Crowne Plaza Dubai-Deira
Shangri-La Hotel, Dubai(Dubai)(Great Value!)
$180
$136
Jumeirah Emirates Towers(Dubai)(Great Value!)
$174
$123
$337
$249
$364
$294
Hotels.com
Grosvenor House Dubai(Dubai)(Great Value!)
$211
$155
JW Marriott Marquis Hotel Dubai(Dubai)(Great Value!)
$118
$1,225
$240
$191
1,013 results
All reviewsspice islandharry's barthe club loungespice restaurantplatinum memberclose to the airportflight pathmetro stationgreen linefestival citybusiness tripfantastic staybusiness hotelnice poolenjoyed my staygold soukcomfortable stay
Reviewed April 14, 2014

Got into Dubai airport and discovered that some changes had been made to my original accommodation plans and so needed to make a last-minute hotel booking. As I do not know Dubai at all, I decided to go to the Crowne Plaza Deira as I am an IGH Gold Ambassador member and there is a certain standard you come to expect from Crowne Plazas and Intercontinentals world-over. This was a nice hotel, more expensive than any of the other Crownes that I've stayed at, but then this is Dubai. The guy that checked me in, Ian, was supremely nice and polite, and managed to find an available room earlier than normal check-in time. The room was comfortable and clean, but internet was super-duper slow. Room service was good, but the service at the breakfast buffet the next morning was bad with the employees looking like they were avoiding eye contact whilst carrying out loud conversations in Hindi with each other. Several people had to wave and wave and wave and wave more to get their attention for a cup of coffee.

It's an okay hotel, but I'm sure that there are better ones out there with better service for the same price.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled solo
1  Thank Ashim P
DXBCPManagement, Director of Sales at Crowne Plaza Dubai-Deira, responded to this reviewResponded April 15, 2014

Dear Ashim P,

I would like to thank you for taking the time to review our hotel, and as you've highlighted, Crowne Plaza's around the world offer a high level of standards, which I believe at the most part you've received during your stay.

Regarding the communication issues in Spice Island, this feedback has been given to the concerned department and further coaching will be undertaken on this matter.

We will let Ian know that you appreciated his service at the front desk.

I do hope to welcome you back to the hotel soon.

Reviewed April 14, 2014

Booked 5 nights using IHG Rewards points. Good value at 25,000 points per night. After booking I contacted the hotel to request a family room. The very helpfull Alisa got in touch and offered us a junior suite for 150 Dhs ++ a night which was a great deal and we accepted.
On arrival was invited to check in at the Executive Lounge and then shown to our lovely suite. Both the Executive Lounge breakfast and Evening Cocktails were great but the Lounge Canapes buffet was excellent with 4 different hot offerings and many cold items. (Much better than any recent Hilton Exec Lounge offerings!)
The pool deck area is large with adequate loungers available. Great view of the Emirates Superjumbo's going over the hotel as it's near the airport. (Some might not appreciate this!) Pool temperature was good. The pool deck area was also the setting for the Wednesday Evening Hotel Managers IHG Members Cocktail Party.
There is also a daily beach shuttle leaving the hotel at 8.00am and returning at 3.00pm.
No major problems encountered however the siuation of our suite meant a little noise from the hotel bar but only an issue on one of the nights. (Must have been a lively crowd in!)

Looking forward to going back to this hotel.

Room Tip: Email the hotel if you have any concerns. The staff reply promptly with comprehensive information.
  • Stayed: April 2014, traveled with family

Dear ajc1967,

Just a short note to say thank you for your wonderful review of our hotel.

We are glad that you enjoyed your suite choice and found the whole experience good value for money.

I will be sure to thank Alisa for her services.

Thank you again, and we look forward to seeing you again soon.

Reviewed April 11, 2014

This hotel is outstanding. We wanted a stopover before leaving Dubai and needed a hotel near the airport due to an early flight home. We chose a club room as we have found these are great value in expensive Dubai. We were not disappointed. The service from every member of staff was fantastic. The room was spacious with a huge heavenly bed. Transfer to the airport was just a few minutes. We would definitely return again. If you want a beach holiday and experience that side of Dubai this hotel is not for you but if you need a stopover for a couple of days or are on business in the city, you will not be disappointed with this hotel. We will definitely be back. If I had a small criticism the pool was too warm but the pool area itself was great.

Room Tip: Go for a club room. The additional benefits are worth the extra cost.
  • Stayed: April 2014, traveled as a couple

Dear Carol P,

I would like to thank you for your review of the Crowne Plaza Dubai - Deira, and I think you've really said it all!

We focus on our staff and their interactions with our guests, and it does seem that we are getting this right!

I do love your insider tip regarding the Club Room benefit. It really is worth it for the extra benefits you received.

I hope to see you again in the hotel, and will pass on your thanks to the team.

Reviewed April 6, 2014

Negative
Bedroom small for a club room, Dressing gowns small size ( i know i need to lose a few pounds), bath to fill is very long, menu in club lounge during cocktail hour is ok, but basic, toilet roll holder not in the correct position, free internet slow- too low down - as you can see not many negatives....
Positives
Great staff and service - staff not as i would say ''in you face'' but there if you need them. after 1 day they all knew my name and room number. Breakfast downstairs superb, food in room service, quick and very tasty - great price too. Pool and Gym, even though i had time to use them only once during my two weeks stay were perfect. Rainfall shower is fantastic, no need for a bath, plenty of bathroom products, shampoo, toothbrush, razor etc....bed is great, lots of lighting in the room, sound proof windows, some door banging noise in the corridor, but ok. Airport 10 min by taxi, very cheap, metro 5-10 min walk. Cocktail party on my last night to meet some of the staff was a nice touch - the staff are a great asset to this hotel. Harry's bar open until 3pm, great hotel - as i travel nearly every week i would like a larger room - but would go back to this hotel again on my next visit.

Room Tip: club room and get the two hour ''coctail''
  • Stayed: March 2014, traveled on business
DXBCPManagement, Manager at Crowne Plaza Dubai-Deira, responded to this reviewResponded April 9, 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you for sharing our feedback on Tripadvisor.

We are very pleased to have received your feedback and are very proud to have noted your comments regarding the service provided by our team members. It will be my pleasure to share those comments with them.

Furthermore I am delighted to note that, a part from some minor points, you have enjoyed the facilities of our hotel.

I am looking forward to welcome you back soon.

Kind Regards,

Bruno Fischer & Team
Hotel Manager

Reviewed April 6, 2014

I loved this hotel. The club floor is excellent. I was a little alarmed at the alcohol prices but I guess it's Dubai! The breakfast has a good selection the omelette guy is really good. The pool is excellent apart from the odd low aircraft.

I will return

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple

Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing to stay at the Crowne Plaza Hotel Dubai Deira and for taking the time to share your feedback on Tripadvisor.

We are delighted to have received your review and are very proud to note that you "love this hotel".

I hope to welcome you back soon.

Kind Regards,