“Great stay's everytime I visit Dubai.”

Crowne Plaza Dubai-Deira
Ranked #120 of 545 Hotels in Dubai
Portland, Oregon
“Great stay's everytime I visit Dubai.”
Reviewed October 24, 2012

Having stayed at this hotel at least a dozen times over the last year and a half I have just been so happy with the hotel as a whole. Even though they have been in the middle of an ongoing remodel they have gone to great lengths to ensure that their guests are taken care of. Currently I am staying in one of the newly refurbished rooms and it is nicely redone and very functional. At check in I was offered my upgrade due to my priority club status and internet was free. The new beds are also amazing, I have been sleeping really well here. The manager, Bruno Fischer, has done an exceptional job with his staff and I find ALL of them to be first class customer service professionals. Regardless of who I am interacting with at the hotel I find them all to be so welcoming and accommodating to anything I might need. Being a international corporate pilot I spend months every year staying in hotels all over the world and have come to appreciate and value hotels like the Crowne Plaza hotel in Deira. Although you can spend a lot more money for lodging in Dubai, the value you can get here is excellent. The public transit train line runs right past the front of the hotel so getting around Dubai from here is very easy. Great hotel.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
2 Thank Dan M
FlorinScarlat, Manager at Crowne Plaza Dubai-Deira, responded to this review, October 28, 2012
Dear "Dan M",

Thank you for writing your review on Tripadvisor.com.

We are delighted to have read your review about your frequent stays with us. Your comments regarding the hotel staff are very much appreciated and we are very pleased that despite the ongoing renovation in the hotel we are able to exceed your service expectation.

In the future we are looking forward to welcome you back during your many upcoming return visits.

Executive Assistant Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (200)
  • Arabic first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Berlin, Germany
Reviewed October 17, 2012

Crown Plaza Deira was an excellent choice for a stay in Dubai. It is newly renovated, with very nice and large rooms. Good if you need or want to stay in Dubai for one or two nights during your travel. Quite close to the airport and the incoming airplanes, but you don´t hear anything. The renovation was still ongoing (August 2012) but it was completely separated from the new floors.
The staff was very friendly, we got a full upgrade (executive floowr and benefits) as a platinum member.
Dubai itself is not really a great location, as is the location of the hotel - note, it is not a beach resort, so if you are looking for a hotel close to the sea, this is definitely not the right hotel for you.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank xirxy
FlorinScarlat, Manager at Crowne Plaza Dubai-Deira, responded to this review, October 21, 2012
Dear "xirxy",

Thank you for taking your time to write a review regarding your latest visit to the Crowne Plaza Hotel Dubai Deira.

We are delighted to hear that you have enjoyed your stay with us. We are very pleased that you like the newly renovated rooms and that our colleagues made you feel special and valued as a Priority Club Platinum member.

In future, we hope that we have another opportunity to welcome you back soon.

Phnom Penh, Cambodia
Reviewed October 10, 2012

I chanced on this Crowne Plaza as the one in Festival City was unfortunately full. It was not very convenient for my own purposes - given some of the horrendous traffic jams we encountered - but it of course would be for the Deira area and also very much so for the airport.

The hotel has just been taken over from Marriott and is currently being renovated. I had not been advised of this by the airport agent and was very put off on arrival especially given the relatively high rate, the strong smell of paint and the sight of half the lobby being under construction! However, I was mercifully allocated a room where none of this had any impact on my stay whatsoever.

The room was itself spankingly newly renovated and quite lovely. Very stylish decor, a great bathroom with luxurious bath tub and a fabulously comfortable bed.

However, it was the hotel staff who changed my trip from being a wearying one-night disaster into a comforting, friendly and even joyous experience. They really are EXCEPTIONAL - dedicated, genuinely kind people who are also clearly extremely well-trained. I would particularly mention the concierge - who ranked among the best I have ever encountered... Then there was the most delightful receptionist imaginable... And then the bellboys who went well beyond the call of duty to assist with taxis and cumbersome packages... Every member of staff I encountered, actually!

Despite the temporary renovations, this hotel was everything a hotel should be and more. Other far grander hotels in the region have a lot to learn from this level of consummate professionalism and service.

Room Tip: The rooms nearer the bar in the atrium are quite noisy from loud music if you want to go to sleep be...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank Balm S
FlorinScarlat, Manager at Crowne Plaza Dubai-Deira, responded to this review, October 16, 2012
Dear "Balm S",

Thank you for making your reservation at the Crowne Plaza Hotel Dubai Deira. I am delighted that you have chosen to stay with us and that you have taken your time to write your feedback on Tripadvisor.com.

I am very pleased to receive your comments about our colleagues. We are very proud that our attitude and skills have turned you from an initial disappointing into a satisfied guest.

We have shared your review at our monthly staff gathering as a shiny example of how we can delight our guests to ensure we continue to do so in the future.

I am looking forward to welcome you back soon.

Manchester, United Kingdom
Reviewed September 26, 2012

A great hotel, with unbelieveable service. The staff remembered my name and used it to greet me each time I came back into the hotel. I was upgraded to a premium room on the top floor, which was very spacious and comfortable. The upgrade also gave me access to the Lounge (although the actual Lounge is being renovated, a replacement has been built near Reception) which was great, as it meant I had complementary breakfast and a drinks reception each evening until 20:30. Overall an excellent hotel.

Room Tip: Book or hope for an upgrade to get a room on the top (sixth) floor - comes with Lounge access which...
1 Thank mattbeaman99
FlorinScarlat, Manager at Crowne Plaza Dubai-Deira, responded to this review, September 30, 2012
Dear "mattbeaman99",

Thank you for your review on Tripadvisor.com.

We are very delighted to have received you review and to read your comments regarding your recent experience at the Crowne Plaza Dubai Deira.

In behalf of all colleagues I would to thank you for your wonderful words about your stay with us. We are very pleased that we have exceeded your expectation and that you have enjoyed the facilities and services provided by us. I am delighted to share your feedback with the hotel team.

We are looking for to welcome you back soon.

Kuwait City, Kuwait
Reviewed September 24, 2012

Stayed at Crown Plaza Deira in Dubai for three nights on a recent business trip. The hotel was convenient for all attractions, room excellent and very well thought out in design, facilities excellent. But what stood out most of all was the fantastic staff, every single member of the staff were friendly, professional and the levels of service were exceptional. I have been lucky to stay in hotels costing four times as much on business and vacation. But the staff in this hotel were the very best i have ever had the pleasure of meeting. Better than 5 star service.
The manager of this hotel should be very proud of their team. If you are staying in Dubai give it a try.

Room Tip: Ask for room overlooking pool, however just for the service you will get from amazing staff it does...
1 Thank Steve W
FlorinScarlat, Manager at Crowne Plaza Dubai-Deira, responded to this review, September 27, 2012
Dear Steve W.,

Thank you very much for choosing to stay at the Crowne Plaza Hotel Dubai Deira and for taking the time to write a review.

We absolutely thrilled to have received your fantastic feedback. Comments like yours motivates us to ensure that we continuously aim to provide our guest with the best hospitality available. I have shared your wonderful review with the hotel colleagues.

We are very happy to read that you have enjoyed our hotel facilities. But we are more delighted to note that our team has made your stay memorable.

Kuwait City, Kuwait
Reviewed September 24, 2012

Very attentive staff and excellent hotel.

Would highly reocommend it to anynoe.

The rooms have very new and up to date. The staff knows the are a well and was really open to assiststing me with getting around

Dear "b d",

Thank you very much for taking the time to write a review on Tripadvisor.com.

We are delighted to have read your feedback regarding your recent visit and have shared your kind comments with the rest of the hotel.

I am pleased to note that you have enjoyed the newly renovated rooms and the service by our colleagues.

Coffs Harbour, Australia
Reviewed September 13, 2012

This was an excellent hotel service fabulous , beautiful rooms great meals Just don't go to Dubai in Ramadan. Otherwise just fabulous. We received excellent service from all staff from the bell boy to the manager. The guys managed to get us taxis for great prices we hied one for 3 hrs he ran us all over to do shopping.

Room Tip: I would think all rooms would be good. We had no noise
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank heleno120
FlorinScarlat, Manager at Crowne Plaza Dubai-Deira, responded to this review, September 16, 2012
Dear "heleno120",

Thank you very much for choosing to stay at the Crowne Plaza Hotel Dubai Deira and for taking the time to write a review on Tripadvisor.com.

The Crowne Plaza Hotel Dubai Deira Team and myself are delighted to read that you enjoyed your stay and that you were pleased with the service provided to you by our colleagues. I am happy to share your feedback with everybody in the team. Comments like yours motivate us to give the best service to our guests.

Bruno Fischer