“July 2014 Trip”

Ranked #122 of 546 Hotels in Dubai
Johannesburg, South Africa
“July 2014 Trip”
Reviewed August 6, 2014

I stayed for 3 nights and would recommend this hotel highly for business or leisure. Check in was excellent and they took special care of me being a platinum IHG member. Food is excellent and the staff are very helpful.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled on business
DXBCPManagement, Director of Sales at Crowne Plaza Dubai-Deira, responded to this review, August 10, 2014
Dear CCPB72,

Just a short note to say thank you for your review of the Crowne Plaza Dubai - Deira, and thank you for being one of our Platinum IHG Rewards Club members.

Glad you enjoyed your stay and we look forward to welcoming you back soon!

kind regards

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (199)
  • Arabic first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
Reviewed August 5, 2014

We stayed for one night , the breakfast buffet was not good , the room was big and clean , the swimming pool was out of service , the air in the corridors hot and with high humidity, and smells bad.
The bed was fine and TV was ok, the service was horrible, we had to wait for 45 min to check out.
The location is a pluss .

Room Tip: Cheap ,not for families, central, big and clean rooms . The staff is not that friendly !
  • Stayed August 2014, traveled solo
1 Thank travelling8065
DXBCPManagement, Director of Sales at Crowne Plaza Dubai-Deira, responded to this review, August 9, 2014
Dear travelling8065,

I would like to thank you for taking the time to leave a review on Trip Advisor.

The fact that our service was not up to your standards, and also the breakfast in Spice Island, means that we are not fulfilling our goals here at the hotel, and would like the opportunity to get some more information from you regarding this.

We would embrace the opportunity to get more feedback on the constructive points you've raised.

I can be contacted on shane.jameson@ihg.com

Doha, Qatar
Reviewed August 3, 2014

My stay at Crowne Plaza Deira can be described in one word - PERFECT

I stayed 3 nights in this hotel and loved every minute of it.

Location
Deira is close to the DXB airport. While not the most glamorous side of Dubai, it has some local attractions nearby like the Dubai Museum and the Gold Souk. I reached the hotel within 15 minutes or so. Problem with Deira is that there is no view from the window that you can enjoy.

The Staff
A big plus for the great service. I arrived at the hotel after spending a very stressful time at the DXB airport. [The security guards at the luggage scanner thought I was carrying a bullet O.o which turned out to be a metal lucky charm I had in my wallet...]

Within 5 minutes my check-in was done and the front desk staff were really nice and polite.

Service at the check-in, restaurant, the spa and room service was always quick, delivered with a smile and unobtrusive

The Room
I stayed in Executive Club King room. It was spacious, very clean and very comfortable and quiet. I'm impressed with the attention to detail they have given. Staying in this room also gives access to the Club Lounge where you can have cocktails in the evening. I couldn't try it because I was out all three evenings.

The beds in this room offered me the best sleep I had since I came to Middle East. It was so comfortable that I actually tried to see if I can buy the same pillows from outside :)

The Spa
It was great. For the first time in a long time, I managed to relax :)

Also, the hotel has free wifi.

Overall
I thoroughly enjoyed my stay and if I ever stay in Deira again, I will not go to any other hotel.

*Only issue is that I did not see any coffee shops or restaurants outside close to the hotel. As this is the summer time, it would be a good decision to book half board because going outside to eat can be a hassle.

Room Tip: Try the Club Rooms as they give free access to the club lounge.
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled solo
Dear NadeeshaRathnayake,

We are grinning today from ear to ear! Thank you for your amazing review of the Crowne Plaza Dubai - Deira.

There isn't anything left for us to say other than we can't wait to welcome you back here to Deira.

Nairobi, Kenya
Reviewed July 17, 2014

For first time travellers to Dubai, we really liked the reception from the staff; warm and friendly...it made us feel like we had been coming to the hotel for years! The room was very well appointed and comfortable and surprisingly quiet. The location is pretty central and a cab ride to any area is relatively inexpensive. We loved it and we will definitely be back!

• Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
DXBCPManagement, Manager at Crowne Plaza Dubai-Deira, responded to this review, July 21, 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your review on Tripadvisor.

We are delighted to note that you felt to be at your home away from home during your stay in the hotel and that my team made you feel welcome. Additional I am pleased to note that the location and facilities of the hotel met your expectation.

I hope to welcome you back soon.

Reviewed July 13, 2014 via mobile

I like this hotel very much. Thanks to the staff. The service is very good. The only weak point is that it is a little noisy and the room was smaller than I have expected. But overall, the hotel is just great. Its location is another advantage. :)

Stayed July 2014
2 Thank Diliana I
DXBCPManagement, Manager at Crowne Plaza Dubai-Deira, responded to this review, July 16, 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing to stay at the Crowne Plaza Deira.

We are very pleased to read that in general you enjoyed your stay with us and that the services and facilities we provided you with met your expectation. I am sorry to hear that you have experienced some noise disturbance but please feel free to contact us prior to your next stay and we will try our best to allocate you a more quiet room.

It would be a pleasure to welcome you back soon.

Amman, Jordan
Reviewed July 8, 2014

I have stayed for five nights in this lovely hotel.Everything was perfect especialy front desk staff and managers.They take care of all small details carefully. such a releif. they made my stay remarkable and realy felt staying home.its highly recomended for all purposes.lots of thaks to all front desk staff and managers.

Room Tip: just let front desk staff know your needs and they will do the jop
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
1 Thank TalalHamdan
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to review the Crowne Plaza Hotel Deira on Tripadvisor.

We are thrilled to have read through your feedback and with great pleasure I will share your comments with my team. It is wonderful to know that our hotel colleagues took well care of all your needs.

It would be a pleasure to welcome you back soon.

Reviewed July 8, 2014

This is my first trip to the UAE and our reservations were made by corporate travel. This is a wonderful hotel and even during our Ramadan stay, everything was looked after. My room was wonderful, lots of space, a working desk and even a power bar for plugging all of my gadgets, laptop, iPd, iPod and 2 cellphones. The bed was to die for and for someone who does not sleep while on the road I slept like a baby.

I always travel with a bear named Anushka, she even had her own service and was wrapped in a pillowcase made to look like she was sleeping. How cute and thoughtful, you can see her picture at my facebook page DomainDiva.

The staff is kind and attentive without being intrusive. As they say: WELCOME TO DUBAI!

Room Tip: If you are in Dubai for business this is the PERFECT hotel.
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled on business
1 Thank OriginalDomainDiva
Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for your wonderful review on Tripadvisor.

We are very delighted to read through your feedback and I will ensure that my team is thanked for the way they have made you and "Anushka" feel special. Furthermore I am also very pleased to receive your comments relating to the newly renovated rooms.

I hope to welcome you both back soon.