All reviewsal rigga metro stationroom was clean and comfortablereception staffclose to the airporthouse keepingrecommend this hotelthe ground floorbreakfast buffethome away from homeconvenient locationearly checkmini barpleasant staybusiness tripashraftaxiluggage
Reviewed November 19, 2012

I stayed at the Avari Hotel for 4 days. The stay was really nice and so is the staff, in the end I was almost sorry to leave.
Upon arriving I found myself amongst smiles from the very first person I met (Emma). She explained everything I had available and gave me the internet password to use the service.
Entering the room, I found it clean and quiet bathroom is spacious and very clean. The mattress was nice to my liking with crisp linen. The interactive TV was easy to use and I was able to check my emails and watch free movies offered by the hotel on the TV. You can pretty much stay in the room all day without getting bored; but I was there for work.
Very rich and tasty breakfast, I love my scrambled eggs for breakfast and it is freshly made in front of you to your choice. With each breakfast I became more spoiled.
The Russian Pub was a nice place to spend time at in the evening, though the hotel is not close to the beach but they arrange for a bus.
These are the things that made me enjoy my stay at the Avari Hotel. They know how to really make you feel like at home, Congratulations from the heart, you were fantastic.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank HappyAdventure679
ECRM, Manager at Avari Dubai Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded November 25, 2012

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your feedback of your stay at the Avari Dubai Hotel!

We are pleased that you had a comfortable stay at Avari Hotel. Your compliments have been conveyed to the team who are more than happy to be at your service in the future. For any suggestion of improvement, please do send us an email on the addresses available at our website, it sure is imperative for us to know your opinion.

We would love to welcome you back for your next trip to Dubai!

Have very pleasant days ahead

Best Regards,

Aneela

Reviewed November 6, 2012

i am a frequent visitor of dubai and this was my first visit to this hotel i was amazed to see the hotel the service staff was good and the hotel was centrally located. I had a normal booking and the reception staff was very nice and the way he explained me i changed my room to a club floor room. it was worth doing that i got lounge facility also the happy hour was nice the breakfast was nice and simple but you had a choice to have it in the room or go to the restaurant.

the night life was good and after i came from my official work used the Russian pub which was nice. Was there for 3 days will again come back on my next trip keep up the good work.

Room Tip: take room on club floor as you get benefits you can use like free drop and pickup, lounge and happy hour, or take higher floor
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business

Dear Guest,

Thank you so much for your priceless comments, we really appreciate your taking the time out to post this review for Avari Dubai Hotel!!!

We await to welcome you back for your next trip to Dubai and will try our best in exceeding your expectations every time you stay with us. For any suggestion of improvement, please do send us an email on the addresses available at our website, we would love to receive your opinion, suggestions and feedback.

We look forward to welcome you again at hotel Avari, soon!

Have very pleasant days ahead

Best Regards,

Aneela

Reviewed November 4, 2012

the location of the hotel is very good. it has very nice night clubs. swimming pool is very small. I only had bad experience while coming from airport. driver of my taxi was not knowing the exact location. when i called hotel, without giving complete info, they used to hang. i called up 4 times and same thing happened particulary the guy speaking in arabic there. it was so frustrating and disgusting. other than this bad experience, it was okay.

Room Tip: on the upper floors
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
Ramzi A, General Manager at Avari Dubai Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded November 6, 2012

Dear Mr. Khalid.

Thank you for posting your review on Trip Advisor.

Our hotel has opened in 1996, and I would say that at least 90% of the Dubai taxi drivers know its location. I have personally investigated the telephone operator issue, the records show that on the date of your arrival, when you were calling the hotel to get directions, the switchboard had a technical issue, which we were trying to sort out with the support team. Our apologies for the inconvenience caused. The matter has now been rectified.

I look forward to welcome you personally at the Avari Dubai Hotel on your next trip.

Reviewed October 17, 2012

I'd booked a business room on the 6th floor that featured complimentary airport transfers, use of the business class lounge with happy hour between 6 and 8 plus other things. The room was large and clean but looked very tired - the 1970's style lime green chair with foot rest was slightly bizarre. The bathroom was desperately in need of restoration. The bed was like sleeping on a paving slab - very hard, this didn't help a good nights sleep but then neither did the noisy a/c system. The business class lounge was closed most of the time I was there and when it was open didn't seem to have any customers so didn't particularly want to go and sit in there on my own. Breakfast was ok but nothing special although you could get freshly made omelettes. The staff were very friendly and free wi-fi is always good. Location wise the hotel is about 10 min walk to the Metro and its in the old part of Dubai which will please some people but not be for everybody.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled solo
2  Thank ianjmorley
Ramzi A, General Manager at Avari Dubai Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded October 18, 2012

Dear Mr. Morley,

Thank you for posting your review on Trip Advisor.

This is to inform you that the rooms where renovated in 2009, giving it that modern look, as it can be seen on our website and wherever we are featured on the internet. The bathrooms have been "refreshed" with the installation of new tiles. All mattresses were also changed during the renovation process. Prompt action has been taken, with regards to the Lounge which is now manned at all times. We are sorry if this has caused any inconvenience during your stay.

Thank you for praising our employees. Your comments will be shared with my Team.

I look forward to welcome you again personally at our hotel. Should you have any further issues to discuss, do not hesitate to contact me directly on the email mentioned on our website.

Reviewed October 10, 2012

This hotel was personally referred to me by a friend who has checked in there, so I have added it to the list of the top hotels I should visit during my vacation.

I was reading the reviews and I find it very useful so what I did is call the hotel itself to ask for some more information before deciding to book a room.

The telephone operator was very friendly and was very polite when I asked her to transfer me to the reception or conceirge.

Waited for several rings then a guy who introduced himself as S-neil greeted me on the other line. At first it was fine, then I started asking about the rate and more details about the hotel like the type of cuisine they serve and other offers they currently have but was irritated when the guy on the other line kept on holding me without even warning me that he is putting me on hold. Unprofessional! I don't mind about that but what irritates me is when he does not let me even finish my questions before holding me and interrupting me with my questions! I guess the operator diverted me to a bellboy instead of a receptionist.
I got pissed off and hung up.

I never got the chance to visit the hotel yet but I am still looking forward to visit it this year.
However, I personally believe the management has to work on the phone etiquette of their staff.

Stayed: October 2012, traveled solo
Ramzi A, General Manager at Avari Dubai Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded October 12, 2012

Dear Mr. Peter,

Thank you for posting your review on Trip Advisor.

Please accept our sincere apologies on how your request was handled. I have personally investigated this matter, and rest assured that further action will be taken for such incidents not to happen again in the future.
On another note, I am pleased to hear of your intention to use our property in the future, and look forward to personally welcome you at our hotel.

Once you have set the dates of your trip, kindly sent me a note to my businessl email which is posted on our hotel website.