“Neat and Location is Perfect”

Ranked #241 of 554 Hotels in Dubai
Reviewed December 6, 2013

i stayed one night in 8 - 9 Nov 2013 to attend dubai motor show and redbull middle east drift final, fast check in , neat rooms , and the location is near to everything in dubai metro station WTC walking distance from shaikh zayed road

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled solo
Novotel-Ibis-WTC, General Manager at Ibis World Trade Centre Dubai, responded to this reviewResponded December 16, 2013

Greetings from Dubai!

I would like to thank you for taking the time to share your comments concerning your stay with us.

We very much appreciate your positive comments regarding your recent stay at Ibis Dubai World Trade Centre.

I have shared your comments with the Team, so that they are aware of their contribution in meeting your expectations.

Positive feedback from satisfied clients is our greatest reward, thank you once again!

There are newer reviews for Ibis World Trade Centre Dubai

Reviewed December 1, 2013

We booked last minute and got a very good price including breakfast. The hotel lobby is good to meet and work as not busy. The rooms as dated but ok. At night I turned off AC but the big machines in the center of the building hum loudly all night...so ear plugs are needed. Ladies of the night also appear to frequent the downstairs bar that turns into a disco some evenings.

Stayed: November 2013, traveled on business
Novotel-Ibis-WTC, General Manager at Ibis World Trade Centre Dubai, responded to this reviewResponded December 4, 2013

Greetings from Dubai!

We very much appreciate your constructive feedback following your recent stay at Ibis Dubai World Trade Centre.

I have shared your comments with the Team, so that they are aware of the areas requiring their attention.

Reviewed November 26, 2013

This hotel is very close to the WTC metro station and is located in a nice part of the town, so it's a decent place to stay while you explore Dubai. The rates seem to vary quite a bit over time, so it might not be cheap on your travel dates. It's like most other Ibis hotels (clean, relatively-cheap, tiny rooms, minimal service), with some notable exceptions.

The rooms are small and the bathrooms tiny, but they're generally clean. However, our room had a weird pungent odor throughout and the shower-cubicle in the bathroom leaked water outside. Unlike other Ibis hotels, the room didn't have USB charging points. It also didn't have a trash-can or a safe-box. The TV was small and its remote barely worked. Be sure to carry an adapter that can plug into the three-pin UK-style plug-points found in Dubai.

The breakfast-spread was nice and varied, but the items remained exactly the same all the three days that we were there. The staff was courteous and polite, though you'll have to carry your own luggage to your rooms (just like in other Ibis hotels). The check-in process was quite slow for some weird reason, though the check-out was nearly instantaneous.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled with friends

Reviewed November 26, 2013

Toilet broke first night with continuous running water - sleep was interrupted all night. asked front desk at 8.39 to get it repaired and at 18:42 discovered not repaired. Engineer arrives 19.03 and confirms fixed. 19.10 discover it is not fixed and now it's worse. Called front desk put me on hold for 4 interminable minutes. Requested To speak to Duty Manager. no call after 15 minutes so call again requesting a move to a new room .....still waiting . I am tired and quite honestly feel totally let down by Ibis as they had 11 hours to fix this problem. NEVER stay here in case your toilet breaks.

Stayed: November 2013, traveled on business
Novotel-Ibis-WTC, General Manager at Ibis World Trade Centre Dubai, responded to this reviewResponded December 3, 2013

Greetings from Ibis World Trade Centre Dubai!

We would like to thank you for taking the time to share your comments on your latest stay with us

Please accept our sincere apologies for the inconvenience we may have caused you as a result of a plumbing issue. Rest assured the concerned department has been informed of your concerns and adequate action has been taken for such incident not to occur in the future.

At Ibis, we strive to provide a superior service experience for every customer; therefore, your feedback is very important to us.

We hope that you will give us the opportunity to host you in the near future.

Reviewed November 26, 2013

This was my first visit to UAE, particularly to Dubai. Basically, upon my trip planning I tried to minimize my expenses, so I had a chance to book the room in Ibis at discounted price. That's why my general opinion on being there is 'value for money' =) I can not find any concerns or complaints to services/accommodation/room etc., considering it's 3 stars' hotel. I'd even highlight all hotel stuff has been extremely helpful in getting all my needs met.)
Despite of being close to World Trade Center (which means exhibitions are never ending), this did not bring any inconvenience to my stay.
So in case you're able to get discounted price to stay at Ibis WTC and generally OK with 3 stars of services, I'd recommend to choose this hotel.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com
Novotel-Ibis-WTC, General Manager at Ibis World Trade Centre Dubai, responded to this reviewResponded November 27, 2013

Reviewed November 26, 2013

Okay location, clean hotel and ever so helpful staff (reception). Small room and (very) small bathroom. Brilliant location ie centrally placed if you are have to go towards Abu Dhabi (and for Dubai shopping malls) or Dubai city. Metro just around the corner.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple

Reviewed November 19, 2013

I just wonder how a big hotel chain like Ibis cannot resolve the miserable CAR PARKING PROBLEM they have been suffering from for ages. Although I faced a similar problem during my earlier visit to this hotel, I didn't want to report it at that time. But now, I think I had enough of them!!

By way of background, I wish to explain the troublesome car parking process at this hotel (apology for being too detailed). First, prior to check-in, passengers have to wait for their turn on long 'queue' (as there is no side parking). After this, the passengers would complete check-in formalities, pay 250 Dirhams as a deposit for the car parking key and would be advised to park their vehicles in the designated area (with no clear instructions on how to locate the parking lot - a process that took me about an hour to complete; strange enough once I managed to locate the parking area (on the second level of the building), the security guard didn't allow me to show him my pass card but rather shouted to me to go to the UPPER LEVEL; once I reached there I was asked to go back to the second level and was informed that once you go to the upper level, you can't go to the lower one without exiting the whole building, entering the main road and coming back again!!).

And I had to face this miserable process again at the time of departure (as I was not allowed to complete the check-out formalities prior to removal of my vehicle from the parking lot - which meant that I had to wait on the long queue (again) at the entrance gate. While I can't put the blame on them for the following mistake of mine, they do bear partial responsibility for it. As I had to keep my luggage at the reception by the time I take my vehicle out of their parking lot, I forgot the luggage at the reception! No one took the initiative for calling me after I checked out. As a result I had to return to the hotel to take my luggage after approx. 100 KM drive!

So, unless you are an air traveler and do not require a parking at the hotel you're residing in, you may consider the above lines before deciding whether or not to stay at this hotel.

I hope the hotel management will take a serious action to resolve this matter.

Idris
Le Club Accorhotels card No. 3081031650536809

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled on business

Greetings from Ibis World Trade Centre Dubai!

We would like to thank you for taking the time to share your comments concerning your stay with us.

We are sorry that your experience did not meet your expectations; please allow me to express my sincerest apologies.