“Good Hotel”

Ranked #126 of 551 Hotels in Dubai
Mumbai (Bombay), India
“Good Hotel”
Reviewed April 29, 2013

Stayed over at Hotel Crowne Plaza in the month of April 2013. It was a company conference. The stay was for 4 days. This hotel is in the heart of the city with many Malls accessible. I found the check in easier. The food was good though this is restricted only to breakfast as we had Lunch & DInner at various Indian Restaurants. The Breakfast spread was Lavish & we enjoyed the same. The Rooms are clean & equipped with LCD TV, Coffee/Tea maker. All rooms have access to free WiFi. The ambiance is comfortable. This Hotel has a Disco joint which appears to be full every evening. Have not used the SPA or Pool facilities and hence could not give any review of the same. I find this an excellent place to stay & do not mind coming back.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
DXBCPManagement, Manager at Crowne Plaza Dubai-Deira, responded to this review, May 5, 2013
Dear ShashikantIyengar,

Thank you for choosing to stay at the Crowne Plaza Hotel Dubai Deira and for taking your time to write an online review regarding your latest visit.

We are very pleased to have received your feedback and are very happy that you enjoyed your stay and the hotel facilities. The hotel does not have a Disco so I am not quite sure which venue you refer to.

Hopefully next time time permits you to have the chance to experience our pool and massage treatment rooms.

We are looking forward to welcome you back soon and we would also really appreciate you if you would be so kind and share your experience with your business partners, friends and family. The hotel team would be more than delighted to look after them too.

Hotel Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (202)
  • Arabic first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Reviewed April 26, 2013

Came here with my husband and what a spectacular experience. The staff at this place are fantastic, customer service is the best I have come accross ever. The hotel is just perfect. Spotless and had everything we need, if ever you forget something, it is in your room. right down to a comb. Keep up the great work. 10 out of 10 from me. We will return.

• Stayed April 2013
1 Thank Harvey B
Dear Harvey B,

Thank you for reviewing the Crowne Plaza Dubai Deira on Tripadvisor.com.

We are thrilled and delighted to have read your review. It makes us very proud that you have rated us 10 out of 10 in terms of service and facilities.

I will be more than pleased to welcome you back and I would really appreciate you if you could share your experience with your friends and family. We would more than happy to look after them too.

Bern, Switzerland
Reviewed April 20, 2013

Was in dubai for Easter, stayed at this place.

Was a very nice pleasant stay. The rooms are very nice, we had a deluxe double and the bed was a very good sleep.
The breakfast was of good quality too, loved it. The newspaper service was also a treat.
The pool area good could with renovating, but the service up there as great.
Shame that some of the hotel is still under construction, am sure it will be even better once its all finished.
Final thing is that it's quite far out from the new town, so choose where you would like to spend most of your time. Although Deria has some very nice places, ie the creek area is amazing

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
DXBCPManagement, Manager at Crowne Plaza Dubai-Deira, responded to this review, April 20, 2013
Dear Sami H,

Thank you for sharing your feedback regarding your recent stay at the Crowne Plaza Dubai Deira.

We are delighted to hear that you enjoyed the service and facilities of our hotel. As part of the ongoing improvements in the hotel we are currently renovating our main bar Harry's, which is due to open at the end of next month. We also appreciate your comments on the pool. I would also like to confirm that we have taken your feedback on board and have plans in place to improve this outlet in the future as well.

I hope we have another opportunity to welcome you back soon.

St. Osyth, Essex
Reviewed April 13, 2013

This is a fantastic hotel. The staff could. To do enough for us and were always sincerely warm and welcoming! The Spice Island restaurant is lovely with a wide variety to choose from at breakfast and evening meals and is priced quite reasonably. We had a junior suite (room 104) and it was very nice, lots of room with a separate lounge area and walk in wardrobe. The bathroom was good, only one sink but the Amazing tub and shower made up for that! Bed was massive and very comfy. We had room service every night and it always came within 20 minutes and was lovely....can recommend the club sandwich! I can also highly recommend the combination massage......I can't remember the name of the lady that did mine, but it was in the top 10 of massages I have every had! Swimming pool is excellent too especially the pool service. We had access to the "club room" and used it every day, they always had lovely hot and cold snacks and the service, as usual was excellent! The only thing that was a disappointment for us was that they were refurbishing "Harry's Bar" which we had heard was an excellent place to hear live music...apparently it also has a cigar bar if you like that, but anyway it should be open again soon. We will be going back.

Room Tip: Get a club room if you can
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank starmimi
DXBCPManagement, Manager at Crowne Plaza Dubai-Deira, responded to this review, April 14, 2013
Dear "starmimi",

Thank you for choosing to stay at the Crowne Plaza Dubai Deira.

We are delighted to have read your review and are very pleased with your feedback, in particular with the comments regarding our colleagues and services we provide.

Harry's Bar is expected to re-open as a Sport Bar in the next few month and will be a wonderful dining alternative to Spice Island.

I hope we are able to welcome you back soon.

Lenasia, South Africa
Reviewed April 11, 2013

Checked in just around midnight. Check in was very pleasant and efficient. Being a Platinum member I was upgraded from a Club Room to a suite. Wifi, lounge access and breakfast were complimentary with the suite / Platinum membership. The room was really comfortable with a huge lounge area and separate large screen TV. The bathroom was very spacious with a bath and seperate shower. There was a complimentary fruit plate in the lounge area. The rooms were clean and well maintained. As I didn't want to be awakened early the next morning I had the 'do not disturb' sign switched on. When I left the room the next day there was a note under my door stating that they could not enter the room to leave some amenities. I had to call the font desk for these which I did but suprisingly nothing came. Breakfast was superb. The variety of food was more than adequate. The staff in Spice Island, where breakfast was being served were highly trained and very quick to respond to any needs. The quality of the food was also very good. I tried the Tikki Bar the same evening for a quick bite. Food was average. The lounge on the 6th floor has a nice selection of hot and cold snacks after 6:30pm. Tea and coffee etc available throughout the day. Here too, once again service levels were outstanding. The lifts and foyer look a bit dated but everything works well. The place is clean and in general the staff are well trained and very pleasant and very friendly... The only gripe I have is on check out I was charged DHS100 for Wifi. When I queried that it should have been no charge I was told that there were two options on the net when signing on and I must have selected the wrong one. I find that really silly as I logged on after midnight and I don't really remember being given options but there must have been, I guess. Most of the other ICH hotels I have stayed at, just ask you or the room number and Surname and the system logs you on. Why must there be options when it Is no charge? Other than this issue this is a really lovely hotel with very good staff. Will definitely return for another stay...

1 Thank AzTee
Dear Azeem T,

Thank you for writing a detailed review regarding you recent stay.

We are delighted to read that you enjoyed your stay and the facilities and services provided to you.

Furthermore I am very happy to note that you liked our newly renovated rooms and the breakfast experience. I like to apologize for some of the service and quality feedback and I would like to thank you for bringing those to our attention so we can follow up on them.

The hotel provides complimentary internet service in all rooms. However we offer an additional higher speed connection with a charge, in case guests would require fast downloading or streaming. I am sorry that you missed to notice the extra cost of this service.

We hope we have another opportunity to welcome you back soon.

Jordan
Reviewed April 10, 2013

Stayed at the Crown Plaza back in March , I was on a holiday with my husband. I liked everything about this hotel. The newly furnished rooms , the breakfast area and most importantly the friendliness of the employees.
At first we were a bit hesitant to book there since some reviews didn’t do this place justice.
Location is really good, close to the airport , Metro and taxis are always available. The pool is also very relaxing , though too many planes taking off due to the airport being so close by but we still enjoyed it. I would also recommend the buffet for dinner as it had a variety of cuisines to choose from
I would highly recommend the hotel to all those going on vacation , business or whatever else they have in mind.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear "Saidid",

Thank you for taking the time to write a review on Tripadvisor.com.

We are very pleased to read that you enjoyed your holiday and that you enjoyed the services and facilities we provided to you.

I hope we have another opportunity soon to welcome you back.

Memphis, Tennessee
Reviewed April 9, 2013

Outstanding Hotel for a stay in Dubai. Huge Suite with excellent amenities. Friendly, courteous, accomadating staff. Quiet rooms. Excellent location for access to Metro and city buses. Shuttle to nearby mall. Near the airport.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
DXBCPManagement, Manager at Crowne Plaza Dubai-Deira, responded to this review, April 11, 2013
Dear "J H",

Thank you for your compliments and sharing your experience regarding your latest stay on Tripadvisor.com.

We are delighted to read that your hotel experience was outstanding and that all the staff of the hotel were friendly, courteous and accommodating.

I hope to welcome you back soon.