“Three and a half”

Novotel World Trade Centre Dubai
Ranked #124 of 561 Hotels in Dubai
Reviewed October 26, 2012

I would have given this hotel a rating of three and a half if I could. Rooms are clean and functional (typical Novotel design), but uninspiring. Night time was peaceful and dark so we slept well. I rated the pool and pool area as pretty good. It was not crowded and there was sunshine in the morning when I was there. I'm a regular gym user and the gym at the hotel, while not being of top standard, was quite well appointed with three treadmills, some other cardio machines, weights machines, plus free weights. The concierge was very helpful on a number of occasions when we needed to ask for directions and advice. The bar was small but pleasant. My main gripe was that there weren’t enough receptionists on duty and we always had to wait to be seen. Overall it was worth the £110 per night we paid (having booked several months ahead), but if I had to pay much more than this I’d probably look elsewhere

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
Write a ReviewReviews (1,907)

Reviewed October 26, 2012

The Novotel was in a good location and only minutes from Dubai Mall with a taxi. The breakfast was amazing. Staff were excellent. Room was clean. The only disappointment was the bed. Was hard as a rock...just like in Italy. When you are touring and spend so much of your day walking and all over the place the best thing to do is come back for a good rest. We also seemed to pick a time when there was some convention going on. So we got a room facing dirt...not the amazing city lights which was also very disappointing. Also should mention the shower could have been just a bit cleaner. The walls really should have been clean.
If you don't mind a hard platform for a bed...the hotel was just fine!

Room Tip: Ask for city views and bed quality. Not sure if all rooms had same beds.
Reviewed October 26, 2012

The hotel is well located near the exibition halls.
Rooms are comfortable but the corridors are not clean.The carpets needs replacing.
There is only one restaurant and not much eating choice.Food is tasty and well prepared .More a business hotel than for family stay.

Room Tip: Book early.
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed October 26, 2012

We stayed here for three nights as part of a three week trip to the Mediterranean and our Emirates flight back to Oz. Overall we found the room size ok and room facilities were pretty standard. Flat screen tv, safe etc.

Bathroom was a little outdated with a strong but loose shower head which made it difficult to keep it in the one position, could do with an upgrade here.

Stayed on 3rd floor at front of hotel but almost no traffic noise. Breakfast was included in our deal and was more than adequate Buffett and egg station.

Ate no meals at the hotel but did have a quick drink in the Blue Bar which had a nice environment.
Taxis were frequent to the door and about 12 dirham to the Dubai Mall. Being 15 mins from airport makes this good budget accommodation and central to a lot of downtown shopping etc. only complaints would ave is the bed which was quite hard but I think this may be typical of most hotels.

Internet provided free which gives this an extra star from me!

Reviewed October 24, 2012 via mobile

The hotel's rooms are fine. Location is good and close to the new downtown. But the staff isn't professional at all! It's my second time and I have the same impression.

They ask a lot of questions about your stay, they beg to upgrade the room for extra money, valet takes forever and didn't give me access to the parking.

They can do basic things fine, but can't handle issues or any extra requirements. If you have other options defenitly don't go to Dubai Novotel.

• Stayed: October 2012
Reviewed October 21, 2012

Well, it's not something I can easily avoid. My company HQ is just next door to this hotel and I'd put up with this hotel many negatives so that I can just walk to my office. Let's get the good things out of the way first.

1. If your office is at the Dubai Convention Tower, the location is a big plus. Dubai Metro isn't that far away, but it is quite a walk, maybe 5 minutes.

2. Food was good, at least the room service ones. Breakfast at the coffeehouse was so-so. Not really good, but not too bad either.

3. My room comes with a wifi, the speed is acceptable.

What else is good? I guess I am easily impressed... BUT

1. Every single time I checked in since April/May 2012, the hotel asked for my email and contact phone number. The hotel blamed this on my company travel agent, "they created a new profile everytime they book for you"

2. The first few times I stayed here, the room service personnel insisted that I pay for room service IN CASH, even though food is already covered in the booking by my company. I think this incident occured twice on different stays, or more times.

3. This is my biggest complain so far: The hotel insisted to lock the minibar/fridge because I won't put up a deposit. Sometimes I would fight for the right to use the fridge, I told them to empty the minibar. But sometimes when my stay was just one night and my body clock was 3 am (local time was 11 pm), I just let them lock the fridge. Which means novotel is being totally unprofessional and lack the hospitality common sense. Even a 50 dhs hotel let you use the fridge, and now this hotel lock the fridge?

4. My other complain: despite having registered for Accor loyalty program, by giving a filled-in form to the receptionist, I never did get my membership card or info. This hotel chain actually do not want any member to its loyalty program!!!

5. The laundry is outsourced. It is not done in the premise. I could be wrong. The downside to this is if you suddenly need to check out that particular day, it could be a bummer getting your clothes back.

6. The sofa and furnitures in the room do look a bit dated and worn down. Even in the suite rooms.

Room 1011, stayed 20-22 October 2012.

Because I've stayed at this hotel quite often since April/May 2012, some faces are familiar. Jenny is one of them.

Will I stay here again? Yes. The hotel isn't that bad, its just that when something goes wrong, the staffs aren't too big in being helpful. Which, I think, is rather a common theme here. If something is not on records, the first rule is to distrust the traveler.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed October 15, 2012

Choose this this hotel if you have to exhibiting or visiting at exhibition center nearby wtc dubai. Staff is nice and room are up to novotel standard, clean and quite. Breakfast is really nice and with a good selection. The swimming pool is small and not in the sun. Nevertheless, i enjoyed the swimmingpool area. The pub is small and not full of life you may not wish to spend your evening in the hotel pub. Food in the pub is not very good while restaurant seems to be ok.

I'll return tobthis hotel if i have to visit or exhibiting at wtc dubai. I probably choose for different location for visiting dubai.

Room Tip: Choose for rooms facing the pool area
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled on business