“Decent Place”

Ranked #82 of 551 Hotels in Dubai
Abu Dhabi
“Decent Place”
Reviewed December 10, 2012

I have stayed in this hotel because of their cheap price, as I have booked a 2 bedroom suit. The rooms are clean and the services are acceptable. The room however design and facilities feels outdated and in need of a major renovation. They do have rooms with great views either of Sheikh Zayed Road, or Dubai Business bay and the infamous Burj Khalifa. The hotel facilities are not that great, they did not have a splash pool for kids, thus my kids had to play in the Jacuzzi!

In my opinion there are plenty of other hotels that can provide much more for the same price.

Room Tip: Burj Khalifa view for sure!
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank ASRomar10
DusitThaniDubai, Public Relations Manager at Dusit Thani Dubai, responded to this review, December 12, 2012
Sawasdee Khrub Khun Omar A,

Thank you for staying with us and for your valuable feedback. We are delighted to let you know that we are undergoing a renovation and have started with the main hotel body. Next year, our Residence (1BR and 2BR) will also be renovated and we hope to have the pleasure of having you stay with us again.

In the meantime, we have completed 6 hotel guestrooms where we feature deluxe, club and Jr. Suites where we have amazing views of the Burj Khalifa, Sheikh Zayed Road and Jumeirah.

Khob Khun Khrub.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (513)
  • Arabic first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
London
Reviewed December 9, 2012

I visted Dubai in early October for a Bithday celebration and was recommended this hotel by a friend and some work colleagues. We arrived before 9am (I did tell them we would arrive early)and the hotel were very helpful in checking us in and having a room ready for us, in fact they had even upgraded us to a suite.

I found the breakfast good although a little slow in terms of service. However, the staff are really friendly and genuine. I did feel they were always happy to help and this includes when they first take you to your room to make sure everything is in order for your stay.

I had seen other reviews which commented on the rooms being slightly outdated and I do agree. However, I am also aware they were doing works at the time I stayed to improve the rooms etc (we were never disturbed by this)

Location for me was perfect. Right next to the metro station and the Dubai mall is within 5 minutes. We had a view of the Burj Khalifa from our room and it is is magnificent site. Wi-Fi is good.

Would definitely recommend.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
2 Thank KishK_1
DusitThaniDubai, Public Relations Manager at Dusit Thani Dubai, responded to this review, December 11, 2012
Sawasdee Khrub Khun KishK_1,

We are delighted to know that you have chosen to stay with us based on your friend and work colleagues recommendation and that we are able to accommodate you on your request for early arrival. Our colleagues are empowered to make decisions not limited to upgrading guests to suites on availability as guest satisfaction is one our key priorities.

Noted your comment on services in The Californian where breakfasts are served and this will be discussed with our Food & Beverage leaders.

The approach we took in renovating our rooms is clear: very little to no guest disturbance and we are delighted to know that you were not affected by the on-going works.

Finally, our location is one of our strengths and being central to many of Dubai's touristic destination, we have enhanced this by providing complimentary shuttle service to Dubai Mall, Emirates Mall and Jumeirah Beach Park. We hope you are able to use this facilities.

Khob Khun Krub Khun KishK_1 and we look forward to having you back at Dusit Thani Dubai.
Dorset
Reviewed December 9, 2012

My wife and I stayed at the Dusit Thani on Sheikh Zayed road, Dubai for 5 weeks, me mixing work with leisure, my wife just doing the leisure. My employer booked the room for me but, at my own expense, I upgraded so I could access the Dusit Club, an executive lounge, which offered breakfast, afternoon tea and a 'happy hour' from 6:00 pm to 8:00 pm when drinks and an excellent buffet are available. The food is plentiful and of a very high standard and is only surpassed by the excellent service provided by the Club staff: Bow, Thu, Hanam, Yung, Archy and Pritham who could not have done more for us. I travel to Dubai often and I will now endeavour to stay here on all my trips.

Room Tip: Upgrade to the Club, it's worth the money!
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
3 Thank OldStriker
Sawasdee Khrub Khun OldStriker,

Thank you for your recommendation on Club upgrade. It is indeed a value for money and our team at the Club Lounge will be very delighted to know what we have made you and your wife's stay in Dubai an excellent one. We certainly hope that we managed to make it your home away from home.

In the meantime, we hope to haveyou back at Dusit Thani Dubai as we continue to upgrade not just our guest rooms but also our food & beverage presentations. We strive to get better each time to provide our wonderful guests like yourselves something to look forward to.

Doha, Qatar
Reviewed November 21, 2012

I have just came back from Dubai yesterday, where I stayed at Dusit for 4 nights, and I doubt I will stay there again when I go to Dubai for my next trip. I was there for business as I go frequently, and was advised by friends to stay there. The rooms were ok, a bit small though, but the service is not up to standard. It takes so long to deliver your order, that if they deliver it the first time you ask for it, as one time I had to call three times just to ask for 3 bottles of water which I ordered since more than 40 minutes, and the second time, on a different day, I was trying to call the room service/reception for more than 20 minutes with no one answering.

One can get a much better service for a similar price range.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
4 Thank LamisTT
DusitJamesWilson, General Manager at Dusit Thani Dubai, responded to this review, November 22, 2012
Dear LamisTT,

Thank you for your valuable feedback on Trip Advisor. I am sorry to read the difficulties you experienced with your telephone calls and for the service issues, which are definitely not a normal standard at the hotel.

I would very much appreciate it, if you would kindly drop me an email to let me know of your name, room number, period of stay and the service issues you experienced, in order for me to investigate what really went wrong.

Please do rest assured we do pride ourselves on our service and Thai hospitality. I respectfully ask that you please consider staying with us on another occasion since I am sure you will receive a much more positive experience.

Kind regards,

James Wilson
Mumbai (Bombay), India
Reviewed November 20, 2012

I went to Dubai quite recently to attend my cousin's wedding. I must say that the hotel she put us up in was not only most conveniently located but also very very fancy. I knew instantly that my short visit to Dubai would be memorable.
Located on Sheikh Zayed Road,it is only a five minute drive away from the Dubai mall (only if you are a shopaholic) The view from my room not only boasted of the modern infrastructure of the city, but standing before my eyes in the night sky was the Burj Khalifa. In all her majestic beauty. Little did I imagine I would go to sleep looking at the world's tallest manmade structure.
It was only the next morning did I realize that the hotel was larger than I thought it to be the previous night. Going for breakfast we had to change lifts from our room on the 16th floor to the 24th floor in the adjoining building which had the same lobby. The spread was delectable from Middle eastern delights like hummus and oita to the standard five star spread of cold meat cereal and eggs.
The concierge and front office staff were extremely helpful with our requests for sightseeing and even went to the extent of booking our tickets for the burj khalifa and told us the timings for the dancing fountains. Restaurants were literally a hop skip and jump away if we wanted to eat outside which we did and the food was delish!.
The only thing which irked me a little was the hot weather but my experience in the city more than made up for it. I would recommend a short trip to Dubai (maybe a long weenkend or five days) as it is indeed a city worth visiting.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
3 Thank AlishaT152
DusitThaniDubai, Public Relations Manager at Dusit Thani Dubai, responded to this review, November 30, 2012
Sawasdee Khrub Khun Alisha,

Please allow us to thank you and your cousin for choosing to stay with us. We are delighted to know that your stay was more than you have expected and that you enjoyed the excellent location we are in, our great food and services. Our ladies and gentlemen will be thrilled to know that we have won another guest who we hope to be of service again in the near future but also one that recommends the hotel and the city to be visited again.

Dubai has an amazing weather from September onwards with Summer kicking in June so we will be delighted to have you back again and in the meantime, we say Khob Khun Krub!
Dublin, Ireland
Reviewed November 19, 2012 via mobile

Stayed here while attending a wedding, fabulous location beside everything. 5 minute walk to metro station which can bring you to the Dubai Mall, largest mall in the world which is located beside the tallest building in the word and many other sights to see. Wonderful experience , a must see...

• Stayed November 2012
1 Thank lanzarote75
Sawasdee Khrub Khun Lanzarote,

Thank you for choosing to stay with us when you were in Dubai for a wedding. We are delighted to know that your stay was a pleasant one. Our location is one of our advantages as we are close to many of the touristic destinations in Dubai. We do provide a complimentary shuttle service to Dubai Mall and we hope you had the chance to use this service.

We look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel and in the meantime, we say Khob Khun Krub.

Kindest regards.
Middlesbrough, United Kingdom
Reviewed November 16, 2012

stayed here last week , very nice hotel room 1312 .
great view of burj khalifa and mall , free bus to beach and mall at certain times
huge room with kitchen faciliites , big bedroom and nice shower facilities
bar was very expensive 73dhms for a bottle heineken and a wine singer in bar was ok
prefer to go to towers rotana long bar for cheaper alcohol and better atmosphere,
metro station is just down road , easy to use to go to marina or into town
enjoyed waterpark atalantis overall a good 8 day trip , superb flight with emirates
nice pool here with a good view of dubai
would stay here again , but probably better value elsewhere , like towers rotana for ambience etc . if going here you will like the service everyone is extremely helpful

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
3 Thank 1boroboy
Sawasdee Khrub Khun MiddlesbroughBoroboy,

Thank you for choosing to stay with us and for taking time in letting us know of your experience. Our location indeed is one of our unique selling points and we enhance that in providing complimentary shuttle service to some of Dubai's touristic destinations. We are glad that you have avail of the service. Other advantage of our location is that it is so central that you can hop to other restaurants and bars within Sheikh Zayed Road and we realize that you have taken advantage of that.

Sorry to hear that you may have paid that much for a bottle of beer and as we value our guest comments, we have reconfirmed the price and we do sell half of the price you have mentioned for a bottle of beer. We try to be competitive in pricing to be at par within the hotels along Sheikh Zayed Road

The hotel is currently renovating and we look forward to having you back and experience the newly renovated rooms and suites. We trust that you will enjoy the new decor and ambiance yet enjoy the same Thai hospitality and service we are known for.