JW Marriott Hotel Dubai
Shangri-La Hotel, Dubai(Dubai)(Great Value!)
$180
$136
Jumeirah Emirates Towers(Dubai)(Great Value!)
$174
$123
JW Marriott Marquis Hotel Dubai(Dubai)(Great Value!)
$118
$337
$249
$270
  • Pool
Grosvenor House Dubai(Dubai)(Great Value!)
$211
$155
$240
$191
Orbitz.com
$1,225
1,426 results
All reviewsthe executive loungebamboo lagoonmarket place restaurantclose to the airportpiano barhealth clubbit datedrooftop poolbusiness hotelspecial thanksrooms are spaciousupgraded to a suitemetro stationdeiraatriumgymconcierge
Reviewed October 28, 2012

Hi everyone, I travel frequently and stay in hotels all over the world as part of my job so I see a lot of hotels and although I have my standards I can be flexible to a point. I want to start off with the good. This is a beautiful hotel!! Definitely classy for a property located so close to the airport. There are lots of amenities in the hotel and overall the staff was very friendly(except one, more on that in a minute). It has a beautiful pool on the roof, the lobby area is gorgeous, and the room was way above standard. I also enjoyed one of the hotel restaurants(italian) and the food and service was awesome!!!!!! Now the bad. This is not a regular hotel I stay in and is used more as an overflow hotel for our company so the possibility of using it more by our company is very real and I hope if the hotel manager reads this(as i have learned they often do) he or she will take a few notes. Okay, onto the bad. The restaurants are not cheap!!!!! I think they were a little overpriced to be honest , perhaps a slight reduction in price would attract more people into the hotel restaurants versus heading outside. Many of my co-workers chose to eat outside the hotel because of the price. I had a nice early lunch by the pool and the pool staff were very friendly and accomodating, I did have to wait a bit for my food but I think the kitchen was just getting started for the day so I can forgive that. Excellent pool staff(the health club staff also was very friendly). Internet use was also a little pricey in the room compared to other hotels I have stayed at. Did not seem comparable but inflated a bit like the restaurants.
Okay, my main complaint was on checkout. The man checking me out, I will leave his name out but will say his first initial was a "K" and the last initial was a "D" started out friendly then quickly became hostile when I asked for a change in the billing. He began to chastise and scold me right at the front desk!!! I was shocked and pissed and couldn't believe it was happening. I bit my tongue for a bit but he continued to display an arrogance and rudeness I have never experienced in any hotel I have ever stayed in. Maybe he was stressed but his behavior toward me was TOTALLY unacceptable. I don't believe I was rude in any way whatsoever and did not deserve this rude and unprofessional treatment. If I were the management reading this review I would have a serious conversation with this man or remove him from the front desk altogether. He will definitely cost the hotel business by forgetting the golden rule in customer service, "The customer is always right". I would not leave such a strong review of an otherwise beautiful hotel but the arrogant rude nature of this one employee left me walking out the door of the hotel angry! So, in all, beautiful hotel, close to the airport, front desk staff(not all, most were wonderful) need some counseling.

1  Thank flyerr
richard_bleakley, Manager at JW Marriott Hotel Dubai, responded to this reviewResponded November 26, 2012

Many thanks for your detailed feedback. We have looked into the issues you stated and have taken action to develop our front office team and the standards they work to.

Reviewed October 27, 2012

This is a four star hotel in a five star location. Pool bar, numerous restaurants and great service.

However, my airport transfer never picked me up (but it was super easy to jump in a tax, very safe!) and the one time I used a hotel cab, they took me to the wrong address and charged me a lot.

But otherwise, I hada great experience :)

1  Thank Chickletducks

many thanks for your feedback. We are glad you had a good stay.

Reviewed October 26, 2012

I'm a frequent business traveler and I spent a lot of time at Marriott properties. I have stayed at this hotel on two pervious occasiosn and I enjoyed both visits. This is a negative review but I feel it necessary to comment on my prior stays as the hotel does do something things right. That said, the circumstances around this stay where unacceptable--I won't be back.

I arrived at the hotel after over 24 hours of travel. When I arrived around 8:30pm I had to wait almost ten minutes to get a room assigned. I'm a Platinum member and I had made a reservation several day in advance yet a king non-smoking quiet room was not available. To be fair, the front desk team was trying to upgrade me to a nicer room but given that I was checking out at 8am the next day I really just needed a room. After a lot of discussion they put me in a room in the old tower on the first floor. I told them I had specifically asked for a high floor room and I was amazed that it was so difficult to get a Platinum member a room that met his preferences. I was told "well we are pretty full tonight". Wrong answer.

When I finally got to my room I was preparing to take a shower and noted that no wash cloths were in the bathroom. I called the operator and asked to have some sent up but it ended up taking over 10 minutes for someone to arrive at my room. At this point it had taken me longer to check-in and get into the shower than it did to get from the airplane thru customs and to the hotel--not good for someone who has been traveling for 24 hours. At the 10 min mark I called for the manager on duty. Rather than tell me he was working the issue he wanted to have a discussion with me to explain why it was difficult to get wash cloths to me in a timely manner. Wrong answer #2. To make matters worse after the situation was resolved he kept calling my room until I finally put a do not disturb on my phone.

The next morning when I prepared to depart I noticed a local call charge on my room bill. I elected to check out at the desk outside of the Executive Lounge. When I arrived the person there could not help me because her computer was down so had some breakfast. I did not have a lot of time so I asked to check out quickly and I told her there was a local call on the bill but that I didn't make any local calls. She told me I was probably confused and refused to take the call off of the bill. She went on to say that she could call the number and try to track down who it was that I called. This did not please me and I told her I was a Platinum member with a 1,000 Dirham bill and it was amazing that she thought I was trying to rip the hotel off for 18 Dirhams. I refused to deal with her given her disrespectful conduct and instead went to the front desk. This was a mistake as I ran into the same problem at the front desk. The person who handled my checkout identified himself as the front desk manager. I told him to take the call off of my bill and he told me that I had to present "evidence" that I didn't make the call and that obviously someone didn't just sneak into my room and make the call. He was rude and hostile and told me he was going to call the number to verify who it was. I was utterly amazed that I was being treated so rudely as a frequent Marriott guest. When he called the number he rang the hotel assistant manager. Apparently when the operator forwarded my call to the assistant manager the night before she billed my room for the call. The front desk manager asked me if I had called the hotel manager the night before and he told me "well that was it" and he then removed the charge and explained again how he needed "evidence" that the call was charged incorrectly. To restate--the hotel put me in a room that was missing items and then took a long time to get me what I needed. When I called the manager for assistance I was billed for the call and when I questioned the charge I was treated in the most disrespectful manner I have ever encountered EVER at any Marriott property. I stated my intent to report this incident to the hotel manager and asked for his card. I was told I would need to sit and wait as the manager's card is not just given out and the front desk would need to track down the General Manager and explain to him why his card was needed. I was then told "just sit down and wait--that is not too much to ask". Keep in mind at this point I was running late to my flight after having to prove I didn't make a phone call. At this point I departed the hotel.

Room Tip: Request the new tower.
3  Thank Seattle0007

Many thanks for your comments. We are very sorry your stay was not up to the normal standards that we set. We do hope you will try the JW Dubai again.

Reviewed October 12, 2012

Here is what I have to say about this establishment: "EXCELLENT" everything!

The place is just beautiful, spacious, breakfest is a treat, excellent service, people are friendly, helpful, large variety of everything, just a great place to stay.

Is truly a great expereince.

Thanks so much!

V/r,

James E. Whitt

Room Tip: Only one problem is making reservations for USA personnel, they have problems with our credit cards on line, you have to call them at the hotel. Yes you have to physically call them which is time consuming.
  • Stayed: February 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank jewhitt1

Many thanks for your great feedback!

Reviewed October 4, 2012

This is a great hotel with wonderful service. I have stayed here many times. As a Marriott Gold member you have the best of the best treatment. Essentially you are paying for the whole enchilada at that point. They give you breakfast, lunch, dinner and cocktails.... if your a gold member.... its amazing. If yuo are staying there for more than a few days I think you can purchase a JW Dubai specific membership to enjoy the same benefits. Regardless it is amazing! The only downside is location... You have to take a taxi to get everywhere other than Diera, but like I said if you are looking to hibernate fairly close to the airoprt and have access to everything you need and more THIS IS THE SPOT!

Room Tip: I happened to be there during some sort of belly dancing competition... supposedly that was taking place at 2am. I would be weary of that type of stuff.
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled solo

Many thanks for your kind feedback. We look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel soon.