“JW Steak House.... very good...but in a hotel...”

JW Marriott Hotel Dubai
Ranked #92 of 545 Hotels in Dubai
Manchester, United Kingdom
“JW Steak House.... very good...but in a hotel...”
Reviewed October 1, 2012

Nice looking American style steak house within the hotel lobby. It just feels a bit false and soulless like many Dubai establishments. That said the service and food was excellent and we had a very nice meal indeed.

The atrium bar / restaurant is horrible as its a smoking area....

Room Tip: be aware if you use the roof top pool its in the direct flight path of the airport.... quite loud!
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
richard_bleakley, Manager at JW Marriott Hotel Dubai, responded to this review, October 2, 2012
Many thanks for your comments regarding the JW Steak House; we are delighted you enjoyed your meal. We will take all your comments on baord and use them to help us improve the service we offer.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (255)
  • Arabic first
  • Greek first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Tampa, Florida
Reviewed September 29, 2012

As others have mentioned, you more or less get what you would expect from a Marriott here, although I felt internet was overpriced. There is a good variety of food available, again slightly overpriced at times. Staff are courteous without being overbearing or rude. All in all, its what I would expect.

Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
Many thanks for your feedback. We do hope you will stay with us again soon.
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed September 26, 2012

I had to transfer hotels as I needed to use a meeting room and the one I booked was full. The JW Marriot is large, grand, a little tired looking compared to some of the other hotels in Dubai but overall ok - or so I thought. I paid for the executive floor - and al the moment, am listening to booming noise coming our of the restaurant on the ground floor - and I'm on the 5th! i complained several times last night and this evening - the staff tried to be accommodating but the noise still persists. It is now 115am, and there's another 2 hours to go. Not impressed. Also, for someone staying on the executive floor - I was shocked to be charged Internet fees in my room! To get free wifi I have to move to the lounge! Definitely not a hotel I'll be recommending or coming back to.

4 Thank sw4girluk
Many thanks for your feedback. We will take all your comments and share them with the team. We are always trying to improve the standard of service and all feedback helps us do that.
Scandihouligan
Reviewed September 20, 2012

Personnel are i bit too extra friendly and that is not natural anymore. same person walks by 16 times and every single time greets; coming and going. Too much is too much. It is artificial. Other than that, all other things considering, it was a pleasure to be there, I recommend.

Room Tip: It is not the room, it is the mattress and pillows (too big).
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
Many thanks for your feedback. We look forward to you returning to the hotel again soon.
cheshire
Reviewed September 15, 2012

this hotel is 5 minutes by taxi from airport, exspencive on day but book in advance and you will be suprised, one good thing it has smoking rooms 618-632 its really 5 star the rooms wow!! massive we had two flat 40 inch screens in our room, the room s are imaculate and clean i think better than the vip suites. the staff so helpful and the food and bars are a treat the layout is vast inside, there is also a sports bar between the hotel and shopping centre corridor 1 floor down by the lift little pricey but good closes at 3-00 am your not far from down town by taxi. i go plane spotting there and you could not ask for a more favourable hotel. roof top swimming pool and bar excellent for views.

Room Tip: all rooms superb like i said smoking rooms 618-632
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled with friends
Many thanks for your comments. we are delighted you had a good stay with us.
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
Reviewed September 9, 2012

Stayed here for one night with my wife and daughter.

Generally, we had a very good experience here - I think that our room was upgraded which was very welcome and the room itself was spacious and very clean.

The staff were very charming and could not do enough to help, especially with placing us and our baby carrier at mealtimes. They offered us a late checkout too, which was much welcomed.

I think that the key selling point here is actually the food - it's easy to offer a range of cuisines as a gimmick and do them badly, but to offer a mediterranean place, a beerhalle, a Polynesian place, an Italian and a number of nice cafes and do each well is not common in Dubai. They have managed to find a nice balance between quality and unpretentiousness which is another admirable quality in a Dubai hotel.

Only downsides were that our loo didn't flush properly and that the strange booking system meant that I couldn't confirm that my room would be a non-smoking king double until the day before we travelled.

We will be back.

Room Tip: Book through their website - I am confident that they offer the best rates.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank BartyCrouch
Many thanks for your great comments. We look forward to when you return again soon.
Beirut, Lebanon
Reviewed September 4, 2012

I have recently been to JW Marriott in Dubai, and it was actually my third visit to that hotel, and the longest.

In general, it was an extremely positive experience, from start to end. As soon as I checked-into my room, room service quickly brought in foam pillows and additional towels, as requested when booking on their website.

My room was spacious, and the bathroom looks renovated. Although I have been to more 'modern' rooms elsewhere, this one was comfortable and homey. I particularly liked the strong water pressure in the shower.

The wired internet in my room was fast, but the WiFi was not reliable, and the signal was weak in my room, which caused frequent disconnections. In public areas, WiFi was mostly good though.

Room service menu offers a large variety, and food quality is good. Additionally, there are many restaurants on-site: German, International, Asian, Lebanese and Italian. Hotel guests earned 20% discount on their restaurant bill during the time I spent there. The Sushi section in the Asian restaurant can definitely be better, the Lebanese and the German restaurants are a must-see.

The executive lounge offers a rich breakfast in the morning. There are some snacks during the day, and happy hours in the early evening.

Staff is friendly, warm, extremely helpful and accommodating: from the guys who helped me get taxis, to the ones in the executive lounge, room service...

I liked the pool on top, and the gym as well; although the latter has a yellowish look that makes it feel old, the machines are good. They also do some aerobics just next to the gym, and it is LOUD, which might disturb you if you're trying to relax in the adjacent spa.

On the weekend, music coming out of the restaurants can be heard in my room till late hours.

One downside, it's a HUGE hotel, so my room was far from the elevator, far from the gym and far from the lounge, so it's couple minutes walk to each of them. Another downside, is the location: the area is not touristic at all.

If I ever need to be in that area again, I will definitely choose this hotel again, and I obviously recommend it.

Room Tip: Rooms situated on the internal 'ring' seem to intercept music coming from the restaurants du...
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled solo
1 Thank Elias A
Many thanks for your feedback. We will take all your comments on baord to help us improve your the service that we offer.