“Loves This Hotel!!”

Crowne Plaza Dubai-Deira
Ranked #134 of 556 Hotels in Dubai
Reviewed July 26, 2013 via mobile

A friend recommended that we stay in Deira during our 1st trip to Dubai, Si my husband began looking at hotels, reviews and prices. Originally, plans were to stay at a Marriott establishment, but when he came across some great reviews and the good rate at this hotel, our 1st five days in Dubai was at the Crowne Plaza. The customer service was outstanding from the very beginning. Recommendations of where to eat, information on customs and Ramadan were provided by helpful concierge and the room was beautiful and spacious. The bed was comfortable and the ability for the room to get dark afforded good sleep! The rooms were newly renovated and beautiful! Internet was complimentary, which helped us stay connected to our family and friends. The hotel itself is close to a supermarket, mall, restaurants and the Metro. The concierge was always helpful with getting cabs, but since we were so close to the Metro, our transportation to Dubai Mall and Mall of the Emirates was on the train. A day pass is only 18 Dirhams and affords you to ride all day. The restaurant in the hotel was good as we had breakfast in the hotel once. Price for the buffet was reasonable in my opinion, but we wanted to get out and eat among the locals. If you want great customer service, convenience, and wonderful sleeping accommodations at a great price......stay at the Crowne Plaza Dubai-Deira.

• Stayed: July 2013
2  Thank Robin S
DXBCPManagement, Manager at Crowne Plaza Dubai-Deira, responded to this reviewResponded July 28, 2013

Dear Robin S,

Thank you very much for choosing to stay at the Crowne Plaza Dubai Deira and for writing a review on Tripadvisor.com.

We are thrilled and delighted to have read your review and are very happy to note your feedback. The hotel team is very pleased to have received your feedback regarding the bedding experience of the newly renovated rooms as well as your comments regarding the service provided by our colleagues.

Please feel free to share your feedback with your contacts. We would highly appreciate it and we would also ensure that they are well looked after too.

I hope we are able to welcome you back soon.

Reviewed July 18, 2013

The renovation on the hotel is near completion and I've stayed now a couple of times in the new rooms (some teething problems but the management is well aware of these).

So it's becoming a seriously nice hotel. Breakfasts are good (although you may be seated next to US pilots discussing runway procedures and children's sports). And if you have club access, you can pick up seriously good coffee from the machine - either to go or sit in. Actually, I was taking the coffee from the club to breakfast as it's better than that in the restaurant.

The hotel is close to the metro, has a good pool and staff is pleasant. New rooms are actually quite nice.

In fact, the last couple of times that I've been to Dubai, I've stayed there rather than out at Festival City - largely because of the proximity to the metro.

But mainly because of the coffee to go.

Room Tip: I always ask for a room with no connecting door.
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business
DXBCPManagement, Manager at Crowne Plaza Dubai-Deira, responded to this reviewResponded July 19, 2013

Dear "ebookpunkie",

Thank you for coming back to stay at the Crowne Plaza Hotel Dubai Deira.

We are very pleased to read that you found, since your first visit, the hotel and its services have improved. I am delighted to read your comments regarding our Club Lounge facilities. Please do continue to share your feedback with our team as it helps us to improve our services.

Reviewed July 16, 2013

At just six floors, this is one of the smaller hotels however they treat western travelers very well. The fitness center is well-equipped and is suitable for both bodybuilding and cardio. The hotel felt empty however this is not unexpected as I visited during low season. The hotel did not have particularly good views from the windows due to the city location and height of building. Shortcomings were few though, and I would stay at this hotel again if I pass through Dubai.

Room Tip: You can order a drink anytime you want one at this hotel!
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled solo
DXBCPManagement, Manager at Crowne Plaza Dubai-Deira, responded to this reviewResponded July 17, 2013

Dear "BoomerPickins",

Thank you for sharing your feedback at Tripadvisor.com.

We are very pleased to read that you found your stay comfortable and that the new gym equipment suited your needs whilst staying with us.

Reviewed July 16, 2013

I truly enjoyed staying at your hotel and I look forward to stay in it soon.
It was a great experience. The rooms were clean and staff were friendly.
I was acknowledged as a Platinum Elite Ambassador member and I was up graded with many thanks.
When checked in, the manager on duty was very kind and understanding for my requests.
As I had my family with me, I requested normal breakfast and it took him a little time to grant me my request but he was very kind. I believe he was Mr. Ian.
Breakfast was excellent. The pool was very good.
All in all, it was a great choice for the family and the kids. And next time, my family will ask me to stay at your hotel again.

Thanks again for your hospitality.
Sincerely yours;
Basel

Room Tip: show your Platinum Elite Ambassador Card
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family

Dear Basel H,

Thank you for choosing to stay at the Crowne Plaza Hotel Dubai Deira and for taking the time to write an online review regarding your recent visit.

We are delighted to have received your feedback and that you felt being acknowledged as a Platinum Elite Ambassador member. Furthermore I am very happy to note that you and your family enjoyed the hotels' facilities.

I hope we have another opportunity soon to welcome you back.

Reviewed July 1, 2013

PRO

1) Five Star amenities
2) Tasteful room decor
3) Hearty Breakfast Buffet
4) Obliging F&B Staff

CONS

1) If you are an individual who likes to park his own car; then be warned there is no lift from the basement parking to the lobby, you have two climb two flights of stairs to reach street level lobby and then take an escalator or lift to the main lobby

2) Rooms could have been bigger

3) Toilet are very cramped!

4) Inter department communications seem to lag

Overall it’s not the 5 star ambience that one is accustomed to in comparison to other Crown properties

Room Tip: Best to valet if you have luggage!
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
DXBCPManagement, Manager at Crowne Plaza Dubai-Deira, responded to this reviewResponded July 2, 2013

Dear "Life101",

Thank you for taking the time to write an online review regarding your recent stay at the Crowne Plaza Dubai Deira.

We are pleased to read that you enjoyed the service by our Food and Beverage team as well as you liked the decor of the newly renovated rooms.

I am sorry that the car park facility has inconvenienced you and as you mentioned, I agree with you, that the most comfortable way to park your car is through our 24 hour valet parking service.

We hope we have another opportunity to welcome you back at another occasion.

Reviewed June 30, 2013

i recently stayed at yhe Crowne Plaza Deira on a business trip.
i was on the 6th floor ,the "executive" floor with access to the lounge.
for me the hotel was conveniently located (close to the airport where i had to attend meetings). the lounge is very nice and perfect to unwind after a stressful day over a drink. they have a large selection of hot and cold snacks and some nice sweets. the staff is asian and is very polite and smiling. the swimming pool was vey appealing even though i did not try it. the room was comfortable with a bath and a shower. it was not very original though. When i arrived my keys where waiting for me which is nice after a long journey when bed is calling. for me this hotel is of an excellent value. it is also a short walk from the metro to get to the airport or the malls. if the location suits you i strongly recommend you get a room on the upper floor.

• Stayed: June 2013
DXBCPManagement, Manager at Crowne Plaza Dubai-Deira, responded to this reviewResponded July 1, 2013

Dear "fredinlangkawi",

Thank you for taking the time to write a review at Tripadvisor.com.

We are very pleased to have received your feedback and in particular I am happy to note your comments regarding your Club Lounge experience. I am happy to share those wonderful comments with my team.

Please feel free to share your feedback with your friends and family. We would appreciate it and would ensure that they are well looked after too.

Reviewed June 29, 2013

I have stayed many times at the Crowne Plaza hotel in Deira. While it is a great location for the airport it may not be close enough to down town Dubai for all. But what I can say is that you will get very well looked after at this hotel. The rooms are excellent and spacious, I am lucky enough to always stay on the club level and on this level there is a private checkin desk with very professional and helpful girls where nothing is too much trouble. The club lounge is also a nice place with free Internet and breakfast and evening happy hour is also served and is excellent. The main dining room downstairs for breakfast is great with a huge choice although I would recommend another omelette/eggs chef as sometimes there is a long waiting list for them. At night this restaurant turns into an international Buffet, I must say the food is always excellent. Apart from the there is Harry's bar which has recently been refurbished and opened. The food is excellent and so is the choice of drinks. The only comment I have is that it's trying to be a sports bar and a disco club at the same time and it doesn't work. There are those that want to go and watch the sports and having a duke box loudly playing disco tunes doesn't work. Other than that I think the hotel could do with another restaurant as the only choice is a full buffet or pub food. The gym and pool areas are relaxing and there is even a nice girl giving out cold towels on hot days around the pool. This is one of my favorite hotels in Dubai, I would highly recommend it.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business

Dear "Bydand75",

Thank you for your feedback regarding your regular visit to the Crowne Plaza Dubai Deira.

We are delighted to host you regularly and are very pleased to hear that you highly recommend us.

Furthermore I would like to thank you very much for your wonderful feedback on the service provided by our Club Lounge and Recreation Team. Harry's Bar has just been reopened after a renovation so I appreciate your comments in order for us to improve the experience.

I am looking forward to welcome you back soon.