“Amazing New Year”

Pullman Dubai Creek City Centre
Ranked #43 of 554 Hotels in Dubai
Reviewed September 13, 2013

We checked in to the Pullman hotel to celebrate new year 2012. The hotel was amazing, the UAE really know how to treat people. The room was massive with great views over Dubai. The rooftop pool and sunbathing area was welcomed, as during the day it was warm even in the winter. Food in the restaurant was expensive but worth it. Taxis are cheap so you can get around really easy without worrying. The hotel is attached to the Mall of the Emirates, so there's plenty of exclusive shops. They have the indoor Ski Slope, it's great and a must do...

Room Tip: Ask for a corner room on a high floor.
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
There are newer reviews for Pullman Dubai Creek City Centre

Reviewed September 13, 2013

This hotel was ideal for a stopover on a long trip home to Australia from Europe. Room was of a high standard and provided all the essentials. The food at breakfast was a little different for my Australian tastes but there was plenty to choose from. Bathroom design needs attention. The shower is in the bath with a small screen and at the narrow end of the bath which had very high sides and tricky getting out when it is all wet. Easy access to the shopping centre with lots of options.
While we were staying at the hotel there was construction work being carried out and while we were advised at 3 am during our check that there would be construction noise between 10am and 6pm this was not adhered to by the builders or someone was "telling stories." The 3 days we were in the hotel, work started at 7am. and went well pass 6 pm. in fact we believe that there was construction noise at 12 pm one night.
I was impressed with the staff and their attention although the dismissive attitude of the checkout staff when we mentioned the noise left me with a poor impression of their empathy to our interrupted slumbers.

Room Tip: Check when building work is going on. low floors are noisy.
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Alan3591
Reviewed September 9, 2013

We had previously rated the Marco Polo in Hong Kong as our No 1 Hotel, that was before staying at this superb hotel. Our travel agent had booked the Executive floor and for the few extra dollars it is worth it. We were treated like royalty during out stay and all the staff were outstanding. It was the little things that highlighted our stay e.g. we would ask a staff member where something was in the hotel and they would not just tell you they would take you there and then show you around. Our airport transfer did not turn up so the Bell Clerk organised their own car to take us to the airport. Every staff member went out of their way to ensure our stay was the very best.
Plus it is a great location above the City Centre Mall and the Metro a mere stroll away. We intend to go back and stay a few days longer next time.

Room Tip: Our tip would be to stay on the Executive floor, well worth the extra dollars.
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 8, 2013

I haven't stayed at this property as yet - i'll be there next month - but I wanted to comment as they have provided wonderful flexibility and communication with my booking - as I had booked different dates to my actual arrival date.

They didn't have to amend my reservation dates, it was my mistake, but they have done so and I am extremely grateful.

I think this shows the excellent customer service standards at this property and am really looking forward to my stay.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 4, 2013

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com
Reviewed September 4, 2013

It can be quite difficult to assess a hotel in Dubai during Ramadan as restaurants and some services are closed/unavailable during the day.

The Check In - Pretty smooth with no welcome drink on arrival, you tend to only get the welcome drinks at 5 star hotels and the Pullman Dubai is certainly not a 5 Star Hotel.

The Room - The room was pretty much a standard room of medium size with a flat screen TV, iPod dock, minibar and a firm bed, probably firmer that lying on a concrete slab. The pillows were also uncomfortable. But after an 11 hour flight you tend not to worry too much about the bed or pillows. There was also a couple of comfortable chairs and a side table as well. Tea and coffee making facilities were also available in room.

The Bathroom - The shower isn't a separate shower it is in the bathtub. You almost have to be a high jumper to get into the bathtub as the step in is quite high and not recommended for the elderly. There was no powerpoint in the bathroom which frustrated my wife as she usually enjoys blow drying her hair in the bathroom.

The Facilities - Due to it being Ramadan the rooftop pool was closed (I would have liked to have known that at the time of booking as I most likely would not have stayed there). However, the hotel did offer a courtesy shuttle service to their sister hotel 200 metres down the road to use the pool which was at the Novotel. Not ideal, but at least an option. The complimentary Wifi Internet throughout the hotel and rooms was of a high speed and very good.

The Location - If you are looking for a hotel close to the airport, and I mean close, no more than a 4-5 minute drive then the Pullman comes into the equation. One of the big pluses for the hotel is that it attached to a large shopping mall which has a Carrefour Supermarket in it as well as various fashion shops. It was also around a 30 - 40 AED taxi ride to Dubai Mall.

The Check Out - Frustrating to say the least. The lady appeared not to know what she was doing, not just with me but also another guest. I had prepaid my accommodation costs and had supplied them with the voucher upon checking in, however I was being told that she was unable to confirm my prepayment despite the confirmation I had supplied. This went on for what felt like 10 minutes as our taxi driver was waiting for us. It was only when a another staff member came over and clicked a few buttons on the computer and said everything was fine and all I had to pay was the cost of the minibar. I really dislike poor check outs as it leaves a bad taste in your mouth and isn't a good way to complete your stay.

Overall - For a transit hotel it was okay at best and considering the price there has to be other options available just as close to the airport for around the same price. I would seriously consider Le Meridien (across the road from the airport) before returning to the Pullman. I might be a little harsh but I expected more from a Pullman branded hotel, if I was to rate this out of 10 I would give it a 4.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
Quality and Att... M, Manager at Pullman Dubai Creek City Centre, responded to this reviewResponded September 4, 2013

Dearest Guest,
Thank you for choosing Pullman Dubai Deira City Centre. We truly appreciate your feedback.
We are glad to know that you appreciate the location of our hotel and general aspects of your stay, specially the speed and quality of our WIFI service in the rooms and public areas.
However, you kept a lukewarm memory of your stay and you rightly highlighted your disappointment concerning the comfort of the bed, the bathroom, the inaccessibility to the pool during this period and certain inefficiency upon check out and we truly regret this.
You mentioned the fact that no welcome drink was proposed, and we would like to let you know that, as a 5 star property, that Pullman Dubai Deira City Centre is, we do propose it to our guests, as well as a nice refreshing towel. It was not the case upon your check in, since as you mentioned, your visit was during Ramadan (no drinks proposed during fasting period).
Please receive our sincere apologies for not being able to enjoy our pool during this period, we do appreciate your understanding and support.
As per our check out procedures, please note that your experience by no means reflect the standard of our service. We sincerely apologize for this and we let you know that all the necessary measures have been taken and the teams addressed to prevent this situation to repeat.
We hope you will give us the opportunity to welcome you again and show you how committed we are to deliver a 5 stars service.
The Pullman Dubai Deira City Centre Team.

Reviewed September 3, 2013

The perfect location for a business+leisure stay. Very convenient connexions, next to the Airport, the metro, the Deira City Centre Mall and the Souks. High standard service and very pleasant staff. I highly recommend.

Room Tip: Avoid rooms with view on the mall's roof: not really spectacular. Proximity of the mall though i...
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled solo

Dearest Guest,
It is our pleasure to receive your positive feedback, thank you for sharing your comments with us.
We are very pleased to know that your stay was a pleasant one and that you appreciate the location, facilities and most important: our Serivce and Staff quality.
One again thank you for sharing your experience and we hope to welcome you back soon.
The Pullman Dubai Deira City Centre Team