“Good hotel for short stay”

Radisson Blu Hotel, Dubai Deira Creek
Ranked #114 of 541 Hotels in Dubai
Nicosia, Cyprus
“Good hotel for short stay”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 17, 2013 via mobile

Stayed at the Blu in December 2012 for 2 nights while being on a business trip.
The hotel is good to stay if only the location suits you for your business purpose. My office is 2 minutes walking distance from the hotel so i don't really have a choice on the hotel selection. The hotel though is far away from the city centre and if you get stuck in traffic you waste time for no reason.
The hotel is quite old. The rooms look old and heavy. The furniture, the small balcony with the decade-old chair and table, the really old bathroom, bathtub, ceiling and toilet are some things you will definately notice.
Staff is really good, everywhere you look you can find somebody to help you. Lots of choices for dining in the hotel. Had lunch at the enlglish pub before i left for the airport. Average food and service.
Also had dinner in the room. Delicious soup and chicken and great service.
I also used the limo service to drive me around the city and was really good. The driver knew eveything about Dubai and was really willing to answer my questions and follow the places i liked to see.

Overall a good experience. The rooms need to be fixed and given a fresh air look.Good hotel, good staff...

• Stayed December 2012
2 Thank IasonasCy

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (427)
  • Arabic first
  • Czech first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Johannesburg
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 17, 2013

We stayed fro two nights at this hotel. Having arrived at 6.00am, rooms are only available from 2.00pm, however the excellent Front Desk staff (Rahul) informed us that he would try to have our rooms ready while we have breakfast in the Boulvar Restaurant. Much to our joy, our rooms were ready by the time we finished breakfast. this was so welcome after a long 12 hour flight! Our room was very pleasant with a view of the Creek. Wi-Fi is available in teh Lobby and an internet cable in teh rooms. The Metro Station is a few minutes walk behind the hotel and extremely convenient. The only minor complaint I have is that our room was extremely noisy. We heard furniture being dragged at 4.00am, doors banging and toilets flushing! This may no longer be the most fashionable area of Dubai to stay in, but it was convenient and the rates were very good. I enjoyed the Creek view especially at night with the dhows lit up. Having been to Dubai before, I particularly chose this area for the shopping and activities that I wanted to do and was not disappointed.
If I should go to Dubai for a purely shopping trip, I would stay here again.

Room Tip: Avoid Room 712!
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank YasminaJohannesburg
Jugon-les-Lacs, France
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 16, 2013

When taking in a hotel in Dubai during the last 5 years, with no room at the villa, I have more often than not stayed at the Radisson Blu Deira. I liked the choice of restaurants, the reliability of Radisson, the comfort and professionalism, and the sport club and pool. I love the Asian fusion restuarant 'Yum' and go there regularly. I also like to go shopping at the camping/ hunting shop across the street before flying to Kazakhstan - which I often do. The staff were great and Deira has been as often as not convenient for my meetings. However, I have now been assured for what must be 9+ months that the pool will be repaired within the month. It is exceptionally irritating to be told when booking that the hotel has a pool when in fact the pool has been shut for almost a year. The Business centre is not particularly great, but works.

This used to be my top choice in Dubai for value, but without the pool that is no longer true. I have to say though that the view is still great looking out over the Creek. The business lounge on the higher floors is also great, but despite having spent a fortune on Radisson hotels over the years I never seem to be given access.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank Bruce G
Jordan
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 10, 2013

Very nice hotel although it is old but they have great staff with nice facilities in the room, very clean room, huge variety of good restaurants over there. Our room was sea view (breathtaking), breakfast was amazing .. I highly recommend this hotel ... I was there in March 2009

• Stayed February 2012, traveled on business
4 Thank RoubaSammour
Adelaide
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 4, 2013 via mobile

Went here for the New Years Eve 'gala dinner'. Supposedly six restaurants presenting their dishes to choose from.

Quantity not quality would be the best way to describe it. Very average quality, cheap buffet food. 500+ dirs a head??? You must be joking. My expectations were high after reading the promo but sadly it was a blatant rip off.

I have never before spent so much money and been so shockingly disappointed.

Sitting in a mostly empty restaurant, the music had only just started and was way too loud. Over-cooked chewy seafood, & bright pink raw under roasted meat. Annoying cold drafts from the door to the outside area that was continuously open and shut.

I won't be coming back.

• Stayed January 2013
4 Thank borat_123
Berlin, Germany
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 4, 2013

The Radisson Blu Dubai Deira Creek is located on the main road along the creek in Deira (Bani Yas Road). Time to / from the airport by taxi is less than 15 minutes, Bur Dubai 15 minutes, Sheikh Zayed Road 15 minutes, Jumairah Beaches about 25 minutes.
The Radisson provides a huge variety of good to excellent restaurants, among them two japanese restaurants, an italian, a chinese, a buffet restaurant and the wonderful 'fish market'. Also some bars (one with live music) and a nightclub ('Ku-Bu') are in the house. The nightclub is a clear recommendation for everyone who is looking for company.
The rooms are spacy enough, have a balkony and are well equipped, e.g. with an espresso machine. Bathrooms are not really spacy but have everything you would expect in a 5-star hotel.
Cleanliness in all areas is perfect just like the service provided by the friendly staff. It was not a problem to store most of my cumbersome luggage in the hotel for several days when I urgently had to travel to another country. When I returned the luggage was already standing in the room that was prepared for me. Thumbs up!
I had several stays in the Radisson in 2012 and was never disapointed. This hotel can be recommended to everyone who is looking for a centrally located hotel with superb service, good (yet not overwhelming) rooms and a numerous options for dining.

Room Tip: Rooms on higher floors towards 17th street are quieter. Rooms towards Bani Yas Road offer a perfect...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank zf34bu8q
London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 3, 2013

Location is great, right on the side of the Creek in the Deira. Its close to the hustle and bustle of the Gold Souks and a 2minute walk to the Union Metro Station.

The design of the hotel is 70's resort style on the outside but inside it's classical luxury. Each room (seems to) have a balcony affording some sort of view of the creek. Upon arrival we let the valet take care of the car (parking is free) and went to check in. We had to wait around 30-45mins for our room as we arrived early, a little frustrating but as it was NYE it was busy and the reception staff we excellent and very friendly. We had booked a Royal Club room so check in was on the 10th floor with great views of the creek from the Royal Club Lounge.

The room itself was good. We had a twin single room which was a bit disappointing as we were expecting twin doubles but the beds were extremely comfortable with great quality sheets and pillows. Good view of the creek from the balcony. I'd reccommend rooms on the south side as opposed to the north because I think the views would be better and lighter. Higher up the better. Bathroom was okay, quite small but functional. Good amenity kit. The room is a nice santuary from the heat and traffic of Dubai itself. The pool was closed for maintainence on our visit (though they didnt seem to be doing much with it?) we were advised we could use the Sheraton pool area up the road but in the end we didnt bother and went to the beach instead.

The Royal club lounge serves breakfast and snacks at set times. It's waiter service which although friendly was a little slow at times. I think this was more to do with how busy the hotel was as opposed to lack of service. Still, I think a couple more waiters would have been a good idea. I still prefer lounges where you can just help youself throughout the day. On our last day we were asked to use the buffet downstairs as the lounge was full. This buffet had a much bigger selection than the one in the loung and you only miss out on the stunning view of the creek.

Overall its a good hotel. It reminds me of a very good 4 star resort hotel as opposed to an all out luxury 5* but its not at all disappointing, certainly more of a 'classical luxury' as opposed to modern and chic but the excellent service and friendly staff should be commended as they do a sterling job.

Room Tip: Higher up, on the south side would be better. (I think)
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple