be a problem, especially those with children.
Date of stay: December 2012
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
1  Thank Gaylene H
Reviewed January 1, 2013

Very good hotel and best location being at just a walk from Metro Station. This has a very good mall in front of the hotel which is a good start for vacation. The hotel even has places like Max, Lifestyle etc stores at a walk. Night life around the hotel adds lot of value to the stay. Breakfast has very good Indian choices with Live Dosa and Egg counter makes it a great choice for Indians to stay there.

Date of stay: December 2012