“THE CUSTOMER IS NOT ALWAYS RIGHT”

Radisson Blu Hotel, Dubai Deira Creek
Ranked #131 of 549 Hotels in Dubai
Adelaide, Australia
“THE CUSTOMER IS NOT ALWAYS RIGHT”
Reviewed September 19, 2013

The Radisson Blu Hotel on Dubai Creek is a great hotel - that's why I went back a second time. But the Duty Manager on the night I checked out (Sept 12th) - Rahul or Majul? - clearly doesn't believe the customer is always right. I felt I had been misled by information hotel staff had given me on my previous visit. I had been encouraged to book directly with the hotel - something I rarely do - and it ended up costing me considerably more. Consequently I thought it reasonable that my bill be discounted a little. Rahul wasn't having any of this, and persisted on telling me how hotel bookings work - something I know a bit about! - and only begrudgingly in the end acknowledged, after much prompting from me, that 'he got my point.' He did eventually discount the price and I was grateful for that, but I was annoyed at his stubborn refusal to concede that his hotel staff had erred. Most unusual for front of house staff to be this stubborn in my experience. The money wasn't really the point for me. I just wanted acknowledgement that I had been misled. Rahul - I just don't make up stories to get $30 of my bill, and I think you need to come down a peg or two if you want a long career in hospitality. But, as I said, a great hotel. Right on Dubai Creek with wonderful views , mostly very friendly staff, and excellent breakfast. Reasonable free wifi. (Sorry if I got your name 'Rahul' - but you know who you are.)

Room Tip: Any room ending with 5, 7, or 9 on the 5th, 6th, or 7th floors will have great views of Dubai Creek.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled solo
Tim C, General Manager at Radisson Blu Hotel, Dubai Deira Creek, responded to this review, September 25, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for posting your review on TripAdvisor following your recent stay at Radisson Blu Hotel, Dubai Deira Creek. We are glad to know that you enjoyed our breakfast, service and the views around the hotel.

We however do strongly believe that ‘the customer is always right’. We are sorry to learn from your review that you were not pleased with the service offered by one of our associates.
Kindly accept our sincere apologies for the inconvenience caused to you during your stay with us. Your valuable feedback is positively taken onboard and has been shared with the concerned department heads to ensure immediate necessary rectification action is taken to avoid any such shortfalls in our service standards.

Thank you for your review and we look forward to welcoming you back to our hotel in the near future.

Best regards,
Tim Cordon

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (431)
  • Arabic first
  • Czech first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Sydney, Australia
Reviewed September 8, 2013

See Dhows being loaded with all sorts of cargo from your room, Royal Club includes a good breakfast, afternoon tea and canapés. Balconies have table and chairs - but too hot to enjoy during most of our stay Take anti-fog wipes for your eye glasses! Aussies, take a stubby holder. Pool a long way from being completed, Limo available to use nice shady pool nearby. Hotel Dhow dinner cruise very enjoyable. Food excellent in all the resturants.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Tim C, General Manager at Radisson Blu Hotel, Dubai Deira Creek, responded to this review, September 16, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for sharing your review on TripAdvisor. We are happy to receive such a complimentary review of your recent stay at Radisson Blu Hotel, Dubai Deira Creek.

We are glad to know that you enjoyed our Royal Club facilities, restaurants and the attractions around the hotel.

Once again, thank you for your review and we look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Best Regards,
Tim Cordon
Upper Marlboro, Maryland
Reviewed August 30, 2013

The hotel though older is very well maintained with very tasteful decor. The creek views from both our room and the lounge room was fantastic! The staff were incredibly professional. The royal club membership is worth the additional $$. Enjoyed the afternoon teas and cocktails in the evening. The restaurants at the hotel were fabulous. The 'yum' was nicely priced and their dishes were so tasty! The fish market was also really good. One of the best tasting Thai food I've had.

If I could change anything, it'll be the size of the bathroom and room. Both were small but still adequate. All in all, I'll definitely recommend this hotel and will happily stay here again on my next trip!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Chenna E
Cheshire
Reviewed August 26, 2013

Really enjoyed our stay at the Radisson Blu. Breakfast was great, a good choice. Very close to Union Metro Station which was perfect for getting about. We also had dinner at Sumibiya which was excellent - a barbeque grill built into each table and all for the food you could cook/eat! The balcony was perfect in the evenings with a great view across the creek with all the lights and sounds of this characteristic area. The room was generous in size with a modern tiled bathroom and comfortable beds. Staff were very helpful and I would recommend the hotel highly.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank cmajor11
Bangalore
Reviewed August 26, 2013

Stayed at the Royal club with some of my friends. Enjoyed the place and the happy hours snacks. very good location. We did have some minor issue but the manager Mr. Rahul was so accommodative and helpful and made it up to us and also mae sure that the rest of our stay was comfortable and incident free. Good breakfast and freindly staff.

Room Tip: Stay in the club room so you can access the snaks during the happy hour.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
Newcastle, New South Wales, Australia
Reviewed August 26, 2013

After a long flight from Australia arriving at the hotel at 6am we were pleasantly surprised to find our room was ready for us. We were also told that we were entitled to complimentary high tea and happy hour which was also great news. We loved the location overlooking the creek. Our executive room was very spacious and loved the style and decor of the hotel. The staff were very friendly and helpful.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Charmaine M
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
Reviewed August 25, 2013

Recently stayed overnight during a business trip as this is my company's corporate rate hotel and the hotel I normally stay at was full. Was hugely disappointed with the hotel. The room was average size for Dubai, but the bathroom was severally dated. While it is nice to have a balcony - something rare in Dubai - overlooking the Creek, the balcony was covered in bird droppings and the furniture dirty and worn.

The "free" internet is nearly unworkable and the room had very poor wifi connections - I rather pay for better service to be honest.

Staff was friendly, I will agree with other reviewers. The highlight of the room/stay was the bed. Probably one of the top beds and pillows I've had in Dubai.

I think its an "okay" hotel for Dubai - probably be a better hotel in a different city. However, in a city full of top rated hotels .... this one is lacking.

Room Tip: Higher floors would have better views of the Creek.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled on business