“Very Good Hotel Option in Dubai”

Crowne Plaza Dubai-Deira
Ranked #128 of 554 Hotels in Dubai
Reviewed March 12, 2014

Good Rooms, well maintained, meets the standards of Crowne Plaza; good restaurant options, good location, close to many things like Super Markets, several restaurants etc; supportive staff, big property and would like to stay again...

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled on business
2  Thank Chalapathi
DXBCPManagement, Manager at Crowne Plaza Dubai-Deira, responded to this reviewResponded March 17, 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to write an online review on Tripadvisor.

We are very pleased to hear that you have enjoyed your stay with us and that the services and facilities we provided you with met your expectation.

I would be delighted to welcome you back on another occassion.

There are newer reviews for Crowne Plaza Dubai-Deira

Reviewed March 11, 2014

Booked myself in for a 4 night business trip at the start of March 2014 and the hotel is pretty big and at the same time quite personal. Check-in staff were quick and efficient. The room was upgraded as I am a Platinum IHG Member to the 6th Floor which is the lounge floor. Room was spacious and clean and everything I needed for a good nights sleep. View wasn't anything special but of little consequence.
Breakfast was vast and spoilt for choice and service by the staff exceptional.
Bars and restaurant were also quite good value and Harrys bar had a nice relaxed atmosphere and again good service by the bartenders.
Location was ok for my work but quite a journey to get to new Dubai and the beach side restaurants.
Totally recommend to all and will be staying there again on next return trip.

Room Tip: sixth floor gets you free access to business lounge with free food and drinks.
  • Stayed: March 2014, traveled on business
1  Thank Carlosdaman
DXBCPManagement, Manager at Crowne Plaza Dubai-Deira, responded to this reviewResponded March 12, 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you for sharing your feedback regarding your recent stay at the Crowne Plaza Hotel Dubai Deira.

We are very pleased to read through your comments and will ensure that they are shared with our team members. It is a pleasure to note that the hotel has impressed you on your first stay in Dubai.

It would be a privilege to welcome you back on many more occasions in the future.

Reviewed March 10, 2014

We stayed 4 nights, staffs are very nice and room is good in condition and clean. The best one is free and steady wifi provided, as in Abu Dhabi some hotels not provide free wifi even in 5 star hotel. Swimming pool is good and clean. Location is a bit far from the central , beware it is difficult to get taxi during the period 4pm - 5pm.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Kwok Ying Walla... L

Dear Guest,

Thank you for sharing your feedback on Tripadvisor.

We are very happy to read that you have enjoyed the newly renovated rooms as well as the service provided by our colleagues. Furthermore I am very pleased to note that the complimentayr WIFI in all our bedrooms has suited your needs.

I am looking forward to welcome you back soon.

Reviewed March 10, 2014

We stayed for 4 nights and all the staff members were very helpful, especially the concierge staff. Location was great, close to the airport and also all the creek. Rooms were clean with all the amenities.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple
2  Thank KM1960

Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing to stay at the Crowne Plaza Hotel Dubai Deira and for taking the time to share you feedback on Tripadvisor.

We are very pleased to read that the location of the hotel suited your needs and that all our team members were helpful and in particular the concierge team.

I hope we have another opportunity soon to welcome you back.

Reviewed March 9, 2014

We stayed at this hotel as we made progress towards linking up with our cruise ship so only had an overnight stay. Staff were helpful, friendly and efficient (including an account of places to see from the porter), the room was clean, well equipped and comfortable and breakfast was an excellent choice of buffets. Among the delights we were not able to sample were the pool and the spa facilities but they looked good. All in all, we were delighted with this booking.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Mike D

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your wonderful review on Tripadvisor.com.

It is a pleasure to note that you have enjoyed your short stay with us and that you have found our staff to be friendly and efficient.

We hope to welcome you back soon.

Reviewed March 8, 2014

I stayed two night. The hotel was nice and the staff was friendly.
I got upgraded and had a really nice room with a good bed.
The clublounge was a good place to be and i enjoyed the free served drinks.
The free wifi was good.

I could have hoped that the staff knew more about getting around the city. I asked to get to the atlantis with metro friday morning and they said it took 45 minutes. But apparently the metro does not run on friday.

The only bad thing is the location. It takes a long time to get to most of the other things in dubai since it is placed in the old city, where a lot of the turist attactions is more south.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled solo
1  Thank Daniel G

Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing to stay at the Crowne Plaza Hotel Dubai Deira.

We are very pleased to hear that in general you have enjoyed your stay with us and in particular I am pleased to note your feedback regarding your Club Room experience. I would like to apologize for the miscommunication with regards to the Metro timings. Your feedback was shared with our concierge team.

I hope to welcome you back on another occasions.

Reviewed March 4, 2014

It struck me upon my arrival that everything was taking so long. When I checked in, it took forever, although I arrived 3.30 pm I was asked to take a seat because they couldn't reach housekeeping to confirm my room was clean. I said, it is not my problem if you cannot reach housekeeping, give me another room, I do not intend to take a seat waiting for your domestic issues.
Next thing that happened was when I wanted to change some money. I was standing at the desk while no one took notice, I had to ask if they didn't have any more staff available. This seemed to happen every time I approached front desk.
They seem under staffed or inefficient, I don't know which is worse.
The cleaning of the room; I had to ask them three times during my eight day stay when they were about to clean my room, one day they completely forgot about it, most likely they would have done the same unless I had reminded them. AND, this is a Crowne Plaza = 5-star!
No shadow shall fall on the staff at the pool, they were very attentive and personal. The same goes for the staff at Harry's Bar.
Another alert, make sure you have eaten if you arrive before 6 pm since that is when the restaurants opens. They do tell you that they can serve you in the room but I think it is a spoor excuse.
Last but not least, you don't really feel welcome or seen by the staff. Management has some training to execute.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled on business
1  Thank PeterGustafssonDubai
DXBCPManagement, Manager at Crowne Plaza Dubai-Deira, responded to this reviewResponded March 6, 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing to stay at the Crowne Plaza Hotel Dubai Deira.

I am very sorry to hear your feedback with regards to the reception and housekeeping experience. I agree with you that we should have handled this matter better and it has been addressed with the relevant teams. Furthermore I have taken the liberty to send you a private note to ensure we will have you staying with us again in the future.

We are pleased to hear that you enjoyed the pool service. I will ensure that the recreation team is thanked for delivering the Crowne Plaza service to our guests.

Once again, I like to apologize for the service shortfalls and I hope that those will not defer you from coming back to stay with us in the future.

Yours sincerely,