All reviewsal rigga metro stationroom was clean and comfortablereception staffclose to the airporthouse keepingrecommend this hotelthe ground floorbreakfast buffethome away from homeconvenient locationearly checkmini barpleasant staybusiness tripashraftaxiluggage
Reviewed April 17, 2012

My company's regular Dubai hotel was full so I was sent to the Avari which is an approved "overflow" hotel. My company insists that it paid for two days, and up to 4PM (5PM checkout) I was assured that a two day stay was covered. Then, after three hours of shopping, I return to the hotel and my door key won't work. I proceed to the lobby where they tell me that the company paid for only ONE day (I subsequently checked with the travel office and they confirmed paying for two days). When they threatened to call the POLICE, I had no choice but to cough up $126 to pay for the second day. This practice is apparently common in other "less civilized" parts of the world, but I never expected it in Dubai. Because my company has a receipt for paying for two days I am not able to get reimbursed. So no, $126 is not going to break me, but I am still seething from this kind of treatment. Although the hotel was clean, and most of the people were polite, does it make it better that they smile when twisting the knife? I would highly discourage anyone from using this hotel as they are hundreds of hotels in Dubai that will not extort money from you.

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled on business
2  Thank GringoLoco2
Ramzi A, General Manager at Avari Dubai Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded April 24, 2012

Dear Gringoloco1,

Thank you for taking time in writing to us.

First of all, we would like to thank you for your positive comments on the hotel cleanliness and politeness of the employees.

All bookings sent to us with regards to your group from the other property are always valid for one night. Extensions are made only when our hotel receives instructions to do so.
It looks like the miscommunication issue was between the agent and the other hotel, whereby, you were not properly informed about the 2nd night.
Being an approved overflow hotel, please understand that we cannot be responsible for this, as we apply instructions as received.
We do apologize for the mishap that it has caused, and your concern will be relayed to the agent and other hotel.

Should you require further assistance, do not hesitate to contact me through our website.

Best regards.

Reviewed March 20, 2012

We are frequent visitors to the Avari but this experience left us in dismay as this guy doesn't know how to communicate, nor understands what we are requesting, management to do on this part,i would rather ask them to keep a person who can communicate AND UNDERSTAND OUR NEEDS, At the end front desk bailed me out as my evening been ruined due to this gentleman.Hope my next visit will be a nice one,apart from this every thing was good as usual.To be frank we are loyal guests of Avari's. Hope Mr Avari will take care.

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled on business
Ramzi A, General Manager at Avari Dubai Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded March 25, 2012

Dear Ms. Elisa,

Thank you for sending your comments to our attention.
As we are pleased to hear that you are loyal to our hotel we are also sorry to hear that there was
a communication problem during your stay. Although there are no details mentioned in your review, we do apologize for the inconvenience caused and rest assured that we will take the necessary action for such issues not to occur again in the future.
Meanwhile, should you wish to provide us with further details, you may do so by contacting us directly, through the emails mentioned on our website. Best regards.

Reviewed March 2, 2012

I stayed at Avari Hotel for 4 nights during Feb 2012. Upon arrival the staff were friendly and very welcoming. They were very obliging to my family and I. The rooms at clean and in room service pretty prompt. The only negative aspect about the hotel room is the bathroom. The rooms have been upgraded with modern fittings and furnishing,however the bathroom clearly requires upgrading. The breakfast was decent, but could do with a bit more variety for vegetarians.
I would recommend the hotel restaurant for dinner. Loads of variety and food is freshly prepared....Overall a very pleasant stay!

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed February 29, 2012

It was a very nice trip and the location of the hotel is very apt to get connected to whole dubai, The rooms were clean and good,I would have liked if they could provide a variety in the food but was good,Had a problem with the internet but interactive tv was good,and i appreciate for the prompt service that too quick,there was noise and sounds in the night, We enjoyed every bit of our stay.definitely we would love to be at Avari Dubai.

Room Tip: Twin bed and superior rooms were good.
  • Stayed: February 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Rahularyan
Reviewed February 13, 2012

me and my husband stayed in Dubai as part of a stopover package and was given the Avari Hotel as part of our stay. at first i wasn't sure having seen the not so high rating on TripAdvisor, so my expectations were not as high, but i was pleasantly surprised. From the quick and efficient pick-up from the airport to the hassle free check-in to the beautifully large sized very clean superior room. the staff were very helpful, breakfast buffet did lack a bit of choice but I'm not that fussy so it was fine for me. The Al-Rigga metro station is within short walking distance from the hotel with stations taking u to the Diera city centre, Mall of the Emirates, Dubai mall and Burj al Kalifa. its a very cheap and easy way to get around in Dubai compared to taxi. overall i'm very pleased and would recommend this hotel to EVERYONE & ANYONE

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled as a couple