“A hidden gem, an international hotel in touch with local style.”

Radisson Blu Hotel, Dubai Deira Creek
Ranked #133 of 550 Hotels in Dubai
Farncombe
“A hidden gem, an international hotel in touch with local style.”
Reviewed July 22, 2013

Fantastic hotel and the beef burgers in the English pub are some of the best I have ever had. Great facilities and atmosphere in all of the bars and with 11+ restaurants and bars it offers a unique experience.

• Stayed June 2013
2 Thank paulmfahy

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (431)
  • Arabic first
  • Czech first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Los Angeles, California
Reviewed July 17, 2013

I won't leave a long, in-depth review here, just the basics.

First, and most important (to me), is that I booked a room at this hotel because I liked the pictures of the nice pool on the hotel's website, which are still posted, by the way. I work in a high-stress job in Afghanistan and was on a 4-day weekend, and was really looking forward to relaxing under some palm trees next to a pool and having a drink. Seriously, the only reason I chose this hotel was because it said it had a large, nice pool, and had photos on its website.

So, I show up and find the whole deck area, pool included, is under construction, and has been for over a year, and will most likely be for another year. Of course, I paid for the room in advance (1st mistake), so I knew I was screwed. If I hadn't, I would have immediately left for another hotel. The funny thing is, I found out about the pool being closed by a nice letter placed on my bed, signed by the manager. I was thinking, it would have been nice to have been informed of this before the booking, not after. I find this incident to be very misleading and deceptive, and will never stay at a Radisson again.

Of course, once I went to the desk to complain, they told me that they had a deal where they will send you to another hotel, where you could use their pool. This seemed like a big deal; instead of simply waking up and going to the pool, now I had to pack a backpack, go to the front desk, wait while they filled out a voucher, take a taxi (they paid) to the other hotel (which was really an apartment building), and then walk around to find the pool, which was really small and filled with children who lived in the building. Of course, there were no refreshments, no bar, nothing. Not exactly what I imagined for my mini-vacation. Again, if I had known and not paid in advance, I ofund have found another hotel. I only did this pool trip one day out of my four, it just wasn't worth it.

So, here's the rest of my review:

When I arrived and checked in, I asked him where the "salon" was, as I needed a haircut. He told me just out the back door and to the left, there was a hair salon. I went out later and saw that the "salon" was like a private business with a door to the street, and that it had been closed (out of business) for months. How could the clerk not know this?

The hotel is pretty old, having been built in 1972, and was originally the Intercontinental (which still shows up in map apps). The toilet flush aparatus was just pipes like in an airport bathroom, the kind you have to reach behind the toilet seat to flush, usually with your shoe. No tank or anything. I found this odd for a "4-star" hotel.

There were a lot of kids on my floor, running up and down the hallway, and once some jerk stole the "Do Not Disturb" sign off my door, causing room service to enter to clean, waking me up. Wasn't really their fault, I guess, but I was still mad.

I didn't really have any bad experiences or complaints at the place other than the pool being closed. I did get a massage at the "spa" downstairs, but it was horrible. I didn't really feel anything, and left frustrated. You know how when you get a massage, and it might make you dizzy or sleepy, and when you turn over your nose is all plugged up and your sinuses are full? Or while being massaged, your scalp tingles? I had none of these experiences while getting my expensive "deep tissue" massage. The next day I went to Dubai Mall and found a massage palor there and received a good massage.

I don't know, I was just expecting to have a better time. The pool was closed, there was construction there and in the lobby, the massage sucked... If I was a business man passing through, or in town for a meeting, this whole thing wouldn't have bothered me. But I was on a "pleasure" vacation, and this hotel sucked for that purpose.

Other than that, I slept good, the TV was good, & didn't have trouble getting a taxi (even though the "private limo" mafia were in full force as usual). There was a bit of a "stale" smell in the hallway, especially by the elevators on my floor, but it wasn't in my room.

I'm giving an Average rating, mainly based on the construction and pool closure.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled solo
7 Thank Dharma_Punk
Tim C, General Manager at Radisson Blu Hotel, Dubai Deira Creek, responded to this review, July 23, 2013
Dear Valued Guest,

It is really disappointing to know that you were not able to enjoy your vacation at our hotel for which I owe sincere apologies to you.

If may I reconfirm that you had booked the room through website and to be honest with you, yes the photos of the swimming pool still appears on it, apparently there has been a technical fault and we tried removing these pictures from the website, however the information of the swimming pool closure has been posted since one year on the hotel website and so please be assured that we do not have any intentions to mislead our guests.

To make you clear that all the bookings from the website is not considered as prepaid bookings, you are only asked for credit card details to guarantee your booking, however in any case you can cancel your booking until the day of arrival till 4pm without any charge.

I also appreciate you sharing your experience in our Spa, which will really help us in improving our services.

Once again please accept my sincere apologies for the entire discontentment that you have faced during your stay with us. Together with my team, I hope to have an opportunity for you to experience our hotels much better facilities once all the renovation and repair for all the areas including the pool is completed.

Sincerely

Tim Cordon
Kaiserslautern, Germany
Reviewed July 5, 2013

Great hotel with a great location right on creek. Great rooms, most, if not all, with balconies overlooking creek. Several very good restaurants, especially the Thai and Japanese. Easy to walk to "Hop on, Hop off" bus pick up point. Absolutely fabulous customer service.

Room Tip: The higher up, the better the view!
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
Majorca, Spain
Reviewed July 2, 2013

Chose this hotel due to its location, (Deaira side, near creek, near souks, not far from airport) and the good TA reviews. Bad start when the limo we were promised didn't show up but the duty manager, Shakir Sheik, more than made up for that by refunding the taxi cost and upgrading us to a royal suite - thanks Shakir. The suite, room 605, was great with 2 rooms, 3 small balconies overlooking the creek, fantastic bed and loads of space. Everything you could ask for and very clean. The executive lounge on 10th floor is very nice, also with great views over the creek which is amazing after dark. Drinks were plentiful but the snacks leave a bit to be desired when compared with other good hotels.The staff were all very pleasant and attentive, no hassle with check in or check out and the limo was waiting for us to take us back to the airport when we were leaving. We didn't see the hotel at its best as there are renovations underway and the pool is out of service but we were advised of this in advance, several times. We would certainly return to Radisson Blu Dubai Deira Creek on our next trip to Dubai.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed July 1, 2013

Was making a business trip to Abu Dhabi, and that often means flying into Dubai and then getting surface transport. I was just looking for a good value place to sleep - nothing else. I got more than that. Great staff, comfortable room, and a great sleep for a jet lagged customer.

Room Tip: This was the first 5-star hotel in the city of Dubai.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
Auckland Region, New Zealand
Reviewed June 27, 2013

We stayed here for 3 nights on the way home from Europe. Pleased we paid a little extra to join the royal club.
The royal club rooms are on the 8th and 9th floors .. the dining room..lounge on the top floor ..the 10th was for club members only...we had delicious breakfasts ..complimentary high tea between 3 -5 and drinks and nibbles 6-8....very relaxing and great food. There is also a small bar ..lounge with lovely view on the same floor where we enjoyed a quiet drink listening to a great female singer accompanied by a pianist .
We were given a card which entitled us to get 20% off all food and drink at any of their restaurants and bars located in the hotel. The service was excellent. Would definitely recommend .

Room Tip: Pay the extra and join the club.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank LyndyNZ
Warsaw, Poland
Reviewed June 24, 2013

We spent 5 days in Radisson during our visit to Dubai. It was a good choice. Very good location, 200 m to metro and waterbus. Hop in hop out bus stop also walking distance. After first dissapointment - the swiming pool was closed, the good outcome - we could use the pool at Sheraton with free ride organized by reception. Within 5 min we could swim there. Generally good standard of 4 star hotel. Very helpful staff at concierge ask them for any assistance!Recommended!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple