“friendly staff - feel at home”

Holiday Inn Downtown Dubai
Ranked #281 of 551 Hotels in Dubai
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
“friendly staff - feel at home”
Reviewed September 8, 2013

very friendly staff starting from Room Attendant namely Ramesh, stewardess Miah, steward Mahesh to front office Suzane, Yvounne and Fadi.
lot of improvements needed at food department cos menu is limited though served hygiene.

Good Luck!

Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Downtown Dubai, responded to this review, September 24, 2013
Dear mohamed a,

Thank you for your review. I am glad you enjoyed your overall stay. It is always hugely motivating when one takes the time and trouble to acknowledge the staff concerned.

I have taken note of your valuable comments and will use these to monitor and improve the quality and services we offer for to our guests.

Jaime W
Case Manager
IHGCare

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (86)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Turkish first
Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed September 7, 2013

My trips to Dubai are typically over-night trips as my work is in Abu Dhabi. I just stay the night before continuing on by car. So I am looking for something simple and basic. Holiday Inn Downtown did the trick. It is an older hotel (vintage mid 70s I would estimate) but it is clean, comfortable, quiet, and has excellent staff.

I would happily stay there again.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank TypeYourNameHere
Saad E, General Manager at Holiday Inn Downtown Dubai, responded to this review, September 7, 2013
Dear Valued Guest,

We appreciate the candid feedback we receive and welcome any opportunity to improve meanwhile I assured you that the hotel.The completed a renovation for the main restaurant last month and Swimming pool a renovation in process now

Once again, thank you for your thoughtful comments. We look forward to the opportunity of serving you in the future. Thank you for choosing IHG.

Saad Eldahhar
Riyadh, Saudi Arabia
Reviewed August 7, 2013

Good 4 Star hotel in Dubai. Staff is family friendly. Rooms are comfortable and clean. Breakfast needs more variety. Hotel price reasonable. Thank you for good service. I am very impressed with this hotel. I will come back again

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank Ahmed A
Rafiek A, Manager at Holiday Inn Downtown Dubai, responded to this review, August 8, 2013
Dear Valued Guest,
Thank you for your recent correspondence regarding Holiday Inn Downtown team and . We appreciate you taking the time to make us aware of your delightful experience during your recent stay.
We are always pleased to receive praise and acknowledgment of such a positive nature. It is truly rewarding when a guest recognizes our staff’s efforts and takes the time to say thank you. Your comments will be shared with our entire staff, as reinforcement to continue their efforts to make Holiday Inn Downtown Dubai a leader in excellence.

MILANO
Reviewed July 18, 2013

I Stayed in this hotel last June . for 2 nights.i arrived early in the morning and they allowed me to check in free , that was nice touch . The hotel looks good and clean . The room was not that big but was clean thanks to the cleaner . The hotel is near to the metro station . so few meters away to it was fine for me specially in that hot weather .
on the roof top you will find the coffee shop and the swimming pool , the staff are nice .
Will recommend this hotel for my friends .

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank MAZEN T
Rafiek A, Manager at Holiday Inn Downtown Dubai, responded to this review, July 20, 2013
Dear Valued Guest

Thank you very much for taking the time to write to us to let us know about your recent stay at the Holiday Inn Downtown Dubai.
Nothing pleases more than to have such a loyal guest like you.

Your feedback is very important to us, and it will be shared with the entire staff so we can keep focusing what's matter to us which is delivering great service and product.

We look forward to welcoming you back at your second home the Holiday Inn Downtown Dubai, UAE in the near future.

Thank you for choosing IHG.

London, United Kingdom
Reviewed July 4, 2013

I am very impressed with this hotel, the helpful front desk staff, the cleanliness (Ramesh the cleaner was great!), the warmest welcome I have received for years, and the location next to Al-Rigga metro which is a short ride from the airport makes this a fantastic hotel. The pool isn't olympic size, and it could be described as dated but if you need a 5 star hotel with a large pool please book into the Ritz and accept 5 times the price. Your choice.

Room Tip: Choose the 5th floor.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank Grape11
Rafiek A, Manager at Holiday Inn Downtown Dubai, responded to this review, July 5, 2013

Roanoke
Reviewed June 29, 2013

Had a wonderful stay from entrance, during my stay and exit. Everyone in all areas and service was the best. They need no more training. I did not know that I could be so happy. Everyone should be given a (money-raise and a day off with pay).

Room Tip: My room's location could not have been better. I was so happy, I danced
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled solo
Rafiek A, Manager at Holiday Inn Downtown Dubai, responded to this review, June 29, 2013

Dubai, United Arab Emirates
Reviewed June 28, 2013

Hotel beautiful location to find restaurants, markets and metro Simple Steps
But Old hotel furniture needs to change the service is not bad but not good level
When attending the reception I did not find one doorman is completed Procedures me
I have a feeling that the hotel is not of IHG

• Stayed May 2013, traveled solo
Dear Sir,
Thank you for your comments regarding your experience during your recent stay. I greatly appreciate you taking the time to bring this matter to my attention and apologize for any inconvenience you may have experienced during your stay.
We appreciate the candid feedback we receive and welcome any opportunity to improve meanwhile I assured you that the hotel will start in a renovation process for the main restaurant and Swimming pool pavement.
Once again, we appreciate you taking the time to share your comments with us. We know you have many choices when it comes to lodging and we hope you will continue to choose Holiday Inn Downtown Dubai for your future travel needs.

Rafik Abou El Fdal