Holiday Inn Downtown Dubai
Shangri-La Hotel, Dubai(Dubai)(Great Value!)
$180
$136
Jumeirah Emirates Towers(Dubai)(Great Value!)
$174
$123
$364
$294
Jumeirah.com
Grosvenor House Dubai(Dubai)(Great Value!)
$211
Orbitz.com
$337
$249
  • Pool
JW Marriott Marquis Hotel Dubai(Dubai)(Great Value!)
$118
JW Marriott
$240
$191
Orbitz.com
$1,225
All reviewsal riggametro stationhotel is locatedfront officeshort staycomfortable stayspecial thanksmrindianmarina
Reviewed November 17, 2012

I only stayed one night in this hotel. I stopped over on a trip to India. It was close to the airport and I took a bus tour around Dubai from the hotel. unfortunately due to illness I was not able to eat at the hotel

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank FreddyC
HIDUBDT, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Downtown Dubai, responded to this reviewResponded November 25, 2012

Dear FreddyC,

We are thankful to you for taking the time out to review our hotel and share your experience.

We appreciate all feedback we receive from our guests and welcome any opportunity to improve.

Once again thank you very much to post your comments. We hope we will be able to welcome you again top Holiday inn Downtown on your next trip to Dubai.

Reviewed November 11, 2012

Stayed here during a transit through Dubai. Short taxi ride from Terminal 2. Nobody came to help me with my bags when I entered. Small lobby. Check-in (and check-out) efficiently done by Moustafa. Room was clean. Pillows a bit old. Bathroom was nice and clean. No in-room safe so had to bring my stuff around instead of putting them in the lobby safe. Small rooftop pool - not that attractive. There was the smell of air freshened all over the hotel.

Good enough for a stay during a transit.

Stayed: November 2012, traveled solo
2  Thank the_lao_viajero
HIDUBDT, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Downtown Dubai, responded to this reviewResponded November 12, 2012

Dear Edfaigmane,

Thank you very much for taking the time out to review our hotel.

I have taken a note of your feedback regarding the arrival & stay experience and assure you that we would keep it in consideration for all your future visits.

I am also glad to know that Moustafa was able to assist you promptly during your stay; such guest comments are a tremendous motivation to the staff.

We sincerely hope that you would give us a chance to host your stay again. If there is anything we can do to make your next stay more comfortable, please do not hesitate to ask the Manager on Duty.

Reviewed November 8, 2012

My partner, daughter and I shared a room on the exec floor courtesy of a loyalty programme.

The hotel is located in downtown i.e. the old business centre of Dubai is very close to Al Riga metro (3 mins walk) so very accessible. The pool on roof only has five loungers so good luck with that one. Breakfast is acceptable but I did feel sorry for the guy cooking eggs and omelettes as one of his supervisors constantly looked over him! Tea and coffee were challenging. Hot and wet is about as positive as I can be. For anyone from the UK i would say this hotel's breakfast is at a travel lodge level.

The rooms are clean but the hotel in general is in need of a refresh. This Hotel must be thirty years old and it feels like an 80's business hotel. That said it is in a decent location but I would only stay for a few days maximum and head for Jumeira if your budget can stand it - which we did.

The staff in the hotel are absolutely brilliant and they could not have done more for us. They made this a place that I would go back to (if on a budget) as they really did care.

Make no bones about it. This is a budget hotel in an expensive city with an exceptionally good staff - so if you bear this in mind it is worth a look.

Stayed: November 2012, traveled with family

Dear Ianjburnett,

Thank you very much for your valuable feedback.

Your comments have been shared among the management team & the restaurant management. Acting on your feedback, we have already placed an order for more loungers and shall be receiving them shortly.

Being a Platinum member of the Priority club rewards program, your comments are indeed extremely important to us and I am glad to know that the service & staff were able to impress.

I would like to thank you once again for posting your feedback and hope that we will be able to host your stay again.

Reviewed October 25, 2012

This is a good budget choice, close to the airport and the metro. I was here during the EId and my normal hotels were either booked or outrageously over-priced. My package was with free wifi and breakfast. I was here on business, but had extra time so using the metro was nice way to save money and there are some good, inexpensive restaurants nearby. However, If you have a full schedule and need to be near IFC or other parts of town, go elsewhere. The breakfast is ok. The gym has decent weight equipment but only a few, outdated exercise machines. Roof-top pool is clean, but small. Bath is adequate, but water took a while to get warm, never really got hot. Service was professional, courteous.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business

Dear 2deer,

Thank you very much for reviewing our hotel. I hope that your comments would be able to assist other travelers in deciding whether to stay at our hotel.

Your feedback has been recorded and we would keep it in active consideration to provide consistence service to all our guests.

Thank you once again and we look forward to being able to serve you on your next visit to Dubai.

Reviewed October 16, 2012

I agree with btonboz, it is a good location to the airport. However, if you are going for leisure, you may want to select another property. Downtown is really about 20 minutes away via Metro. The Metro is only a block away, so you can easily access downtown, however, you certainly can't step out the door to the attractions.

It was a pretty average facility. It was listed as a 4 star, however, some amenities weren't included in the rooms that I'd normally associate with a 4 star. WiFi is approximatley $7 a hour or you could get a day pass for a higher rate. We had to call for an iron and ironing board (which they were quick at bringing up).

The restaurant was very, very slow. We ordered the lunch special in hopes of quickly being served, however, that wasn't the case. They were very disorganized. The waitress came to our table to take our reservations before we even received a menu. Then they brought one menu for a table of six people and we had to share it. The food was adequate at best.

It's an ok place to stay if you need a place by the airport or just in and out for meetings. However, if your goal is vacation, then I'd recommend a different location.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Downtown Dubai, responded to this reviewResponded November 2, 2012

Dear kstvlagnt,

Thank you very much for taking the time to share your comments online. I am glad you liked the location of our hotel. My apologies that the services you received and your experience at the restaurant fell short of your expectations. I assure you that every comment, no matter how small, is taken very seriously. We hope to get a chance of hosting you again and show you how great our hotel is.

Karen C