“Fazil's a star!”

Radisson Blu Hotel, Dubai Deira Creek
Ranked #141 of 556 Hotels in Dubai
Reviewed May 11, 2011

Having stayed here last year we were happy to be back. The hotel was still as we remembered and we were greeted in the Club Lounge by a charming young lady, who made us feel very welcome.

Our room was comfortable and roomy, with a view across the creek. The location of the hotel is perfect for the Gold and Spice Souk, with the airport only 10 minutes away with the hotel sending us a car to pick us up.

Fazil in the Club Lounge was still there and he even remembered us from last year which was a really nice touch. His hospitality was splendid, ensuring that our glasses were topped up, when required. What an asset he is to the hotel and we hope to pass through Dubai next year and would love to see him again.

The food in the lounge was a bit of a let down, as it was the very same as the previous year, however, I have already reported this to the Radisson, who have come back to me to say they have taken our comments on board.

The pool was clean and sun beads are plentiful. We visited The Pub and never saw any sign of prostitutes and clientele, as reported in previous reports. In fact the security could not have been tighter.

This hotel ticks all the boxes for us and we cannot imagine staying anywhere else in Dubai.

Reviewed May 7, 2011

I stayed with my husband for a four day sightseeing trip to Dubai. The hotel is not close to the beach, but is excellent for seeing a different Dubai as well as being convenient to the older Dubai. The hotel is close to Union Station for the Metro, 5 minutes walk from hotel. This takes 10 minutes to take you to Dubai Mall. Tickets are inexpensive, buy a 3 day pass and get it topped up for each day. Taxis in Dubai are not expensive. The hotel picked us up at the airport, and provided chlled water and towels in the car which were much appreciated. The hotel staff are excellent, friendly courteous and helpful. Try the seafood buffet in the Boulvar Restaurant. FABULOUS, FABULOUS. Pool are is pleasant, lots of sunbeds and towels provided. Just what you need after a day sightseeing. My only negative is that the rooms are a little dated and dark, and my Martini on "The 10th", had the kick of a kitty, and I like mine with the kick of a mule! The trips across the creek are fun and refreshing and the public 1 hour trip out to see is an excellent way of seeing all the skyscrapers from a different angle. Only Euro 10 from RTA. We did the Dubai Creek Dinner Cruise from the Radisson and it was OK. But maybe that was because there were not a lot of people doing the cruise. The food was good and it was a pleasant relaxing trip.

• Stayed: May 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank TrustyDublin
Reviewed May 6, 2011

Went to Dubai on holiday and stayed in Deira for the first half and in Jumeirah for the 2nd. Stayed in a standard double room in the Radisson for our Deira leg. If you have a Visa Platinum card, book using HotelClub.com/visa - we got around a 20% discount compared to the likes of Booking.com etc.

The hotel is also walking distance to the souks (gold / spice) as well as the water taxi's which take you to the other side of the creek for 1AED where you can visit more souks (textile), the Dubai Museum is also close by. There are also loads of street stores in the area that sell pretty much everything. It's a 5/10 minute walk to Union station where you can get the metro to all the main malls (Dubai Mall / Mall of Emirates) - must visits.

The hotel taxi's are more expensive than the regular ones, which can be expected. Just watch out, cos they charge more for a call and collect return leg compared to the initial drop off. They're also not hotel staff, so if you want to charge the transportation to your room, there may be an additional commission / service fee added.

Wendy, the concierge was great! Very friendly and extremely helpful with all our tourist type requests.

Overall, the room was very comfortable with a small but nice balcony overlooking the creek.

Room Tip: Away from the elevator & aircon compressors.
Reviewed April 26, 2011

Arrived at 6.00am after a 21 hour flight from New Zealand and after a quick check-in we were in our room. We booked Royal Club level which was amazing complete with free internet.
I didn't touch my bags until they were in the room and the room was amazing with 2 balconies, spa bath and everything you would want.
The inclusive breakfasts, high teas and happy hours were superb all the staff were friendly and couldn't do enough to make our 2 day stop-over a pleasure.
This hotel is only a few minutes from the airport and central for touring the older parts of Dubai and 15 miutes taxi ride from the Dubai Mall.

Reviewed April 9, 2011

...just returned from a 6 night stay. We booked the Royal Club level, which was quite inclusive. The complimentary airport transfers were timely, the breakfast was delicious, high tea & sandwiches in the afternoon suited us perfectly for lunch if we were planning on a dinner splurge and the cocktail hours in the evening started the nights off just right! The level has a separate check-in/ concierge and Marnet always greeted us by name- all the employees were friendly and eager to serve!

The creek & pool view room was spotless and and well- stocked...walking distance for a day or two's activities, but plan on taxis to get everywhere else.

One advisory would be the bar & dance club at night- be warned of the prostitutes and clientele! We found it all quite amusing really, and never felt threatened by any means, but we (two ladies in our late 30's) were clearly out of place :-) ...thanks to the locals who helped us elbow our way to the bar and fend off the glares. "I'm not that kind of working girl and you wouldn't be able to afford me anyway." gave us alot of mileage of laughs.

• Stayed: April 2011, traveled with friends
1  Thank nikkid1009
Reviewed April 6, 2011

I learned that the difference from great service and poor service from any hotel can be seen best when you are dead tired and trying to check-in in the middle of the night. I arrived around 2:30 am tired and sleepless. Had to wrestle with the revolving door with my luggege in hand - no sliding doors and no one opened to mechanic door for me. Front desk greeted me very cold with no smile. I was to stay only for 22 hours in Dubai and front desk staff was still trying to sell me two days breakfast. Then they gave the me furthest room from the lobby for 22 hrs stay. Room was too small for the price I paid and it was very awkwardly designed (e.g. study desk at a very tight corner). Before I write here, I tried finding an official Radisson site where I can enter my complaint officially, it is well hidden, but I hope to find it and enter so my voice is heard. I stayed at Radissons in the US and were never dissatisfied. However I do travel internationally very extensively now and I am quite hesitant to stay at another Radisson in an international location.

• Stayed: March 2011, traveled on business
2  Thank yurt0001
Reviewed March 24, 2011

We are staying at the hotel and if you like city pulse, good service and enjoy good food then stay at Radisson Blu Deira creek. We are staying at the Royal Club level with its own cjeck in, breakfast, afternoon the and drinks at level 10 is included. Very friendly staff that are quick to accomodate any requests that we have had. The rooms are nice overlooking the creek, very good cleaning. One of the best features is its restaurants, we have tested four of them and we can highly recommend both the teppanyaki and the chinese restaurants. It s very central and its close to union metro station so its easy to get around, close also to the watertaxis that populates the creek. Yes you will hear the puls of Dubai outside but you dont go to Dubai to find tranquillity, you are here to experience a city and ther is plenty of it

• Stayed: March 2011